lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Problems running Kotor or TSL in Vista....
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #11
Padme Valentine
Lurker

Red face

Hi I am new and yes i have vista.

I've installed the Kotor II and i have the some problem as most, I start it and a message says that it stopped working and windows is trying too look for a solution (not much can they do uh?) but sometimes or should i say *rarely* it starts normally i can create my character and all, but when its time to play, it crashes.

also in the hardware scan, says i need to update the video driver, which is stupid since the pc is new and everything is up to date, i also made a scan with driver detective to make sure and see if some things are not updated, well its not the issue, since it says clearly that it IS updated.

I have a:

HP pavilion dv6604nr Entertainment notebook PC
NVIDIA Geforce Go 7150m graphics

EDIT: I think i have somehow fixed it, by reading some guy's post in gamespot, he said that he disable sound and he had managed to make the game work, so he downloaded the K1 sound version and it played.

http://files.filefront.com/Mss32dll/.../fileinfo.html

But after his game crashed because of the movies, so he disable it them, since then he has managed to play, and me too!! i hope there will be a fix for the movies though...

viva star wars!

Last edited by Padme Valentine; 12-24-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Padme Valentine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > Problems running Kotor or TSL in Vista....