lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Mac or PC?
Mac 4 14.81%
Windows 18 66.67%
Yoda 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: I'm a Mac.... and I'm a PC
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-22-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
RobQel-Droma
Blah
 
RobQel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Up yours. X0
Posts: 2,216
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I'm a Mac.... and I'm a PC

So: are you a Mac, or are you a PC? Macs are better.

Pretty simple. Also, letting me and others know why you prefer a Mac or PC would be great too.

Oh, and Macs are better.

Last edited by RobQel-Droma; 12-23-2007 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Request was answered
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past
 
Astrotoy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 10,284
Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Firstly, standard warnings apply about flaming/baiting - such a discussion can be an interesting one, as long as people describe what apps/proggies they use and >>which is what I think it often comes down to.

Most mac users I knows also run bootcamp. The Mac crazy people who refuse to touch anything with MS on it are becoming fewer and fewer each day, which is sensible and appropriate IMO.

People should feel comfortable using whatever they like to achieve whatever they want, without having to be harangued by a closed-minded person who has absolutely nothing to gain by trading insults about a rival OS. At least when Jobs and Ballmer do it, theyre getting paid zillions. When internet fanboys do it, what's the point, and does anyone really care ?

>>thusly,

It should be Mac vs Win.... as they are both "PCs" of course

polls cant be added, even with our awesome mods powers. I'll say lets just leave it be, as we dont have a massive amount of traffic. I daresay I can predict the answer(s):

Rob, chainz et al: Mac is better

Astro et al:
I need to game, so windows for me
**I would like to add that the idea of multi booting a mac OS is something that many pc users are doing, or very interested in. I wont go into it too much due to the foggy legalities of it, but some of the benchies published by hackintosh users/reviewers are **very** interesting. Many view macs as ugly, and customisability is somewhat reduced eg. Id much rather a mac OS on my pretty shuttle smallform than any of those yukky white/silvery things[/purely personal aesthetic opinion]

I do think easy and legal mac booting is an eventuality, if Apple users can have bootcamp, why not vice versa.

Ray and the commune of revolutionaries/hippies/network admins:
"why isnt there a linux option?? Linux steals+mimics+improves on Mac and Win alot, and is free of course" !!

sudo apt get - ape another OS so people use this more
like when a nerdy kid wears ripped jeans, gets a tattoo and starts smokin so he can hang around with popular kids

stinger and sabrez:
deeply contemplating which way to go, like when you think Brad looks just as hot as angelina [/kidding!]

The odd weirdo: why isnt there the LFN traditional yoda option ??

Summation:
theyre all fun, and annoying at times, can we leave it at that ??? :P

mtfbwya


Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 12-22-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #3
RobQel-Droma
Blah
 
RobQel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Up yours. X0
Posts: 2,216
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
Astro et al:
I need to game, so windows for me
Yea - that's the only reason why I still keep my PC running. I have to say, PC beats the Mac as far as gaming.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2007, 11:27 PM   #4
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
The only thing OS X has going for it is that it's easy to use (don't give me some security bull**** either, the reason it's secure falls under the "easy to use" umbrella).

The look factor is a non-issue since almost any OS can be made to look like another OS with a little modification.

That being said, I'd rather have an OS that doesn't have a bunch of bull**** restrictions on my usage of it like OS X does. MS may take a lot of flack for DRM and whatnot, but they at least have the decency to allow Windows to run on the user's choice of hardware (without 3rd party modification) and allow some ability to modify the OS.



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2007, 11:45 PM   #5
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
stinger and sabrez:
deeply contemplating which way to go, like when you think Brad looks just as hot as angelina [/kidding!]
Not really, since I've never really cared for a Mac and haven't come five feet near one.

I fall in with the Astro camp in that it doesn't let me game and is hence of no use to me. Don't know how software management goes on in there either, so there's that factor as well. Wouldn't be too sad if someone gifted me a Mac, though - for the learning experience and because the UT games run perfectly on Macs.

I think Mac is best for the no-nonsense sort of people who don't have much to do with technology and only want a nice-looking, nice-working system to do a bit of stuff on. Windows on the other hand is flexible, and I won't go into details there.

But overall, I think Astro summed up the response this motley community will spit out.


Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2007, 12:18 AM   #6
Jeff
Rating: Awesome
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 8,431
Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I have to pick Windows over Mac because of gaming. I think Macs are a good option for typical computer users who don't know a lot about them and use them for email, browsing the web, stuff like that. Because they definitely are easy to use and don't have a lot of bugs or whatever (Not saying techies shouldn't use them ). And I definitely love the Macbook Pros. But for gaming and customization of hardware I'll take a PC.


Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2007, 12:53 AM   #7
RobQel-Droma
Blah
 
RobQel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Up yours. X0
Posts: 2,216
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
(don't give me some security bull**** either, the reason it's secure falls under the "easy to use" umbrella).
Well, as far as viruses and the like, the only reason that there are so few is that PCs were so much more common. However, that is actually starting to change.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #8
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past
 
Astrotoy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 10,284
Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
I think Macs are a good option for typical computer users who don't know a lot about them and use them for email, browsing the web, stuff like that...
That's interesting, the mac users Ive encountered, are into very specific apps.....usually for work purposes, stuff like Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro plus some graphical stuff as well.

