lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The execution of order 66 sucked...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #41
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Yeah, Homer as Vader and Burns as the Emperor. Homer:Where's Marge? Burns:You killed her Simpson. Homer: D'oh d'oh d'oh....(see's a doghnut)...mmmm, doughnuts

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 05:58 AM   #42
garm_bel_iblis
Rookie

I read somewhere that originally Order 66 was supposed to be executed a lot differently. The theory was (I think) that Darth Sidious was so powerful with the Force (and with the use of kyber crystals, if you get into the expanded universe) that he would actually telepathically influence the minds of the clone troops that were all over the galaxy at a moment in time (using the Force to transcend space) and force them to kill the Jedi generals they were being lead by. This alternate story also supported Sidious's decision to eliminate the droid armies and instead to have a sentient one, one that he could manipulate and control using the Force, whereas with droids he could do nothing which wouldn't have appealed to him. This alternate theory would have also been supported when reading the Thrawn trilogy, when Thrawn explains to his second-in-command, Captain Pellaeon, that the reason for the Empire's defeat at Endor was mostly due to the death of Sidious. Without his presence to boost the morale and coordination of the Imperials thru the Force, the Rebels were able to destroy The Executor and other Star Destroyers and send the Imperials scrambling.

I thought that version of the execution of Order 66 was a lot more interesting then Sidious just sending an order to clone commanders from his office (lol). It would have also reminded us that Sidious was "clouding the vision" of the Jedi and also influencing and controlling the weak-minded Senators thru the Force. I always liked that version too because it showed the audience that Palpatine was manipulative, conniving, and power hungry and he was REALLY good at it, the best at it. That was where his true strength really was, manipulation and control, not in combat so much (as shown by Mace Windu and Yoda). He worked from the shadows to bring the Republic and the galaxy to his mercy and brought that structure crumbling down around the Jedi until there was nothing they could do to stop it. It was also the reason he needed Vader to be his errand boy, Sidious works behind-the-scenes and he needed a lapdog for the more "hands on" work, someone to dispatch his enemies and the strong-minded people he couldn't control thru the Force.

Last edited by garm_bel_iblis; 10-27-2007 at 03:51 AM.
garm_bel_iblis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #43
NL_Sudentor
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Badguy
In my opinion, the execution of order 66 was really really bad. The clones could have done it without any losses and even Yoda and Obi One could have been killed.

Take Ki Adi Mundu. The clones get Order 66 and what do they do? They go stand behind him and reload, one by one. I mean, wtf? They could have reloaded a long time before and if they had to reload now, reload together, not one after the other... even a gungan could have taken some clones with him now...

And what about obi-one? Instead of using a large group of snipers to take him down and some heavy troopers with bazookas to fisnih it, COdy decides to take ONE, SINGLE heavy trooper!!! Why? In the battle of Utapau there were THOUSANDS of clones...

Yoda at last. A clone trooper walks toward a Scout Trooper to tell him "Let's kill Yoda". A Scout Trooper. He has a damn sniperrifle!!! And what do they doe? They walk towards Yoda and stop one meter behind him...

Why did it sucked, it doesn't matter if the one that was trying to kill yoda was a scout if you say he was standing one metre from him.
And remeber on utapau the were still battling the separatists. And if your canon is so accurate why use something else, and also don't forget that snipers shoot on targets that move slowly or don't move.

That beast from obi did ran very fast he.
And i never have seen one heavy trooper from the clones!!

And you are right with ki adi mundi's death, they could have reloaded all together, but it makes that scene more attractive when there is a little evading of the lasers to make the jedi don't look to weak.
(this was already a scene on felucia whit that blue jedi woman thing)
i don't know her name right now.

I agree, it could have been better but it certainly doesn't suck

The place where I was raised they didn't gave us names, they gave us numbers!
Mine was.... 47

--------Smoki'n weed everyday-------
NL_Sudentor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2008, 11:33 PM   #44
hellhawk
Rookie

wait wait... rember in episode 2 were mace askes yoda... shall we tell the senate our ability to sense has become usless? that may contribute!
hellhawk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 01:26 AM   #45
Sir Phobos
Rookie

Quote:
Take Ki Adi Mundu. The clones get Order 66 and what do they do? They go stand behind him and reload, one by one. I mean, wtf? They could have reloaded a long time before and if they had to reload now, reload together, not one after the other... even a gungan could have taken some clones with him now...
Well they finished the job right? Sure Mundi was able to waste a clone or two but it could have been way worse for them.

Quote:
And what about obi-one? Instead of using a large group of snipers to take him down and some heavy troopers with bazookas to fisnih it, COdy decides to take ONE, SINGLE heavy trooper!!! Why? In the battle of Utapau there were THOUSANDS of clones...
Well a single heavy trooper has a lot of firepower. Obi should have been dead and even though it wasn't confirmed on the Clones side, they still marched around forever trying to find him. To put it simply, Obi Wan had to tuck his tail and run.

