lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 20 days since last update.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-24-2001, 12:27 PM   #1
WinterJedi

Red face 20 days since last update.

Greetings!

It's now been 20 days since the last update. Is it JediknightII.net's fault? No, we're just information starved. Blizzard updates their page now and again, so does Bioware... so, LucasArts? Throw us a bone here, please? 20 days without even a word from the developers or no new information(screenshots, texts) whatsoever can shake even the firmest foundation of fans!

*takes out his LEC banner* Go, LEC, go!

"I would weep, but my tears have been stolen; I would shout, but my voice has been taken. Thus, I write."
WinterJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2001, 01:07 PM   #2
Darth Lunatic

Yes, it certainly has been awhile.

Try and get used to this. Lucasarts are the biggest tightasses when it comes to releasing NEW info on new games.

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Darth Lunatic ]

No way, man. No way, man! Get yourself another patsy, man. No way am I wearing a freakin' wire!
Darth Lunatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2001, 05:11 PM   #3
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

At this rate they'll loose most of the fans that are waiting for the game. There is a rumor though that this side of christmas there will be alot of info released. Also a couple of months and PC magazines should start giving more information aswell.

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2001, 05:14 PM   #4
ps2maddenman

Angry

I too hate waiting, but usually when LucasArts is tight lipped about a game, the game is good, the trend is that if they reveal too much info the game usually sucks.
ps2maddenman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2001, 05:19 PM   #5
Wilhuf

On the positive side, at least the information flow for Jedi Outcast has been, in general, better than for Obi-Wan. Although some news about editing capabilities would be nice... JORadiant?

Wilhuf

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Winston Churchill, 1941.
Wilhuf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2001, 07:01 PM   #6
wardz

Quote:
At this rate they'll loose most of the fans that are waiting for the game.
Dont think so Rave. In comparison to OB1 we have been flooded with info. I think some of us have been a little spoiled with info perhaps of we cant manage 3 weeks?

wardz

Welcome to JKII.Net.

Please keep sig size to a minimum : )
wardz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2001, 07:40 PM   #7
SlowbieOne

Quote:
. Lucasarts are the biggest tightasses when it comes to releasing NEW info on new games.
LOL, how true.

In my opinion the world has changed drastically over the past few years in terms of info on the web. I don't see what would be so hard about updating their page AT LEAST once a week if not more.

It only takes 5 minutes to upload some new info or a screenshot or 2.

I can understand them not releasing A LOT of info all the time, because it would spoil the game, but a few screens and some new info every week would only help things.

The world is rapidly changing and our friends at LA should be no exception.

Look at the Star Wars Galaxies website, they are constantly chatting with the Forum members and are constantly updating.

SEND SOME OF THOSE GUYS OVER HERE TO CHAT WITH US!

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: SlowbieOne ]

SlowbieOne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2001, 09:21 PM   #8
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by WinterJedi:
Greetings!

It's now been 20 days since the last update. Is it JediknightII.net's fault? No, we're just information starved. Blizzard updates their page now and again, so does Bioware... so, LucasArts? Throw us a bone here, please? 20 days without even a word from the developers or no new information(screenshots, texts) whatsoever can shake even the firmest foundation of fans!
Well...last time I checked, BioWare didn't even have anything on their site regarding Knights Of the Old Republic, except the official announcement. That's not exactly keeping the gaming community up-to-date either.

Also, we did have the recent PC Gamer stuff (we've only just had the JK2 special in the UK).

I've followed the development of several games via the Net over the years, and some managed to get the info release right, while others got it totally wrong. The problem is trying to find the right balance - you want to keep the fans updated, but you don't want to give away everything in the game.

Personally, I don't think there should be weekly releases of screenshots and new information - because there is probably 6 months or more of development time left.

Perhaps they should release a few screenshots a month, with a few more titbits of information, and then start doing a shot of the week over the last couple of months of development time. I think that would be enough for me...as long as the screenshots are from current builds of the game.
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2001, 10:04 PM   #9
Denise

Uhhhhmmm, twenty days? You're complaining at twenty days?

Pardon me, I just find that a mite shocking given the amount of time it can take to get any real noteworthy news out of developers.

Umm... all I can say is, if this is your idea of a long wait, folks, get used to it while you can. I'm sorry I can't put that any more politely, but...
Denise is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2001, 10:55 PM   #10
WinterJedi

No offence taken, Denise. But I am kinda used to more frequent updates.. Oh well, as the big day draws near, the more info we'll get.

"I would weep, but my tears have been stolen; I would shout, but my voice has been taken. Thus, I write."
Old 10-24-2001, 11:12 PM   #11
SlowbieOne

The only reason I'm slightly impatient waiting for this game is because JK2 should've come out 2 years ago instead of fumbling around with Obi-Wan for the PC...

SlowbieOne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2001, 09:14 AM   #12
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
soon...... trust me

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2001, 12:50 PM   #13
Darth Lunatic

Damnit !! The h8ter of gonks up to his tricks again!