I must admit, I love Final Cut Pro - there are similar proggies in windows, but FCPs non linear system and HD support make it a must for video editors.

mtfbwya


Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #9
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!
 
Negative Sun's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tropical Scotland
Posts: 2,683
Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
What about Linux?

I agree with most others, WinXP it is purely for gaming purposes and the fact that Mac systems are rediculously constrained to certain hardware *cough*poopy Intel*cough* that's also extremely overpriced...



"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #10
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves
 
stingerhs's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: between my ears
Posts: 4,641
Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
well, i'd have to say that i'm much more of a PC guy (duh). OS X is nice, but where's teh games?? they have good hardware, but i'm not always into the designs much less the price. for the people that say there isn't a premium on Mac hardware just isn't with the times. security wise, OS X has more holes in it than Vista and XP combined; so there's no benefit there aside from hackers targeting Windows 90% of the time and Linux/Mac the other 10%.

so, what's the advantages?? well, Macs have traditionally been better over the past decade or so with the audio/video crowd, and they have a pretty and easy to use OS. otherwise, there's really no other reason to get a Mac. that is unless you actually like the way those things are designed.


See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2007, 10:48 AM   #11
Samnmax221
I never Kipled
 
Samnmax221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: My hovercraft is full of eels
Posts: 5,784
Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I've been using OS X for about a month now on a "15 MBP and really like it. Right now its not doing a whole lot of serious work, but it will start coming in handy when I start college next fall.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #12
Pho3nix
#rekt
 
Pho3nix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Nordic Europe
Posts: 3,374
Forum Veteran 
I do like the Mac OS.

But I'm still PC. Always have been, and always will be.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2007, 01:59 PM   #13
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,256
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
Ray and the commune of revolutionaries/hippies/network admins:
"why isnt there a linux option??
I think you get me wrong Astro.

I am *not* a revolutionary/hippie/netadmin/Linux nerd. All I am saying is just because some people consider something to be bad about Linux, doesn't make it so. And just because people cry "hey, but it's not like I know from Windows!" doesn't mean it has to be like in Windows. Also, there doesn't have to be a Linux option, because Mac or PC is a question about hardware architecture in the first place, it was at least, until Macintosh used intel processors. However, no other OS runs on so many different architectures and systems like *nix.

Quote:
Linux steals+mimics+improves on Mac and Win alot
And that would be?

Quote:
and is free of course
Not free. Open source. That's quite a difference. There are many Linux solutions out there that actually cost money.


As for the thread's topic, all that once was Macintosh, and that made Macintosh unique is gone by for a long time now, and is available for PC in the same quality since ages.


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #14
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
Also, there doesn't have to be a Linux option, because Mac or PC is a question about hardware architecture in the first place
That's not what the TV said



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2007, 05:06 PM   #15
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,256
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Indeed.


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2007, 01:08 AM   #16
Jeff
Rating: Awesome
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 8,431
Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
That's interesting, the mac users Ive encountered, are into very specific apps.....usually for work purposes, stuff like Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro plus some graphical stuff as well.

I must admit, I love Final Cut Pro - there are similar proggies in windows, but FCPs non linear system and HD support make it a must for video editors.
I guess I say that because a lot of college students I see have Mac laptops. I heard that at (I think) Princeton > 50% of the laptops bought from the campus store or whatever were Macs. So they are definitely a popular option for college students. Most I see are the regular Macbooks which I could never settle for because of the integrated graphics.


Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2007, 01:29 AM   #17
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
 
Jae Onasi's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,916
Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
The odd weirdo: why isnt there the LFN traditional yoda option ??
Fixed.

If the Macbook had had a decent video card, I probably would have gone for it this last time when I got a new lappy and happily used both OS X and bootcamped Windows. I couldn't spring $2100 or whatever it was for the one that did have a decent vid card, however.


From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2007, 07:48 AM   #18
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past
 
Astrotoy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 10,284
Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
Not free. Open source. That's quite a difference. There are many Linux solutions out there that actually cost money.....
How can you say "not free" > some of them are

ubuntu, KDE, mint, sabayon, etc be FREE as well as being OSource, because you actually dont have to fork out for a license.

One of Linux main drawcards at a non enterprise user level is the lack of cost.(ie. being free) I dont know how many kids at college are going to fork out for RedHat and Novell support Ive only ever seen that deployed at an enterprise level, not a "hey mom can I go on the internet" level

@Jae >> interesting point - what type of gfx cards do macs run anyway ! never looked into it that much Would be interesting to know as I wonder what a macs hardware does with DX9/10 when youre running XP/Vista.

mtfbwya


Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2007, 01:36 PM   #19
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
 
Jae Onasi's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,916
Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Macbooks have an integrated card. I could have gone with an iMac, but I really wanted something that I could take on a plane with me without too much trouble, or up/down the stairs to bedroom/kitchen without making my knee unhappy, etc.