Quote:
Yoda at last. A clone trooper walks toward a Scout Trooper to tell him "Let's kill Yoda". A Scout Trooper. He has a damn sniperrifle!!! And what do they doe? They walk towards Yoda and stop one meter behind him...
You have a point here but Order 66 was largely successful save for Vader's injuries and Obi Wan/Yoda escaping. All key plot points.
Sir Phobos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #46
Darth Macca
Rookie

Quote:
In my opinion, the execution of order 66 was really really bad. The clones could have done it without any losses and even Yoda and Obi One could have been killed.

Yes, and what are the chances of Anakin attempting to leap over Obi-Wan's head to gain the "high-ground"? What are the chances of Darth Maul simply standing, motionless, after Obi-Wan had leaped over his head? What are the chances of Anakin having a bad dream about Padme? What are the chances of Palpatine being elected as Supreme Chancellor after the dissolution of Chancellor Valorum? What are the chances of Grievous opting to fight Obi-Wan alone, after jumping down in front of a massacre of droids?

Jesus Christ; just try to enjoy the film for what it is, as opposed to sitting at a computer dissecting it, shot-for-shot.

Darth Macca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #47
Druganator

Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
did anyone notice that the Mandalorians were enemies of the republic for thousands of years if not longer (the taungs were grey skinned rivals of the humans at Coruscaunt and they fought each other but the humans won and kicked out the taungs) and jedi master Sifo-Dias managed to make them the army of the republic? isnt that a bit weird to take one of their longest enemies and make them the face of your army?

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2008, 11:08 PM   #48
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran

Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
Never really thought of it like that, I guess. Well, there's irony for you.

Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2008, 12:08 AM   #49
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Well, Mandolorians are mercenaries so they work for the highest bidder...

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2008, 12:33 AM   #50
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
They weren't nescisarily mercenaries.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #51
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Yeah, the Mandalorians, as a whole, aren't mercenaries. Sure, most of them do end working as mercenaries, but the first duty of most Mandalorians has always been to their people, and ultimately the Mandalore.

The mercenary side is just a popular perception, one that they have often managed to use to their advantage. I mean, they're just simple mercenaries, aren't they?
Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #52
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Correction: The mercenary side was the truth, and the "Code of Honor" βμΓΓΣhiτ was the perception, until Karen Travesty bulldozed the idea and decided to turn them into great, misunderstood knights in shining armor of great honor and justice (this subsequently ruined the characters of both Jango and Boba Fett, incidentally).

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #53
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Thank you, I needed someone else to agree with me...

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #54
Jayce76
Rookie

Current Game: Pac-man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Badguy View Post
Vos? I can't remember seeing him die in the movie...

He actually died in a cut scene from the movie. Now he is rumored to be in the live action series coming in a year or two . . .
Jayce76 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #55
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce76 View Post
He actually died in a cut scene from the movie. Now he is rumored to be in the live action series coming in a year or two . . .
...damned necromancers...

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #56
Jayce76
Rookie

Current Game: Pac-man
Guess that means we won't ever be seeing that particular scene back in the motion picture. Well that's Okay , might work out even better in the long run. If he is on the show , I do look foward too seeing'em. Right now , nobodies even sure what the Damm thing's about?
Jayce76 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #57
Gerevick
Rookie

LF Jester 
The rather quick and seamless exection of Order 66 was satisfying at the same time it was rather disappointing. The Jedi did not put up much of a fight. Even though they were outnumbered and taken by surprise, they could have made a better effort. Yoda did. Why did the others not?

I fought on the battlefield. I retired to embrace a life of discovery and profit. I carve my own path in life and am better for it.
Gerevick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #58
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Time constraints.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #59
Mandalore5
Rookie

Current Game: Empire at War:Thrawn's Revenge
And on the side of Ki-Adi Mundi, they were the Galactic Marines he was facing. They're the best in the Republic, and are far, far better than the average clone.

Also, the commanders and commandos were in fact given greater independence of thought, so Cody may have been acting on his friendship with Obi-wan. Though that raises the question of why Bly so mindlessly killled Aayla Secura, seeing as virtually every clone on Felucia held her in their highest, utmost respect.

I'm Mandalore, KotOR scripter-for-hire. Some know me, most don't. Here I am either way.
My KotOR1 Restoration Project (not just mine, there's someone else): http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/...storation-k1r/
Mandalore5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #60
RogueSplinterCell
Rookie

Current Game: Black Ops 2
If i were have been able to give order 66 i would have sent snipers to stay at a reasonable distance hidden on a perch and my highest Sith trained strongly with the force and lightsabers to dispatch Yoda and Obi-Wan. Not just clones. But whats been done has been done.

My modding HQ here
You can see my ghetto flicks here
My specs and Emu page here
RogueSplinterCell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > The execution of order 66 sucked...