lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Multiplayer option does not even appear on menu screen!?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-19-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
Whoolpurse
Lurker

Multiplayer option does not even appear on menu screen!?

Okay some time ago i bought star wars best of PC. Outcast runs fine but with a proplem, Multiplayer option does not appear on the screen there is only singleplayer load options such things.

I did not mod it, patch it or anything else.

And if you could provide a link to patch it to 1.04 then i would be happy. Thanks!
Whoolpurse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
UberSkull
Rookie

I don't have the link, but you can just google for it. Not that hard to find lol.
UberSkull is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
Whoolpurse
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberSkull
I don't have the link, but you can just google for it. Not that hard to find lol.
Yeah i did but only thing that came up was a patch from fileplanet. membership costs money and i ain't paying for that.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
-BLaCKouT-
Clone Brutality

Right mate,
first off, you can get the 1.04 patch for FREE from here;
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/fil...Patch_104;3825

That said, I'm not sure if your release will already be pre-patched. If it is, it'll tell you when you try to install the above.

Next up,
We've had a few queries about multi-player on the best-of version, and I can't seem to find a thread with an answer in it. To go round the long way;

Open My Computer and go to;
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData

There should be a file in there called jk2mp.exe
This is the executable for multi-player. If it's there, right-click it and select Copy, then right-click on your desktop and select Paste Shortcut. Opening that will take you straight into multi-player.
Oh, and you'll probably get an 'Incorrect Disc' error with the best-of version. I believe it's the KoTOR disc you need to insert to play JO-Multi.

If the jk2mp.exe file ISN'T there... let us know, we'll look into it a bit more. Well, let us know either way, eh?

Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus. ULCER are from Margate...
-BLaCKouT- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #5
Whoolpurse
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BLaCKouT-
Right mate,

That said, I'm not sure if your release will already be pre-patched. If it is, it'll tell you when you try to install the above.

Next up,
We've had a few queries about multi-player on the best-of version, and I can't seem to find a thread with an answer in it. To go round the long way;

This is the executable for multi-player. If it's there, right-click it and select Copy, then right-click on your desktop and select Paste Shortcut. Opening that will take you straight into multi-player.
Oh, and you'll probably get an 'Incorrect Disc' error with the best-of version. I believe it's the KoTOR disc you need to insert to play JO-Multi.

If the jk2mp.exe file ISN'T there... let us know, we'll look into it a bit more. Well, let us know either way, eh?

Ok i'll try. thanks!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #6
Whoolpurse
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BLaCKouT-
Right mate,

Next up,

I can't install the patches, i try to run them but then i get the message: STJKJO not found. or something like that. and the MP file wont run...
Old 09-20-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
-BLaCKouT-
Clone Brutality

But the jamp file is there? It's a curious problem alright.

I'd recommend a complete uninstall and reinstall, see if that gets you anywhere. But failing that, I'm not sure what else to try
Do you have access to another computer where you could install from the same disc and see if it works on there?

Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus. ULCER are from Margate...
-BLaCKouT- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Multiplayer option does not even appear on menu screen!?