lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: what should gf2 be about?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-12-2002, 12:55 PM   #1
sam fandango
Banned

Arrow what should gf2 be about?

manny goes to the 8th level or whatever and so what can happen next???

i think that the makers of the game created the LSA in case a sequel was needed

for instance, manny can come back to help the LSA win a big civil war in the land of the dead. this time though, i hope the game is non-linear like the 2nd year (as apposed to the first year) the game should tap more into film noir and you should be able to have a FPS mode. also, i hope its like that titanic game where you REALLY interact w. people instead of ask them pointless questions
sam fandango is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2002, 12:00 PM   #2
sam fandango
Banned

think of it... the cover o'GF2:

manny w/ a pistol w/ meche up front

eva and the bee guy and other bees + undead w/ green unifroms, red star hats, and cool sub-machine guns. The red bandanas make them look south american left-wing rebel-esqe. glottis is in the background w/ a tank (sam fandango commeses drooling)

come on people!

this is called give your own ideas about GF2 instead of think "wow sam fandango has a bad and weir idea for GF2.

i talking to you viewers

ahhhh!
Old 11-18-2002, 01:13 PM   #3
sam fandango
Banned

communist beadnick:

this sucks,like,dig it man
Old 11-18-2002, 02:48 PM   #4
Tall Guy
Est. 1985

Welcome to the forums

I'm moving this to the 'Land of the Dead' forum...

btw, please don't triple post. it's annoying. thanks

Tall Guy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2002, 03:20 PM   #5
Sanspoof

Protester:

Crazy liberals!
Sanspoof is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
Torque
Rookie

Sorry, but a "sequel" involving the same characters just wouldn't do. Most characters are either gone/sprouted or in the 9th Underworld, and once you're in the 9th Underworld there's no turning back. Plus Manny would never return anyway, even if he could. A sequel would most likely have brand new characters, as I just don't see Eva or Glottis as potential main characters.

A "prequel" however might work. Or maybe they could "fill" in the gaps and explain things like:
1) How Manny got a nightclub.
2) What happened during that year from Puerto Zapato to the Gate of the 9th Underworld.
Torque is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #7
stewlil
Rookie

lol That cover description i would expect on an action shooter. Grim isnt that. I would like exactly the same fixed camera arrow controlled whole thing, and like a different character besides manny, Crossovers would be cool like meeting new characters.

"There's nothing better than spitting in the face of someone that hands you an ultimatum." Deron Miller of cKy
stewlil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2007, 04:01 PM   #8
Torque
Rookie

I'd love to actually make a Grim Fandango 2 myself, free of charge, for everyone to download. But most gaming companies are probably too paranoid about their copylefts-and-rights to allow that. I'll stick to Oblivion modding, Bethesda is much more "modder-friendly".
Torque is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Land of the Dead > what should gf2 be about?