lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious, fluke or fair fight?
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #11
DarthSeverus
Rookie

Except that Sidious made it at least look like he was begging for his life ('please don't kill me!' or something like that) so that counts as surrending to me (as far as it looked to Anakin and Mace), so I'm afraid Mace was about to commit murder (of an evil Sith Lord mabye but murder none the less).

What was more interesting to me about Sidious mapiulations was how he made the situation parallel the situation with Anakin's earlier killing of Dooku where just after Anakin decapitates Dooku he says 'I shouldn't have done that, it's not the Jedi way,' where Palpy/Sidious assures him it was the right thing to do because Dooku was to dangerous to be left alive, and then when Mace is about to kill Sidious Anakin again says something like, 'you can't kill him, it isn't the Jedi way,' and Mace responds something along the lines of, 'he's to dangerous to be left alive,' and in doing that destroyed Anakin's last thread of faith in the truth of the Jedi code as being right and any better than the Sith that had been holding Anakin back from coming to Sidious's aid in the Mace/Sidious battle. After that he believed Sidious's lies and manipulations about the Jedi completely as he says to Obi later, 'to me the Jedi are evil!'. So I wonder if Sidious forsaw some of these events and diliberately said what he said to Anakin aboard the Invisible Hand just after Anakin's duel with Dooku because he forsaw what Mace would do and say, and saw how it would play in turning Anakin.

Last edited by DarthSeverus; 10-27-2007 at 07:37 AM.
DarthSeverus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious, fluke or fair fight?