lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: After a Knightfall
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-29-2007, 01:39 AM   #41
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Niara watched Gordon at the bar for a moment before turning to Ferod. "If someone used him to set us up, he's in as great a danger as the rest of us."

She stood and strode over to the bar, taking a seat beside Gordon. "Whoever set us up may use this meeting as cause to arrest you, to force you to work against Jedi. As strange as it may seem given the fact that Jedi are being hunted like none other, your best bet for safety and actually getting out of this mess alive is to stay with us."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #42
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Gordon smiled. "And here I thought I was here to help you." He said with laughter in his voice. "Yeah I'm in." He stood up. "I have many contact in many places, so i'm not wihtout my uses."

Curt-Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #43
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Quite true" Ferod said and nodded before Niara excused herself from the booth. Only a moment later the Vultan man as well stood up. Looking down at Charollus, he smiled.
"I must go move our fighter to the hangar where Shyla's ship is. I shall contact you when we are ready for departure. Keep the group together and lead them to the hangars once you recieve my message" he said and nodded, stepping away from the booth, smiling still to reassure the woman she can pull it off. When the man left she sighed quietly and looked at Viktor.
"I'll be needing your help here. I'm overwhelmed with this task and you seem to know your way around the Wheel"

------

Once Ferod had gotten to the ARC-170 and jumped in he had once more changed into his jedi robes, feeling the armor chafing in the wrong places and being very painful on longer sitting periods. The engines were warmed enough and he contacted the Wheel's main computer for help in locating Shyla's ship. After finding it the Wheel helped by tractor beaming him towards the right hangar once he had left his hangar and gotten near enough. However, there was something he saw on the way that disturbed him, as the ship called Firewind dropped out of hyperspace and launched several shuttles to head for the Wheel. Firewind was a Victory-class Star Destroyer and a part of Vader's Death Squadron. Not only did it mean that the Empire had been much more swifter than they had expected, but it also meant they had no time to lose in getting out. Fortunately the Firewind didn't have the needed equipment to stop them from jumping into hyperspace. After Ferod arrived in the same hangar as Shyla's ship he set the ARC-170, aptly named Trouble Hunter, right next to the light freighter before getting out of the cockpit and looking at the ship.

"What a hunk of junk... I hope it can hold the weight without splitting open" Ferod said to himself and chuckled, taking out his comm and contacting Charollus.
"Charollus, we've got Stormtroopers on their way to the station. We need to go. Reassemble in Hangar TH-1138-X" he said and cut the comm before approaching the ramp leading to the freighter.

------

Charollus sighed after getting the message. By the time they were at the hangar, the Empire would have boarded the Wheel and started their search, including having view through the surveillance cameras. He first turned to Viktor.
"Hangar TH-1138-X. We need to go there. Now" she said before standing up and walking to Niara with the same message.
"Imperials. Hangar TH-1138-X. Now" she said and headed off, hoping someone of them knew where the hangar was in the first place.

((Time skip so we can get a move-on and avoid needless blabbering and such))

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2007, 10:10 AM   #44
Grace
Forumite

"...Corellia needs you, no matter what CorSec says. We're trying to get you off the blacklist. I need you, Shyla. Contact me as soon as you get the message."

Shyla sat in silence, staring still at the comm system though the voice had died away. After all these years, they wanted her to go back? CorSec would have her hide as soon as she'd finished helping them. And yet...

Artie whistled curiously and Shyla shrugged.

"I dunno, Artie," she said. "Should we go back?"

The droid issued a flurry of beeps and whistles and Shyla laughed. "I really should give you a memory wipe," she said. "You have altogether too much personality for one astro droid."

From the noises he made, Artie made it very clear what he thought of that idea.

"Don't worry," Shyla chuckled. "You're safe... but I am going to call Eki."

She switched on the comm system and called Eki Rostor...

My story in progress: United We Stand - Divided We Fall

Please read and review
Grace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #45
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
The jedi walked up the ramp and looked around. He looked around, drawing his hood over his head and then continued further inside. Keeping an eye out for intrusive droids and such, he looked around a bit. Amongst the things he looked for was Shyla herself. By the point he bumped into Artie, he had found Shyla trying to reach someone. It seemed just as well that they now had some place to go.
"Thought you would like to know that there are Stormtroopers heading for the Wheel. We need to get off this hunk of sin as soon as possible" he said before the communications were estalished and he stepped out of the holoprojector's range.

------

The occasional rumble echoed in the rebel bunker and dirt fell from the roof to pile up on the floor. The Imperials were determined to find them, no matter what it took. Fortunately for the rebels the bunker extended far below Coronet and the Empire could not risk the loss of such a metropolis and the ships from Corellian Engineering Corporation. Thus they were safe from bombardment. At least for now.

A loud beep broke the silencein the bunker and Eki responded. Walking into the communications room he sat down and traced the call back to Shyla's ship. Smiling to himself he answered the comm.
"Finally. I knew you'd answer my message once you got it. Are you coming back?"

In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Old 08-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #46
Grace
Forumite

Shyla hesitated a moment, glancing at Ferod. She was unsure of what her new traveling companions would think about going to a place where Shyla herself had been unwelcome. Slowly, she nodded to Eki. "Yes," she answered. "Promise me CorSec won't be a pain."

