lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Creating a new stunbaton: FX problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-02-2007, 07:39 AM   #1
Gavroche
Rookie

Creating a new stunbaton: FX problem

Yep modders, I've a question which I think will be quickly answered as it's something quite simple.

I'm trying to make a new stun baton (w_melee_60.uti), with it's own skin (w_Stunbaton_060.tga). Of course, I have to create a .mdl, to edit it with Hex Editor to change any "w_Stunbaton_001" into "w_Stunbaton_060", so I did this.
Still here? Cool.
While doing this, I noticed in the Hex code something called "fx_tex_11". I checked with KotOR Tool: this is the texture of the blue lightnings glowing on stun batons. I n00bily thought "Hey, let's do something cool and turn in into red". So I extract fx_tex_11.tga and the .txi which comes along, I Gimp it a bit, call it fx_tex_60.tga, go back to the Hex code of the .mdl and change all the tex_11 by tex_60.
SO
When I test it in-game, the stun baton as its own skin, the lightnings are red but... They aren't moving. They are static. All the other stun batons have blue and moving lightnings, mine has static red ones.

Where is the problem? Is it in the .mdl I edited? In the .txi I extracted?

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #2
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavroche
the lightnings are red but... They aren't moving. They are static. All the other stun batons have blue and moving lightnings, mine has static red ones.

Where is the problem? Is it in the .mdl I edited? In the .txi I extracted?
What does the txi file for your modified texture look like? It should be:
Code:
proceduretype cycle
numx 4
numy 4
fps 32
blending additive
If it's not then that would likely be the problem

mt
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
Gavroche
Rookie

... Okaaay indeed that's not exactly that
What my .txi contains is
Code:
Not really the same thing '^^

I can't understand why I don't have the right thing. When I double-click on the .tpc file in the KotOR Tool, I do have this.
I guess I have to use other tools when it comes to extracting .txi files... Can't find one on SWK though.

Thanks a lot stoffe!

<edit />Indeed, works a lot better this way.

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Creating a new stunbaton: FX problem