lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: KOTOR III - Going to happen?
Yes, of course it is! 34 34.69%
Maybe, it's hard to say. 37 37.76%
I'm sort of doubting it... 23 23.47%
No way! Of course it's not coming out! 4 4.08%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: KOTOR III - Really going to happen?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #41
Alexander the Great

If they make a K3, it will be in the distant future, as in a couple of years before release AT LEAST. I hope it's made by Obsidian, since the plot, IMO, was much more interesting than that of K1's besides the good old K1 twist. If LA is making it, we'll have to wait even longer, since they're busy on the Force Unleashed.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

Alexander the Great is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #42
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Nothing is going to happen anytime soon though.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2007, 10:17 AM   #43
Son of Skywalker15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Best to assume it just isn't going to. That way you'll avoid any disappointment if you're right and be pleasantly surprised if you're wrong.

Speculation is all useless IMO, though. We've already got two great games with memorable characters, and it's obvious how KotOR III would end anyway (good triumphing over evil). I kind of enjoy having the true Sith kept in the dark, too - we all fear the unknown, and the reason I think the true Sith seem so fearsome is that they are unknown. That and we've not run into the inevitable troubles involved in integrating Revan/Exile into the story, or have had to witness *another* PC come out of nowhere and go from zero to hero. (Oh gods, if they did that again...)

So anyway, whether KotOR III comes out or not I'll be a happy camper. But either it will or it won't, and me speculating over it isn't going to change that.

I agree with most of what you said. Except for the speculation is useless part. Speculation is fun, and while it won't affect the outcome of Kotor III, it is a wonderful way to use your imagination. I hope that they make a Kotor III (and they can still make the True Sith mysterious, by the way.) if they don't there are always other ways to know the story.

Founder & PR of EUCantina.net -- All Expanded Universe, all the time
Son of Skywalker15 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2007, 01:54 AM   #44
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
I think deep down we all want a KotOR III, some of us caring less than others. Even if we know what happens in the end of the game, it's still worth playing in my opinion. Maybe LA and the devs throw a curveball at us all and it's something none of us expected.
Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #45
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man_2423
I think deep down we all want a KotOR III, some of us caring less than others. Even if we know what happens in the end of the game, it's still worth playing in my opinion. Maybe LA and the devs throw a curveball at us all and it's something none of us expected.
That curveball's called "The Force Unleashed."

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #46
Kas'!m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7
Nothing is going to happen anytime soon though.

No, it's never coming out, so stop wasting your time thinking about it, people. The closest thing we will ever get to KOTOR III is the countless fan-fics being written by loyal fans
Kas'!m is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #47
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas'!m
No, it's never coming out, so stop wasting your time thinking about it, people. The closest thing we will ever get to KOTOR III is the countless fan-fics being written by loyal fans
they can't just leave us hangin, eventually KotOR III will come out, EVENTUALLY. I you don't agree you don't agree, we all have our own idea on this subject.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #48
jesusfreaks_90
Rookie

I'm not so sure Kas'!m in a recent interview with Chris Avellone (the main guy in the makeing KOTOR 2) at the end of the interview he said he cant talk about K3. Last time he had an interview he said that they would like to make it. Chris Avellone interview
jesusfreaks_90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #49
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
That mean EVENTUALLY that there will be a KotOR III...

Old 10-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #50
Master Shake

Current Game: kotor 3
I do believe a kotor 3 will be made and it should be made by obsidian because i think kotor 2's story was way better than the first and because chris avellone is a genius and he'll find some way to surprise us all
Master Shake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #51
Kas'!m

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusfreaks_90
I'm not so sure Kas'!m in a recent interview with Chris Avellone (the main guy in the makeing KOTOR 2) at the end of the interview he said he cant talk about K3. Last time he had an interview he said that they would like to make it. Chris Avellone interview
You can't talk about something that doesn't exist. Just because he said that they want to work on it, it doesn't that they are going to.

Quote:
they can't just leave us hangin
Of course they can. Don't you remember when there was supposed to be a Darth Plagueis book coming out? Look at what happened to that; apparently, George Lucas doesn't think we can handle that story. Apparently, he doesn't think we can handle KOTOR III either. Hell, they may not even make the game and decide to make it into a book and have Matthew Stover write it.
Kas'!m is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #52
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Quote:

Of course they can. Don't you remember when there was supposed to be a Darth Plagueis book coming out? Look at what happened to that; apparently, George Lucas doesn't think we can handle that story. Apparently, he doesn't think we can handle KOTOR III either. Hell, they may not even make the game and decide to make it into a book and have Matthew Stover write it.
You don't know that, no one does exept for LucasArts, and George himself!!
If you have any proof I personally would like to see it.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #53
Lance Monance
Rookie

Do you really think that George bothers himself much with games Lucasarts has in mind? If I was a billionaire I know i wouldn't..