Please read and review
Old 08-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #47
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Eki sighed and looked at the hologram infront of him.
"Shyla... You know I can't promise that. We have used all resources we have to get you off the blacklist, but the final decision is to CorSec and we won't be trusting them until they prove themselves to be for Corellia and not against it" the man said and shook his head, startled slightly when a robed man walked into view and drew his hood back.
"Is there a possibility of hiding our ships inside a larger freighter. To make sure it is safe to enter the system?" Ferod asked and Eki looked behind him at someone they couldn't see before nodding.
"It could be arranged. One of us has a bulk freighter captain who owes a favour. But we will need two days at least to prepare the containers to carry a ship as large as yours" Eki said and Ferod placed a hand on Shyla's shoulder.
"Then we shall stall somewhere for two days and then head for a meeting with the freighter just outside the Corellia System. Right?" he asked and looked down at Shyla for confirmation

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 08-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #48
Grace
Forumite

((Due to computer issues, WJ has asked me to inform you that he won't be able to post for a bit. Computer had to be sent away somewhere or something... he promises he's coming back though, which is an improvement from last time, I gather ))

"Right," Shyla agreed. She smiled at the hologram of Eki. "See you in two days."

Then, she looked up at Ferod. "Two days... any suggestions of a destination? We've gotta get out of here fast... where is everyone?"

Distracted, she began working the controls of the freighter, preparing everything for a quick escape. As if sensing her distress, Artie whistled sadly and rolled away to help prep the ship.

Please read and review
Old 08-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #49
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"Dantooine. I have some contacts there, we can stay for a bit then move on." Gordon piped up suggesting a destination as it was requested.

Curt-Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2007, 05:16 AM   #50
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Nobody had noticed the rest of the group entering the ship just in time to hear the question. As Gordon spoke, Charollus noticed Ferod's robes and smirked, leaving for the lounge to get some refreshments, meaning water.
"Dantooine is a good place to start at least, but we shouldn't stay even there for long. As a Jedi I'm still obliged to keep peace, and Dantooine is a peaceful planet which should not be disturbed by a major Imperial mission to destroy a pair of Jedi and those who are helping them" he said before smiling appaerently for no reason and following Shyla.

"That was Eki Rostor, wasn't it? I had the pleasure of fighting with his father and brothers during the Clone Wars. They spoke much of him, but I never really got why he didn't follow them to become an Antarian Ranger or a Freedom Warrior and instead chose CorSec. Is he truly that much of a patriot?" he asked and slid his hand under his sleeves, truly looking like a peaceful Jedi in harmony with the Galaxy, even if he was not in such a state. Maybe once before the Clone Wars, but that side disappeared with the fighting and would cower away from him until he died or found a new reason for getting in harmony with himself and the Galaxy. He was blind to such things, however.

Charollus meanwhile walked out of the ship and hopped into the ARC-170, prepping it as well, even if that didn't take as long as the larger freighter did, but nonetheless she should be sure everything was working right before docking with the larger ship once out of the hangar.

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 08-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #51
Grace
Forumite

"Once a Corellian, always a Corellian," Shyla answered, her chin rising in near-defiance. "Even blacklisted, if a cry for aid goes out, we go home if we can. Eki's no different. He may have been offered all kinds of promotions and whatnot, but to stay available to Corellia, the easiest path is CorSec."

The ship came to life with a few faint rattles and hissing noises. She switched on an intercom and inquired, "Artie, how are things looking? We ready?"

Confirmation came in beeps and whistles and Shyla grinned up at Ferod. "Okay, that's it then. Here we go."

The freighter lifted gently off the landing platform and spun slowly to face the exit, into space. Taking great care not to bump into anything on the way out, Shyla directed the ship out and away from the station. She flicked a couple of makeshift controls, put there only recently to control the docking mechanism they'd installed to provide a place for the ARC-170.

"Docking mechanism set to receive," she said. "Soon as your friend has the ship docked up there, we can go... hold on... she's not riding up there the entire trip, is she?"

Please read and review
Old 08-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #52
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"No. That is, if she has finally mastered the trick I've been training her. Just open the nearest hatch to the ARC and she'll be inside within minutes" he said and took out his comlink. The ship shook as the ARC docked with it and Charollus contacted her master.
"Docking finished. I'll shut her down and get inside" she noted and the Vulcan jedi nodded.
"Good. Remember what I have been teaching you and begin. The nearest hatch should open up and you should recognize it by the lights flashing around it" he said and after a while the woman contacted them back.
"Yes, I see it now. The ship's steady, opening the cockpit now. I'll be there in a minute" she said and Ferod put his comlink away.

The cockpit hissed open, letting Charollus out. She wore an oxygen mask and closed the cockpit after her. Making a ball, the jedi concentrated and floated to the hatch in a sort of a slumber that ended once the hatch closed once more and sealed her inside the freighter. Taking the oxygen mask off she stood up and smiled, stretching slightly to get ther rsoting out of her system, taking she could handle it due to her being a form of a plant

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 09-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #53
Grace
Forumite

((Get the what out of her system?))

Shyla shook her head in amazement. "Now that's an impressive skill to have. Alright, we're out of here."

With the ARC fighter attached to the top of the freighter, it looked so unlike the ship Shyla had stolen from CorSec. The course to Dantooine had already been plotted and Shyla engaged the hyperdrive.

Please read and review
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > After a Knightfall