lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Main character of KOTOR 3?
Jedi Exile 7 6.42%
Revan 36 33.03%
Somebody else (explain?) 66 60.55%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Main character?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-25-2007, 10:47 PM   #81
shadowtrooper69
Rookie

id be a different guy for a new character . someone like a scholar or something , in a time period in the distant future to find the remains of ancient jedi/sith lord revan. your character will venture into the unknown regions. in the end you will have to fight the evil revan went to defeat. and once you kill it its spirit will fly into you and you will have the choice to reject it or embrace it. kinda like the end of Fable.
shadowtrooper69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2007, 02:38 AM   #82
Shato Khan
Rookie

a new chacter but you can import your save games from k1 and k2 for reven and the exiles aperances
Shato Khan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2007, 08:34 AM   #83
shadowtrooper69
Rookie

ya like in tsl with revan , cool idea. it would also be cool if your character could actually remember things, like a person that didnt have his/her mind wiped clean
shadowtrooper69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #84
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I remember my first thread on these forums. I called it ''Who do you want to play as in KoTOR 3?''. Voted for Revan, of course, just like I did here. He's the only one fit to finish the current KoTOR storyline. After that, in some possible KoTOR 4, the main character could be anyone.

Ah, the good old days...

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 05:06 PM   #85
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
new main character

I like Revan and the Exile was an average character. I do believe that the main character should be a new character but they have to have some connection to the events related to Revan to help pull the whole 3 stories together.
logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 08:33 PM   #86
tulakhordpwns
Rookie

new character no question.
Revan and Exile are cool, but we have already played as them in a game.
Revan and/or Exile can show up as NPCs.
tulakhordpwns is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #87
darthcarth

As many people said some one else while i had my fun playing as revan and the exile it just wouldnt feel right starting at a high level my part in their saga has been completed now its time for a new hero or villan to arise.

EmpireFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
darthcarth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 10:42 PM   #88
CommanderRyan
Lurker

I for one would like a NPC.
Why?Because he basically has a new rap sheet/he is new to the force and he can learn w/o being chased by sith assasins*hehe*

We Have Lost Control Kill Everone
CommanderRyan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 02:45 AM   #89
Darth Vanisher
Rookie

A Wookiee will be nice.
Just kidding.

Well... in KoTOR I we've start as Revan, who is canonically male. And in KoTOR II: TSL, we've start as Jedi Exile, who is canonically female. So in KoTOR III, I think we should start as a droid, who is canonically should be genderless.

Maybe we can be HK-47, or T3-M4. Or another droids. :P And if possible, then became a Jedi. I think a real Jedi Droid (not "Jedi Droid" on Dantooine) will be a good idea.
Well, that's just me.
Darth Vanisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 03:11 AM   #90
damian622
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
I remember my first thread on these forums. I called it ''Who do you want to play as in KoTOR 3?''. Voted for Revan, of course, just like I did here. He's the only one fit to finish the current KoTOR storyline. After that, in some possible KoTOR 4, the main character could be anyone.
If (canonical) Revan become KoTOR 3 PC, I won't play it. And I don't belive many DS will... You done such evils in KoTOR to play as your opposite...

Neither will play with canonical Exile.
damian622 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 08:02 AM   #91
igyman
Tension!

As far as I know the canonical Revan is a Light Sided male, so I'm not sure what evils are you talking about.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #92
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
They should have it where you can choose if Revan was light or dark side, as well as the Jedi Exile. The gender will also be something you can choose for them.

If you don't have this, people will be annoyed. I know you can have these options and still be able to keep the plot in kotor3 from going to wide. You just have to decide what happen to Revan and Exile.
logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #93
damian622
Rookie

Quote:
As far as I know the canonical Revan is a Light Sided male, so I'm not sure what evils are you talking about.
That's right. I done such evils in KoTOR, but some guys decided that he must be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23
They should have it where you can choose if Revan was light or dark side, as well as the Jedi Exile. The gender will also be something you can choose for them.
Problem with Revan/Exile as PC in KoTOR 3 is that they can't be neutral (well, they can, they always could have brainwashing that made them neutral, but I don't think anybody would like that). And what now - you play as canonical player - then all DS players will get mad. You let them choose - Revan and Exile actions had much impact on universe (Telos restoration, Dantooine goverment, Onderon goverment, Mannan kolto distribution, Kashyyyk situation), but since that all would happened far, far away from place where would KoTOR 3 happened, makers can don't give a fu... flower about that, so more mystery will be left for players who don't read comics and books - but they are written as canon, so DS players would have no fun.

