lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: quick question
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-30-2007, 12:01 AM   #1
cap_keyes117
Rookie

quick question

I have a small question, probably considered quite stupid by most. Is it possible to combine .jrl files? It's annoying that so many KOTOR 1 mods use global.jrl and I was wondering if that could be circumvented,

HK-47: I'm 98% percent certain this miniature organic meatbag wants you to help find his fellow miniature organic meatbags.
You: And the other 2 percent?
HK-47: The other 2 percent is that he is just looking for trouble and needs to be blasted, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

HK-47: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

ALL BOW TO THE MEATBAG KILLING POWER OF HK-47!
cap_keyes117 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2007, 03:30 AM   #2
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap_keyes117
I have a small question, probably considered quite stupid by most. Is it possible to combine .jrl files? It's annoying that so many KOTOR 1 mods use global.jrl and I was wondering if that could be circumvented,
Stoffe's Global JRL Merger does exactly this. You will also need KotOR Tool to make it all happen.

You can find both in the Tools section!

It's helpful for integrating RedHawke's mods, and Darkkender's mod, with the other more recent patcher friendly mods.

Recommendation - On a fresh install of KotOR, install RedHawke's mods first, and don't worry about replacing his global.jrl's - they're all the same, as he made his K1 jrl compatible with all of his mods. Then install any other non-patcher friendly mod next that contains a global jrl, excluding that global jrl file. Set it aside in a new folder perhaps, called "xxx JRL" where xxx stands for the name of that particular mod. Repeat this process as many times as necessary. Then follow the steps for the global jrl merger tool, which will tell you where to find an unaltered global.jrl to extract. Merge as many times as you have "xxx JRL" folders, and then proceed to install the patcher friendly mods.... and you will be optimized, ready to rock.
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
cap_keyes117
Rookie

Thanks, the only problem is that I can't extract the global .jrl from _newbif.bif
PLZ HELP!

HK-47: I'm 98% percent certain this miniature organic meatbag wants you to help find his fellow miniature organic meatbags.
HK-47: The other 2 percent is that he is just looking for trouble and needs to be blasted, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

HK-47: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:10 PM   #4
Darth Essence
Rookie

Are You using KotOR Tool ? .. If not, I suggest you do .. it's very simple .. Open KT -> BIFs -> _newbif.bif -> Journal Files -> global.jrl ... select it and press the Extract button
Otherwise I'm am sorry for my incompetence to help you in this matter ..

Re-Installing your computer without back-up is not a good idea ...
Darth Essence is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
cap_keyes117
Rookie

not at all, thanks for the quick response!!!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > quick question