lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New JK2 X-wing screenshot
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-10-2001, 05:48 AM   #41
Sarcastic Saint

Thank god it's just the LOD.
Well i suppose i can relax now.

"The stupidity is strong in that one"

Sarcastic Saint is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 05:55 AM   #42
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
yes, it appears your signiature holds true

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 07:13 AM   #43
Genetic Misfire

Thumbs up

I saw the Quakecon JK2 demo today and the saber hilt was FAR more detailed than what it appears to be in the new screenshot.

This game WILL rock!

James

~*Computer games don't affect kids... I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching pills and listening to repetitive music.*~
Genetic Misfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 10:23 AM   #44
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
james, when he pulled out the saber, did it automatically ignite, or did he have to press another button to ignite it?

i hope its the second option.

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 10:37 AM   #45
Sarcastic Saint

Mmm...i could imagine a ; press 1 for lightsaber, press 1 again to ignite kind of system.
Well anyways i hope you can "click" it on and off that would be sooooooo cool.

"The stupidity is strong in that one"

Sarcastic Saint is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 11:10 AM   #46
wardz

Damn! Turn my back for 2 days and all this cool stuff happens, screenshots, people at reviews, RAVEN JOIN IN DISCUSSION!!!!

and the wardzmeister misses it all!

My brother is getting maried 2morrow and i have been busy in preparation hence me not posting. Will be back sunday night to join in again, i know you all miss me.

wardz

(well done rave on 1000 posts....)

Welcome to JKII.Net.

Please keep sig size to a minimum : )
wardz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 02:58 PM   #47
Kettch

I hope you can switch on/off your lightsaber with an additional key like in AOTL (for MotS) and Saber Battle X (for JK and SBX 1.1 for MotS)
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 03:32 PM   #48
Syndrix

Posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Quote:
We haven't done one yet.
Actually I did realise this, I was mearly pointing out I liked a digital readout as opposed to the JK one for reasons above. But your post got a very big laugh out of me.

Genius is limited, unfortunately stupidity is not thus so.
Syndrix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 04:06 PM   #49
nykel007

It's nice to hear the saber won't change. Hope you be able to jump and walk on the x-wing to avoid opponents and stuff like that.

TriniJedi
nykel007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 04:26 PM   #50
ed_silvergun

Arrow

I'm with Vag, Krayt and Wilhuf. I preferred the more "organic" feel that the force reserve had in Jedi Knight. Better than cold numbers. If you've ever played Aliens vs Predator, you'll remember that the alien's health was measured by a horizontal blue bar, to reflect its organic nature, whereas the marine's and predator's was measured in numbers. The Force is not exactly a scientifically quantifiable entity. It can't be measured exactly (I mean, do you really want the HUD to give you a message saying "Sorry, insufficient midi-chlorians for this operation. Please select another Force power?). In my opinion, the HUD should reflect this.

Galactic Plumberman - For All Your Liquid Needs
ed_silvergun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 04:49 PM   #51
Syndrix

Posted by ed_silvergun
Quote:
The Force is not exactly a scientifically quantifiable entity.
There is an irony in there that I have to appreciate. Because apparently according to GL in TPM it is. While I know midi-chlorines measure a jedi potential when he is young and they dont whip out a test in the middle of battle, it is still amusing.

But the HUD isnt in-game ( What I mean is it isnt part of the JK2 universe), so it has no bearing IMO on the feel of the environment. The "cold numbers" as you say, express your reserves in great detail so you can calculate uses of particular force powers and how long you will have to wait until you can use a high cost power.

I realise that this is just my opinion and respect others opinions, but in the end it comes down to Gameplay vs Feeling, and I dont believe numbers ruin the feeling. Also I would be quite content with a bar or other (perhaps an outline of a lightsaber that refills, perhaps thats too tacky?, just something more acurate than that blob in JK.

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Syndrix ]

Genius is limited, unfortunately stupidity is not thus so.
Syndrix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 08:00 PM   #52
bsbuckeye21

You bring about a good point Syndrix. But one problem: in a lot of our opinions, that would just cheapen the gameplay and make it too arcade-ish. Maybe it goes against the movie, but I know I still don't want it. Also, JK2 is based in the original trilogy where we didn't see a force tester, so I guess that could work as an excuse too.

In the end it's gameplay and funfactor, so we'll see.
bsbuckeye21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 09:50 PM   #53
Vagabond

ed,

Quote:
...I mean, do you really want the HUD to give you a message saying "Sorry, insufficient midi-chlorians for this operation. Please select another Force power"? ...
LOL! Good one!
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 11:41 PM   #54
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
ya, the orange blob annoied me somethimes, but i would rather have that orig. hud than something along the lines of this temp one.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2001, 02:30 AM   #55
access_flux

holy moly, this game is gonna be soo freakin awesome
Quote:
ed_silvergun: Minor niggles aside, however, another very impressive screenshot. Ooh, I can feel my mouth beginning to water
whatya meen ed? beginning to? my mouth is already watering!

the X wing and the R2 look bloody awesome, some on and hurry up and finish making the game!!

'If the animals could play hardcore, we'd be better friends instead of eating them with chips'
access_flux is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2001, 02:52 AM   #56
Vader's Apprentice

Depending on what Force Powers you get (I'm talking about Force Push)- and if there is a cheat that spurs your force powers to a real true iamayoda (cheat from JK) level you could easily cause havoc in that hangar if there are other ships there. I reckon though that the X-Wing looks great and that the idea for turned off saber while in motion is a great improvement.

Do you Trekkie (Star Trek fan) or Trooper (Star Wars Fan)?
Go Troopers!!!
Vader's Apprentice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > New JK2 X-wing screenshot