At least TSL was cut out, so no problems with deciding if Atton killed Disciple, Atton was killed by Sion, Handmaiden killed Visas, Visas gave her life in battle with Nihilus .
Old 08-19-2007, 02:46 PM   #94
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
Two amin Characters- you coustomize both Revan and the Exile the way you had them when you played the first two games. Besides, if there was a new level-up concept, suhc as no levels but instead having zero levels, you could gain experience, and each time you gain enough experience you could ue it to get more pwoers and skills and feats and such. that would solve the 'Revan and Exile back at level one problem'.

Besides- whow ouldn't want to start out with Revan and the exile and totally maul entire armies?

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 05:38 PM   #95
darthcarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcesious
Two amin Characters- you coustomize both Revan and the Exile the way you had them when you played the first two games. Besides, if there was a new level-up concept, suhc as no levels but instead having zero levels, you could gain experience, and each time you gain enough experience you could ue it to get more pwoers and skills and feats and such. that would solve the 'Revan and Exile back at level one problem'.

Besides- whow ouldn't want to start out with Revan and the exile and totally maul entire armies?
Read the entire thread many people do not want to. Also what you are proposing to do with the level up systems would change entire game system nad many people wouldnt like that either.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #96
Arcesious

How about three main characters then? jeez, no need to get so worked up over a simple suggestion!

Old 08-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #97
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
It doesn't matter to me. The best thing would be if you could choose if you want to play as Revan or the Exile, or just want a new character, although I think that's impossible. But I suspect it'll be a new character. Why not a third very powerful Jedi? Then we can have a Jedi Triumvirate.

anyway, I don't think we should have Revan or the Exile as party members. Don't know how you'd solve the VO problem. Though if they'd record 20 voices for each to choose from, I'd be all for it. But again, that's nearly impossible.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #98
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
I will be happy with whatever they give us. I'm sure it will be a mixed group. You will have some humans, driods, and a potential Jedi. I just hope they don't give us another Jedi Master. I like the setup BioWare gave us in KotOR I. Regardless, I just hope it will be a fun and comprehensive game, and I hope it will stay true to Star Wars.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #99
darthcarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcesious
How about three main characters then? jeez, no need to get so worked up over a simple suggestion!

I in no way meant for that post to sound harsh in any way i was just telling you that most people would not like that type of game.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #100
Arcesious

Huh? why not? if not that, at least have Revan and th Exile among your crew, customizable to the way you had them in last two games so they are canon in the way you wanted them to be when you paly the game.
So you customize three characters at the start- Your new main character, Revan, and the Exile. I bet bioware or whoever is making K3 will come up with a way to blanace this all out in a way that everyone with like the way it's set up.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:13 PM   #101
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

I would rather not have either Revan or the Exile ever be the main character again, and I've always been against totally customizing them at the beginning. Whoever develops K3 has to take into account the people who have never played KotOR I or II and are just starting out fresh. They wouldn't know the first thing about who Revan or the Exile were or what they were like.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 12:02 AM   #102
Arcesious

Here's an idea:

Att he start, you chose whethe ror not you costomize Revan and the Exile at the start. If you chose not to, it will have their 'canon' characters as decided by George Lucas used instead. that way, everyone's happy.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:44 AM   #103
damian622
Rookie

I just thought that if there will be third character it must be asexual - Revan and Exile are male and female, so if LA don't want triangles to happen new hero mustn't have sex.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:22 AM   #104
Darth Vanisher
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian622
I just thought that if there will be third character it must be asexual - Revan and Exile are male and female, so if LA don't want triangles to happen new hero mustn't have sex.
Same as my idea.
In KoTOR III the main character should be genderless. A droid. A Jedi Droid. :P
Old 08-20-2007, 02:27 AM   #105
damian622
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vanisher
Same as my idea.
In KoTOR III the main character should be genderless. A droid. A Jedi Droid. :P
[Warning, joke (but who knows)]

Official LA Announcement: Due to lack of sexes we make main PC for KoTOR 3 a Droid. Due to popularity of HK-47 he will be main hero. Game will change into FPP RPG (like Deus Ex). Thank you for your patience to hear Announcement.

[/Warning, joke (but who knows)]
Old 08-20-2007, 04:56 AM   #106
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
A droid. A Jedi Droid.
Question. How do you expect a droid to use the force? It's not a living thing, therefore it can't be Force Sensitive, therefore it can't be a Jedi. It can wield a lightsaber, though.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:06 AM   #107
Darth Vanisher
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian622
[Warning, joke (but who knows)]

Official LA Announcement: Due to lack of sexes we make main PC for KoTOR 3 a Droid. Due to popularity of HK-47 he will be main hero. Game will change into FPP RPG (like Deus Ex). Thank you for your patience to hear Announcement.

