lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Crash During Game Play
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Yuun_Darano
Lurker

Crash During Game Play

Hope this hasn't been posted before to many times, am new here, but my problem is as fallows>

When I go to play Jedi Academy it keeps crashing while I am in a level. There's no error message or anything of the sort, the screen freezes for a few seconds and then my computer re-boots. I've tried updateing my display drivers and still the same thing happens. I've also tried deleteing the level and re-dueing it, changeing the display options for the game, and even re-installing the whole game. I really don't want to give up one of my favoret games, but it's looking like I might have to unless some one can help
Yuun_Darano is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2008, 11:19 PM   #2
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
That does sound like a driver problem. You've updated to the newest drivers for your video card? What is your video card as well. Also, might want to check for drivers for you sound card too.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
Yuun_Darano
Lurker

Thanks for replying ^.^ I do have the latest drivers, got them yesturday just before my post. As it turns out I think I fixed the problem by going into task manager and telling my computer to only use a single cpu instead of dual core for Academy. Seems to be working so far. ^.^

Anyway, system spects are:

NIVIDI 7600 GS x2 on SLI
ADM Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.01 GHz
2.00 GB of RAM
Windows XP Home Edition (service pack 2 I think)

I know I'm useing an ASUS mother board, but I'm not sure how to say much more of it right now, lol.

Thanks again for responding. ^.^
Yuun_Darano is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Ah, dual core support was a problem with original jk2 1.02 release, but I wasn't aware of any large issues with JKA. Hopefully you have fixed the issue then.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
LukeDavis93
Rookie

its problems like this that influence me to only use console versions instead of PC versions. Just get the XBox version
LukeDavis93 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > Crash During Game Play