Originally Posted by Mindtwistah
It will act as a "flirt influence system", Atton and Bao will get a number of 50 when you free them from their cells in Telos hidden academy and you can raise and lower this number trough scripts. The higher you have, more dialog nodes will be available because of conditionals that checks that number.
Now I want to know if it is possible to make a copy of the real influence system and if it is, how?
You can't make a copy of the influence system, but from what you describe you wouldn't need that anyway. For your purpose it should be enough to add two new global number variables to globalcat.2da
and then use a series of scripts that modify and check the value of those. You wouldn't need to make any new scripts for that since TSL already comes with a series of scripts for checking and manipulating the values of global variables from dialog files.
- a_global_dec - decrease the value of the variable set by the String Param by the value set in P1.
- a_global_inc - increase the value of the variable set by the String Param by the value set in P1.
- a_global_set - set the value of the variable set by the String Param to the value set in P1.
- c_global_lt - returns true if the value of the variable set by String Param is lower than the value set in P1.
- c_global_gt - returns true if the value of the variable set by String Param is higher than the value set in P1.
- c_global_eq - returns true if the value of the variable set by String Param exactly matches the value set in P1.
- c_global_bet - returns true if the value of the variable set by String Param is equal or higher than the value in P1 and equal or lower than the value set in P2.
So, if you for example have added a global number variable called FLIRT_ATTON
you'd set the initial value (50) by assigning a_global_set
to a node in the dialog where they are freed from the cells, with the P1
field (for that script on the dialog node) set to 50
and the String Param
field (for that script on the dialog node too) set to FLIRT_ATTON
Likewise, to check if Atton's flirt value is higher than 60 to trigger some special dialog, you'd assign c_global_gt
as conditional script for that dialog node, set the P1
field to 60
and the String Param
field to FLIRT_ATTON
and String Param
refer to the fields to the right of the script name box in tk102's DLG Editor where you assign parameter values to pass to the script.)