lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Do's and Don'ts for KotOR III
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2007, 11:56 PM   #18
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
No offense but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego Varen
Do's and Don'ts for KotOR III

The title says it all. What do you want and what do you not want to see in KotOR III, if there ever will be one. I got this idea of another forum.

I'm hoping that LucasArts and/or BioWare, Obsidian or whatever company will make KotOR III watch over this thread, since this could give them some ideas.

---------------

Do's

- Keep Obsidian as the developers.

- Keep it on PC.

- Have a subtitle for KotOR III (eg, The Unknown Regions).

- Spend as much time as you can on making it. Despite the cut content of KotOR II: The Sith Lords, I still prefer it to its predecessor.

- Include Revan and the Jedi Exile (but not as playable characters and allow the player to choose their gender and alignment).

- Include HK-47, T3-M4 and the Ebon Hawk, for they are the C-3P0, R2-D2 and the Millennium Falcon of the KotOR era.

- Have a new playable character, whose gender and alignment can be chosen.

- Have grey sided alignment, for replayability and new options throughout the story.

- Have at least four planets where the main story takes place and a final planet for the conclusion.

- Allow the tutorial to be skipped, like KotOR II: The Sith Lords.

- An interesting storyline, like KotOR II: The Sith Lords.

- An interesting villian, like Kreia (I mean Darth Traya).

- Use the Unknown Regions as a main part of the game.

- Be careful. No continuity slips or otherwise us fans won't be happy.

---------------

Don'ts

- Bring back BioWare or replace Obsidian with another company, for I and others are perfectly happy with the work they did on KotOR: The Sith Lords.

- Change the graphics or control system, unless if you really need to.

- Re-use party members from the past two games. For party members, just the Droids and Canderous Ordo (Mandalore), but cameos from the other party members, if they are needed.

- Re-use planets from the past games. Dantooine and Korriban have been used twice and I've think they've run out of potential now and use planets like Coruscant or Alderaan.

- Use Taris. As much as I like the planet, I see no reason to go back there.

- Use Peragus. As much as I don't mind it, I don't want to see a level like Peragus again, where you were half naked and weaponless.

- Use cut content, but unless if it did have a main part to play in the series, then by all means bring it back.

- And lastly, don't do drugs, otherwise we'll recieve a psychedelic game (but imagine the results).

---------------

That's all I can think of for now, but maybe someone else can think up more ideas.
No offense intended dude, but you seem caught up in Obsidian and TSL. I think you should take Bioware and it's game a little more into consideration here. Bioware is known highly for great stories and gameplay. Just look at Jade Empire. That was a great game.
Obsidian did do well on TSL as far as continuing the story, and improving the gameplay variety. But they lacked in a few areas like progression and endings. It's ending reminds me of The Sopranos!
I'm just saying you should look at both angles very carefully before making a judgement. And that's why I say bring back Bioware.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Do's and Don'ts for KotOR III