[/Warning, joke (but who knows)]
Haha.
Thus the main character will be canonically evil.
It's only will be a light side if someone install the pacifist module on him.

Quote:
Question. How do you expect a droid to use the force? It's not a living thing, therefore it can't be Force Sensitive, therefore it can't be a Jedi. It can wield a lightsaber, though.
"...you can just think of him as any other non-Jedi in the little group - with a light saber."
There's also some "Jedi Droid" on Dantooine in KoTOR I. :P

Just joking...
Well, if the main character should be a droid, yes, it will lack of Force powers... but at last I think we can finally see a real Jedi Droid (not like one in Dantooine) wielding a lightsaber besides Grievous. And as a main character.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:18 AM   #108
igyman
Tension!

I think that might be better for a party member, since the players want their own character to be able to use all those fancy Jedi powers.

On another note, Grievous is an alien in a mechanical body, so he's not exactly a droid.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:58 AM   #109
Darth Vanisher
Rookie

Yep... thought so. What makes a 'real' Star Wars is the Force powers, though.

Quote:
On another note, Grievous is an alien in a mechanical body, so he's not exactly a droid.
Hmm... it reminds me something... his real form is an alien, so technically he is a 'meatbag' -- if HK would say. But why Dooku doesn't teach him to use the Force? It is because his body is mechanical?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:19 AM   #110
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sparrow
IWhoever develops K3 has to take into account the people who have never played KotOR I or II and are just starting out fresh. They wouldn't know the first thing about who Revan or the Exile were or what they were like.
They did that with K2, yes. But you'd expect most people who'd buy K3 already played the previous two. If it continues the story of Revan in the Unknown Regions, then it's difficult to make K3 a game with a fresh start, without any references to K1 & K2.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #111
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth vanisher
But why Dooku doesn't teach him to use the Force?
The robot body shouldn't matter. My guess is that either Grievous wasn't Force Sensitive, or Dooku just didn't got around to it.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:00 PM   #112
damian622
Rookie

Quote:
Haha.
Thus the main character will be canonically evil.
It's only will be a light side if someone install the pacifist module on him.
If you read mine previous posts, you can guess I wouldn't have much problem with canonical evil character.
And I think I even could play as HK-47 with pacifist module. Those fight you would have . You propably would have to fight like Vincenzo Cortino in Godfather parody called "Mafia!". Or you would have that joke from Monty Python which let Allies win World War by killing all Germans with laugh.

Quote:
What makes a 'real' Star Wars is the Force powers, though.
Oh, come on. We all seen that Force always leave you when needed most. Like when Really Bad Witch tried to bring her lightsaber to defend herself from Sion (that movie when she talked about her past).

Quote:
I think that might be better for a party member, since the players want their own character to be able to use all those fancy Jedi powers.
To tell truth, if I could play as HK-47, I would don't give a d*** about Jedi Powers. In game, when I seen enemy I usually pressed number 1 few times and went further. I only usually pressed 4 to get fast running...
Only minus of HK-47 is that I wouldn't get that cool zombie-look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades
They did that with K2, yes. But you'd expect most people who'd buy K3 already played the previous two. If it continues the story of Revan in the Unknown Regions, then it's difficult to make K3 a game with a fresh start, without any references to K1 & K2.
And if K3 will be last one about Revan story, then probably, after some time, all KotORs will be packed into TotOR (Trilogy of the Old Republic). And K3 without references to K1 and K2 won't really fit it.

Ps.: If K3 won't be last, we can expect SotOR (Saga of ...)
Old 08-21-2007, 11:59 PM   #113
Jvstice

I want Revan & Exile as either recruitable NPCs or individuals you work with, but are not in their party, like the Manaan Diplomat in K1, Zuka from the Mandalorian camp or the hidden Jedi masters in K2, but I don't want either of them to be the PC. I wouldnt be upset by an option to choose their appearance instead of or in addition to the main PC, but I don't want either of them to be the PC.

I want them important to the story, but I don't want them as the main point of view character overall. I think the games have started a tradition with each game having a new main pc/hero, and K3 should stick to the formula at least to this degree.

I'd especially like either one of two options for the main PC.
1) Zayne Carrick - the hero/anti-hero in the ongoing KOTOR comic book series
2) An as yet unnamed member of the sith race who looks at what whatever Dark Lord of the Sith in K3 is doing and chooses to get involved in the galaxy's plight at least in part because he/she feels that the Sith Lord is giving his /her people a bad name.
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Main character?