lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: mmorpg.com BIOWARE MMO poll , take a look..
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #81
zaykodroid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLM20
I never said don't do an MMO. Read my posts *again*. If they're seperate products, one normal RPG and then one spin off MMO, I'm not complaining. I just want the series to be finished nicely, and that wouldn't happen with an MMO.
man, the petition in your signature : " No KOTOR MMO "
zaykodroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #82
TLM20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaykodroid
man, the petition in your signature : " No KOTOR MMO "
Yes, no KOTOR MMO...... to finish the series.

Like MZ said, have both but don't let the series finish as an MMO. The single player RPG would be better suited to finishing the series, then you could have a spin off MMO to get more money or whatever.

TLM20 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #83
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

It cost money to develop both a SP game or an MMO. Better to devote resources to either one or the other. You can't have both.

LA is a business, it is not made for the sole purpose of catering to us fans. You have to all realize that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2007, 02:55 AM   #84
Darth Visillius
Rookie

The Flaw of KoTOR III

I haven't ever been a fan of RPGs for the most part. Nor have I ever really been a fan of star wars. (For reasons which revolve solely around the new republic) However, a friend of mine asked me to play this game. A star wars RPG? Wasn't really digging it.

However, I can honestly say that I have played this game(s) more then any other games I own. I love them.
I played them (for the most part) exclusively on XBOX and could only really do a KoTOR (TSL) run once every so often because, even with as amazing a series as it is, I have a tendency to get bored.
Then I learned about Modding.

Anyways, my point is that, for the most part, KoTOR is a series that I enjoy more than any other series, and it will really depress me if it becomes an MMO.
The problem with that would be 2 fold
1) KoTOR is an immensely popular series revolving around 2 essential character (Revan and the Jedi Exile) so you figure that, unless KoTOR III was about either the Mandalorian Wars (Being able to be a Jedi that followed Revan and Malak) or the Jedi Civil War, what would they do, have a bunch of Jedi Exiles and Revans running around? Or would everyone just be a character to support them.
And, even given the off-chance that they leave the Revan-Exile storyline as it is and pick up a completely new time frame (Say 2230 BBY) they'd have to focus on an army rather than a single Jedi/Sith, and I personally don't think that would be as entertaining.

2) I don't like MMO's. And, I know I said I didn't (notice past tense) like star wars or RPG's, MMO's are something I doubt I'll ever come around on. I like to solo, that's my thing. Even in KoTOR I dont use my party unless I absolutely have to. Plus, there is way to much drama that goes on in MMO's. Guilds, dissention, prattling, whining, complaining. When I play the game I play to kill and make progress, not to mediate two 13 year old kids debate on which is better, Pokemon or Digimon.

Thanks to all who read this, any thoughts or suggestions concerning anything herein would be appreciated.

In the absence of orders, find something: and kill it.
--General Ramal
Darth Visillius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > mmorpg.com BIOWARE MMO poll , take a look..