lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Iowa Caucuses and Primary News
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-08-2008, 12:05 AM   #41
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdKnightR
You are correct, the Civil War was about much more than slavery. But I do agree with Dr. Paul that the war should have never happened. Succession was over states rights as defined in the Constitution. The federal government doesn't like the idea of decentralized control.
Secession, not succession. The South seceded. They did not succeed.

A vote is a vote. It's important. If you don't vote for the person you believe in, it's wasted.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #42
MdKnightR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Secession, not succession. The South seceded. They did not succeed.

A vote is a vote. It's important. If you don't vote for the person you believe in, it's wasted.
Oh my, a spelling error! I humbly apologize.

MdKnightR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #43
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdKnightR
Oh my, a spelling error! I humbly apologize.
Don't apologize...deny, deny, deny. It was a keyboard error. Spell check messed it up. You would never see a politician admit to making such an error without having a scapegoat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Disclaimer: This opinion may not apply within the state of Florida.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #44
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
It's still early in the New Hampshire primary count, but the news channels are projecting McCain as the winner at 37%, with Romney in 2nd at 28% and Huckabee at 12%. It's still too close to call for the Democrats.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #45
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Finally, some good news, I am not going to vote for McCain, but I could live through of another 4 years of a Republican controlled White House with him at the helm. I believe the Democrats are going to implode in their canít loose scenario. I donít care, I will vote for whichever win the party nomination anyway. Bush cured me of voting Republican.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #46
Jae Onasi

I don't care if they're Republican, Democrat, or independent. If I think they're the best one for the job, they get my vote. I'll admit I held my nose as I hit the voting lever in '04, however--I didn't like any of them.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:04 AM   #47
MdKnightR

I'll be voting for Ron Paul even if I have to write his name in come November. That is unless the Libertarian Party fronts a good candidate.

MdKnightR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2008, 03:19 AM   #48
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
I was really hoping that Hillary would come in third again so that we could be done with her, but it looks as though her campaign will be reinvigorated after all.

On the bright side, her win in NH was by a significantly smaller margin that Obama's win in Iowa. Hopefully that is a prelude to a lot more defeats for her in the not-too-distant future.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2008, 08:14 AM   #49
Jae Onasi

I think she'll have a tough time in SC--Obama and Edwards both have a lot of support there. A McCain win in NH after a virtually dead campaign last summer is quite a surprise--I prefer him as a candidate over Huckabee and Romney.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:36 AM   #50
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

He was counting on the fact that he did very well there the last time he ran. Apparently it worked.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #51
Jae Onasi

Dr. Paul Green has a politics segment on Wednesday mornings on WGN radio, and he rattled off this site called realclearpolitics.com this morning. I thought you all might find it interesting--it has a page on polls that is pretty extensive, and the site in general has a ton of links to different stories about the candidates. There is a link to Paul Green's podcasts on WGN radio's site. He speaks a lot about Chicago and IL politics, but he talks a lot about national politics, too, and his witty comments make him fun to listen to.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #52
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

I've been a fan of RCP, Jae. Btw, you should know that they predicted Huckabee and Obama would win Iowa, that Clinton would lose Iowa, and that McCain and Obama would win NH. So your comments about you being suprised was, well, ironic, considering that political insiders already suspected what was going to happen.

EDIT: Er. Just saw Clinton just won NH, not Obama, so RCP's prediction was proven false. Sorry then. Well, still, political insiders still win 3/4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #53
Jae Onasi

I wasn't surprised that Clinton would lose--I was surprised that she came in third and was behind Obama by that much in IA. I thought Romney would do better in IA as well--he poured a ton of resources/time into the campaign there.

The pollsters were way off in NH. Should be interesting to see what happens in SC. I'm wondering how the NH win will affect the McCain campaign.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #54
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Obama just picked up an endorsement from John Kerry. That has to smart for Edwards. I wonder when we'll hear from Al Gore.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #55
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
Should be interesting to see what happens in SC.
Because I'm bored...

SilentScope003's Prediction TIME:

*Democrats=John Edwards. John's a southerner. SC is in the South. South also hates Clinton. John Edwards therefore wins.

*Republicans=Huckabee. Huckabee is a Southerner. SC is in the South. South also is Chrisitan. Huckabee therefore wins.

The Political Insiders' View (usually more correct than SilentScope003):
*Democrats=Obama
*Republicans=Huckabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2008, 06:47 AM   #56
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
I find it pretty disturbing that a presidential candidates religion has so much relevance.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2008, 07:21 AM   #57
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

^^^^
Welcome to modern U.S. politics.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #58
Aeroldoth
Rookie

You mean, welcome to modern U.S. politics.
Aeroldoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #59
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

No, not really. It wasn't always this way/this bad.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #60
Web Rider

Personally I still think the most interesting aspect of the race is the fact that no singular candidate appeals to a sort of general selection of the country, which is why we're ending up with these primaries switching around who's on first.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #61
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

AZ governor Janet Napolitano endorsed Barack Obama today. Political commentators indicated that this might help provide a bump in Nevada's caucus.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > Iowa Caucuses and Primary News