Anyway, the past years I was rather confident that a Kotor III will be available eventually. But I don't believe in it anymore. Perhaps it is time to accept that there probably won't be a next Kotor.

IF there's a next one I'd wish Bioware developed it. But the chances of that happening appear to be next to zero. Well, Obsidian, given they get enough time, should do an equally good job.
Lance Monance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2007, 03:40 PM   #54
Corinthian
Banned

Don't count on it, Lance. StarCraft remained without a sequel for nearly a decade. Now look what Blizzard is making.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #55
GamezR2EZ
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR Modding
i would love a KotOR III (a BioWare KotOR III)
truthfully i dont see it happening, or at least in the next couple of years like was stated earlier

i think the closest well get is someone coming out with a collection of mods for KotOR II that resembles new areas\characters\ and a newish story

thats what i see happening
GamezR2EZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #56
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Obsidian will get my vote for a KotOR3 anytime - the plot for TSL was fantastic, and I want Avellone to finish it.

If there were any alternative, I'm not so sure I'd vote for Lucasarts to publish the game, though - they hurt TSL by cutting two months from the development schedule so they could have the game out in time for xmas...

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #57
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Obsidian will get my vote for a KotOR3 anytime - the plot for TSL was fantastic, and I want Avellone to finish it.
That's what I want, too. Avellone would know what to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
If there were any alternative, I'm not so sure I'd vote for Lucasarts to publish the game, though - they hurt TSL by cutting two months from the development schedule so they could have the game out in time for xmas...
LucasArts seems to be going in the right direction at the moment. If they can keep that attitude, then I see them not ruining anything at all!
Miltiades is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 09:23 AM   #58
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
^^^
I personally believe that remains to be seen.

After all, Jim Ward was named president of LucasArts in May 2004 and it was also announced in May of that year that the Xbox and PC versions of TSL were scheduled for release in Feb. 2005. It was after this time when it became known that the Xbox version of KotOR II: TSL was pushed up from Feb. 2005 to Dec. 2004. While I have no solid info to base my opinion as to the reason why KotOR 2: TSL got pushed up the move smacks of a new chief who wanted (or perhaps needed) to make certain year-end financial targets...

Jim Ward is still president at LucasArts and though he talks the good talk and perhaps has even demonstrated his commitment to quality games by allowing TFU to be pushed out from its originally announced Nov. 2007 release to Q1 2008, I hope that is because he learned his lesson with KotOR 2: TSL.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 07:04 PM   #59
Hann_Starr
Rookie

I hope there is a KOTOR 3, but I won't be thinking that much about it until after Mass Effect comes out.

First there was darkness...then came the strangers
Hann_Starr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 07:39 PM   #60
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Monance
Do you really think that George bothers himself much with games Lucasarts has in mind? If I was a billionaire I know i wouldn't..
Yes he actually does involve himself with the games because he has to give them permission to put certain things into the game, and the game has to have his approval. If you were a billionaire wouldn't you want to stay a billionaire??? I would, although I am not.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:21 PM   #61
Bedlem Wildfire
Lurker

Quote:

Dude why be negative ? Kotor games were awsome! Besides that i realy think that something in the line of kotor will be anounced by Christmas.
Bedlem Wildfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2007, 09:41 PM   #62
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

I think after Force Unleashed comes out then we'll possibly get something, they don't want to take hype away from FU before it's out. If it does get announced I think it may be within a year a few months after FU release to within a year and a half if nothing turns up by then I will of lost hope...probably
Beast-Thrasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2007, 12:27 AM   #63
Meowster

Current Game: New Vegas/KotOR
Maybe.

Although, I don't think if its made, it would be made in the next year or two. They're fairly busy with Force Unleashed, and all of those sequals they're making. And isn't LucasArts changing production to Three games a year, or somewhat?

I doubt they wouldn't make a third one, because...its not really resolved, and KotOR does have a pretty big fanbase.
Fanbase = Money
Meowster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2007, 07:31 PM   #64
Bedlem Wildfire
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowster
Maybe.

Although, I don't think if its made, it would be made in the next year or two. They're fairly busy with Force Unleashed, and all of those sequals they're making. And isn't LucasArts changing production to Three games a year, or somewhat?

I doubt they wouldn't make a third one, because...its not really resolved, and KotOR does have a pretty big fanbase.
Fanbase = Money

Not unless a different company makes the game ( obsidian)
Bedlem Wildfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2007, 08:05 AM   #65
Lance Monance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7
Yes he actually does involve himself with the games because he has to give them permission to put certain things into the game, and the game has to have his approval. If you were a billionaire wouldn't you want to stay a billionaire??? I would, although I am not.
Given how much the Kotor series contributes to his wealth.. I'd say he's better off concentrating on Battlefront, Lego Star wars etc...
Lance Monance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > KOTOR III - Really going to happen?