lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [NWN2] Expansion Pack and Model Exporter announced!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-09-2007, 03:51 AM   #121
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlos
Edit: I did it... finally...
Oooh, you finished it? How was the ending, was it up to Obsidian's usual (excellent) standards?

(I'm not mad, I liked how Torment and TSL ended!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2007, 07:17 AM   #122
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Oooh, you finished it? How was the ending, was it up to Obsidian's usual (excellent) standards?
Probably depends on which one. Apparently there are (at least) four different endings: Good, Good optimal, Evil, Evil Optimal... if you get all the mask pieces determine if you can get the optimal ending or not. And then the fate of some of your followers may vary a bit depending on certain actions taken in the game.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2007, 11:07 AM   #123
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
I'll write up my thoughts about it, as soon as I can collect them . Not that it will be much use seeing as how the American release was today - unless we have any Australian NWN2 fans among us?

Edit: You no longer have to use the installation instructions on the BioWare boards. The autopatcher has been updated with a new patch which allows you to install NWN2, then MotB, then patch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob McGinnis
16 is a replacement for the hotfix. I didn't think it was going live until the morning.

Well, surprise!

16, I believe, allows you to install NWN2 fresh, then install MoTB, then apply this one patch and be done with it. I will confirm when I get in the office tomorrow.
Your game should be at 1.10.1116 (I think that's it, anyway)

StarWarsKnights.com -- News and features will be returning shortly...

I 'gin to be a-weary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.

Last edited by Pavlos; 10-09-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2007, 12:41 PM   #124
Web Rider

Quote:
I'll write up my thoughts about it, as soon as I can collect them . Not that it will be much use seeing as how the American release was today - unless we have any Australian NWN2 fans among us?
NO, the US ship date was today. Atari likes to mess with you like that. Nobody actually has it in stores and it's not available online yet.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #125
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Oh what a wonderful blunder:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob McGinnis
Hello Everyone,

There is currently a patch available on the Autopatcher. DO NOT INSTALL THIS PATCH!

If you do, it will overwrite your CD Key(s) and cause you much havoc.

Edit
If this patch has already been installed, you will need to manually open the file "nwncdkey.ini" and replace the CD key(s) with the original keys you entered at the time of installing the game. The file can be found in the NWN2 install folder.

If you have a backup of nwn2cdkey.ini from after you installed MotB, you can instead just restore the file from your backup.
Ever the optimist: at least they're addressing the issue.

Edit: But I don't actually know what he's talking about because my CD keys are unchanged... must be a randomly occurring glitch - it should only affect online play, anyway.

StarWarsKnights.com -- News and features will be returning shortly...

I 'gin to be a-weary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2007, 07:43 AM   #126
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Oh what a wonderful blunder:
Ever the optimist: at least they're addressing the issue.
This is an example of why I usually wait a few weeks before applying a newly released NWN2 patch. Obsidian's track record on the patching front so far could be summed up in the word over-eager. As in they seem to be so keen on getting the improvements out to the community that they don't bother testing that it works properly and don't break anything in the process.

Does this patch do anything else other than remove the need for the US crowd to go through aforementioned arcane update procedure? (If it doesn't add anything new I'll just skip it, too much work to patch NWN2 otherwise since the autoupdater throws a fit if it detects any modded files.)

By the way, which ending did you get?

Old 10-11-2007, 03:24 PM   #127
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Mod note:
I've split discussion about the story and endings of the Mask of the Betrayer expansion into a separate thread found here to keep the story spoilers more separate from talk about other aspects of the game.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > [NWN2] Expansion Pack and Model Exporter announced!