Macbook pros use NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with either 128 or 256MB SDRAM

iMacs use ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory (low-end one uses 128)

Mac pros use NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT graphics with 256MB memory


From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2007, 12:36 AM   #20
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves
 
stingerhs's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: between my ears
Posts: 4,641
Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
^^^^
yeesh, now that sucks. then again, what's the point of high powered graphics cards with nothing to use them on??


See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2007, 07:38 AM   #21
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
The Mac Pro is upgradeable to two Quadro FX 4500s. That plus two 3 GHz quad Xeons and 16 GB of RAM sound kinda fun. I bet it could run Vista and get the same performance as my PC :O



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2007, 08:18 AM   #22
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past
 
Astrotoy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 10,284
Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
The Mac Pro is upgradeable to two Quadro FX 4500s. That plus two 3 GHz quad Xeons and 16 GB of RAM sound kinda fun. I bet it could run Vista and get the same performance as my PC :O
why bother. anyone looking to get two quadro FX has some serious apps in mind, not playin 1337 counter strike over beer n pizza at a mates lantourney... Thats over $1000 in GPU(s) alone there.... not even counting the xeons etc.

mtfbwya


Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2007, 11:33 AM   #23
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
why bother. anyone looking to get two quadro FX has some serious apps in mind, not playin 1337 counter strike over beer n pizza at a mates lantourney... Thats over $1000 in GPU(s) alone there.... not even counting the xeons etc.

mtfbwya
Clearly you underestimate the ability of people to spend money on things they don't need.

Also I'm surprised to hear you bitch about price



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2007, 12:28 PM   #24
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,256
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Interesting, indeed. ;~~~~


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2007, 11:24 PM   #25
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
Also I'm surprised to hear you bitch about price
The only time I've seen Astro's price-bitchiness abilities is when he comes across something that can be measured in inches.



Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2007, 02:13 AM   #26
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past
 
Astrotoy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 10,284
Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
Also I'm surprised to hear you bitch about price
once again, you underestimate that astro actually pays for most things

as sabre stated, its when it comes to large displays that my propensity to acquire things cheaply falters

mtfbwya


Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2007, 12:25 PM   #27
El Sitherino
The Original.
 
El Sitherino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Funkālnite.
Posts: 14,509
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Both.

I like computers, don't really care what kind, I can always find something to do.


“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2007, 01:50 PM   #28
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,256
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Yours is truly the path of knowledge and wisdom, Sithman. ^^

And that of boredom as well, eh.


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #29
El Sitherino
The Original.
 
El Sitherino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Funkālnite.
Posts: 14,509
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
Yours is truly the path of knowledge and wisdom, Sithman. ^^

And that of boredom as well, eh.
Boredom my ass. I can crash windows, macOS, and any linux distro faster than you can boot up your computer.

And fix it.


“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #30
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,256
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Yes, Si Fu Sith. I do not doubt your strengths. ^^


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #31
MJ-W4
Junior Member
 
MJ-W4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scrapyard No. 3
Posts: 287
I think I actually will buy a mac in 2008, simply for ease of use. It is definitely more expensive BUT lets me install and run just about anything I can think of.

The mac's hardware limitations have a positive aspect, too: with only a small number of possible configurations, there are far less setup issues and having any OS right at hand promises to be fun.


"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
MJ-W4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2007, 02:24 PM   #32
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past
 
Astrotoy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 10,284
Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ-W4
.... there are far less setup issues and having any OS right at hand promises to be fun.
MJ >> are you one of those strange people that think computers are used for anything other than gaming

Seriously, if there were no PC gaming to be heard of, many of us would be content with ubuntu or similar to do our work/browsing on

Of course there are are programming/engineering design types that would need <insert OS and app cohort>, but thats still work, not actual "fun" like destroying dragons/aliens/nazis/zombies and scoring goals/hoops/touchdowns

gaming ftw

mtfbwya


Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #33
MJ-W4
Junior Member
 
MJ-W4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scrapyard No. 3
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
MJ >> are you one of those strange people that think computers are used for anything other than gaming

mtfbwya
Just how did you find out?

As it happens, I've had far too little time to play as much as I want recently, so much so that the kids complain about missing a formidable opponent.

For work, I have to use linux as per the boss creature's orders but I'm free to choose SuSE or any other 'big' distro that lets me run the progs needed. Personally, I find working - as opposed to gaming - under linux very easy and productive. (As I said, I'm used to unix, so the whole concept's not really new to me.)

The one important feature I sorely miss in my windows-distro is the Kteatimer applet.


"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
MJ-W4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #34
Hawkstrong16
Junior Member
 
Hawkstrong16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: PA. USA
Posts: 313
The only thing Microsoft has ever been good for has been gaming.
If you want to do anything else the pic and vid editing then use a mac. Or for business and the like. If your trying to do anything besides gaming buy a Mac.

Because Windows sucks @$$
I just got Linux and I like it.


Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature


May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #35
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky
 
urluckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful USA
Posts: 2,760
Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Windows ftw...



If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > General Tech Discussion > I'm a Mac.... and I'm a PC

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.