lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dreamfall
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
elTee
beatnik

The International House of Mojo Staff LFN Staff Member 
Dreamfall

So who else is looking forward to Dreamfall? Personally it's the only game I'm looking forward to (aside from Nintendo of course) after the original Longest Journey blew my mind. I'm still waiting for Psychonauts to arrive, but the demo didn't exactly leave me wet.

I just love the two futuristic and fantastical worlds in the TLJ mythology. The new game seems to have expanded considerably on the original, whilst hopefully dropping the reams of unnecessary dialogue and dictated-backstory. It should have learned from the mistakes of Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon which was a great game but went OTT with the box puzzles. Speaking of, Broken Sword: The Angel Of Death could well be a pretty damn good game too.

LucasTones - LT - elTee
The International House of Mojo - writing long-winded gibberish increasingly infrequently
elTee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2006, 06:36 PM   #2
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I'm looking forward to both of those as well. Seeing the art and basic premesis of Dreamfall was what finally made me play through the whole first game.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
The trailer released a while ago didn't exactly fill me with confidence, but then I already had quite a lot of confidence for the game anyway, and I'm definately looking forward to it.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2006, 11:40 AM   #4
elTee
beatnik

Dreamfall has gone gold. Release date is 17th April US, 9th May UK.

Excuse me while I go and save up 30.

LucasTones - LT - elTee
The International House of Mojo - writing long-winded gibberish increasingly infrequently
Old 04-21-2006, 05:10 PM   #5
Samuel Dravis

I just bought it and have played it for an hour. So far it's getting real interesting.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2006, 11:02 AM   #6
elTee
beatnik

I wanted to import it but you can't pay with European Maestro cards on American sites, and I don't have a credit card, so I'll have to wait until the 12th

Anyway it gives me chance to replay The Longest Journey, which should take about a month. Unless I skip the dialogue, of course...

LucasTones - LT - elTee
Old 04-22-2006, 11:09 AM   #7
Gabez

I bought Longest Journey once but it came from Amazon missing a CD and so I e-mailed them but their reply confused me and that's the end of the story.

I want to play it, though, so I'll ask for it for my birthday.

On a slightly different note: is the book of the same name by E.M. Forster any good? Does it have any relation to the game?
Gabez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2006, 05:30 PM   #8
Samuel Dravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabez
On a slightly different note: is the book of the same name by E.M. Forster any good? Does it have any relation to the game?
I've no idea, and it has no relation.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2006, 08:20 PM   #9
SyntheticGerbil
Pasta Master

Did any of you guys play that Casper game Ragnar made? Such a bastard!
SyntheticGerbil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2006, 03:46 PM   #10
MrManager
;-*

LFN Staff Member 
I've been playing Dreamfall for a few hours now, and I'm quite enjoying it. The story and dialogue are miles better than TLJ, a game I always found overrated, and the atmosphere is quite decent too. It's flawed in the gameplay department, but I can live with that.

So far so good in other words.

Read The Mojo!
MrManager is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2006, 07:08 AM   #11
elTee
beatnik

I've just started playing it too, because I've handed in my final assignment for the year. So far it's similar to The Longest Journey - sort of irrelevant and mundane tasks to do (talk to dad, go to the gym, chat with friends) which provide a nice background to everything without throwing you in at the deep end. Like its predecessor, the world is very atmospheric and I like it a lot - so far it's kind of like Beyond Good and Evil; very multi-cultural and looks like a nice place to live. Also, like April in The Longest Journey the title character Zoe has some weird experiences that you know are going to lead to major plot points very soon.

So yeah I'm loving it. Gripes? The 'always run' thing when you move around is fine outside, but they should have put it to 'walk' when you're indoors - she moves pretty quickly and I find myself holding down the 'walk' button constantly. But looks good

LucasTones - LT - elTee
Old 06-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #12
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
I had my final exam today and despite being slightly drunk right now I'll probably play a little dreamfall in a bit. It got delivered on tuesday and I played it a bit, I'll play it a lot more in the next few days. So far, a bit too easy and the controls are a bit annoying (although I've started using a gamepad), but it looks okay so far.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #13
Sven_Q45
Forumite

TLJ and Dreamfall are great games. One of the best adventure games for years!
I only bought TLJ, because it was interesting i saw it in a store.
Sven_Q45 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > Off-Topic Mayhem > Dreamfall