This time, tell us what you know! Are we getting a demo soon? Gameplay footage!! TELL ME DAMN YOU !!!

No way, man. No way, man! Get yourself another patsy, man. No way am I wearing a freakin' wire!
Old 10-25-2001, 05:08 PM   #14
WinterJedi

*Moves his hand infront of GonkH8er's face* You -will- tell us.

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: WinterJedi ]

Old 10-25-2001, 05:40 PM   #15
StephenG

gonk8her, were both aussies. u can trust me...
o look i've giving my email away... ste_hawkeye@hotmail.com i hope u dont send me any info (getting any clues gonk?)

Dieu me pardonnera. C'est son motier. (God will forgive me. It's his job.)
-Heinrich Heine
StephenG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2001, 06:00 PM   #16
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

Noone has any new information yet. But what he means is there will be some soon. Rumor is that it will be this side of christmas.

Old 10-25-2001, 09:50 PM   #17
X-Vector

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Lunatic:
<STRONG>Try and get used to this. Lucasarts are the biggest tightasses when it comes to releasing NEW info on new games.
</STRONG>
I don't think so, compared to id, Valve and 3D Realms Raven/Lucasarts have been flooding us with new info on their upcoming game.

I think some of you are just a bit too spoiled to be satisfied with anything less than information overkill.
Trust me, you will get all the screenshots, videos and news when the game is closer to release (meaning well into 2002).

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: X-Vector ]

Dark Forces Forever!
X-Vector is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2001, 11:30 PM   #18
OnlyOneCanoli
Paranoid Bandroid

At OWK.net we went a month or two at a time without news, and that's including some half-assed previews that just told us info we already knew. This is nothing.

I personally think they should release a screenshot every week or two, just to keep the people interested. But that's just me.
OnlyOneCanoli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2001, 01:10 PM   #19
Darth Lunatic

I remember those dark days....

It makes me shudder just thinking about obi-wan . Trying to get info on that game was like trying to get blood out of a stone, which would probably be easier .

Old 10-28-2001, 03:47 AM   #20
Averron

God... Don't remind me.
Averron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2001, 06:55 AM   #21
GonkH8er

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainRAVE:
<STRONG>Rumor is that it will be this side of christmas.</STRONG>
That rumour is false.

and at no point did i ever say i knew something.....

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
Old 10-28-2001, 07:04 AM   #22
Darth Lunatic

Hmmm.

Are you trying to tell us something with that little smiley face?

Old 10-28-2001, 08:47 AM   #23
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

It'll be near christmas anyway. OK, it is just a rumor, but that would be the time information would be released anyway. Lucasarts are very annoying though. They released lots more information for JK. I just hope we'll have a demo to play before the game comes out, or have some kind of trailer.

Old 10-28-2001, 09:17 AM   #24
Darth Lunatic

A demo before the game comes out?

Now that would be a shock, especially coming from Lucasarts.

A trailer maybe, but a demo, i dont think so. In fact...any information about the game in the next few months....would be a shock.

Old 10-28-2001, 10:55 AM   #25
GonkH8er

I'm guessing we'll get a demo before the release. This is not LEC we're talking about. Perhaps with JK1, they were so busy that they just took a level from the full version and made it a demo, just before release.... or after...... whatever it was.

I think Raven will have had time to make a demo, and LEC will have harnessed this opportunity.

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
Old 10-28-2001, 11:09 AM   #26
Darth Lunatic

I hope so for your sake Gonk, LEC are not as forgiving as i am.

Old 10-28-2001, 03:42 PM   #27
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Lunatic:
<STRONG>A demo before the game comes out?

Now that would be a shock, especially coming from Lucasarts.

A trailer maybe, but a demo, i dont think so. In fact...any information about the game in the next few months....would be a shock.</STRONG>
In the UK we had a demo for JK about 2 months before the game actually came out.

If it is up to Raven they will release a demo before the game comes out, they have done with most of their games. With Elite Force they brought the demo out, but then the game was delayed. So in fact, we had it about 4 months before the game actually came out...lol.

Old 10-28-2001, 09:17 PM   #28
Jedi Howell

Location: somewhere just outside Raven headquarters(window), taking a sneak peek at JKII
Well, I've discovered some news: new screenies(/methinks) in Dec PCG. JKII's also listed as one of the top ten games for 02.

jh

I need a new sig...
Jedi Howell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2001, 11:51 AM   #29
Darth Lunatic

Still no news.

Well Episode 2 teaser should be out soon!

Old 11-01-2001, 01:52 PM   #30
Kurgan

Wink

Less than 48 hours..
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2001, 03:03 PM   #31
TherosB

Ah yes, I heard a wonderful rumor that there will be an EP2 trailer tomorrow with Monsters Inc. I was already going to see the movie tomorrow...but that is definetly a bonus!

General Theros
TherosB is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > 20 days since last update.