lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help with my Save Game Editor for KotOR I and II
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
harIII
Veteran

Helpful! 
Help with my Save Game Editor for KotOR I and II

I have two questions

I found a software and I think the name of it is KoTOR I and II Game Editor. I changed Carth Onasi to look like Darth Malak. During any battle scenes "Malak" is kind of freezing in a position of using the Force and staying like that. He will move around but still in the position, there is no animation involved. After a few seconds he becomes normal again. This is proving to be poor in any fighting.

I change several properties of my game profile and now that I am trying to get out of the Black Vulkar base on Taris, the game is freezing during the loading process to get out. All I've done so far is edite only the appearences, classes, feats, Force Powers, the amount of Force and Health points for my characters, and also have entered the unfinished area in the Vulkar base only accessable by entering in "warp tar_m10ab" or something to that effect.

What is going on and how can I fix it without starting over.
harIII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
The first problem is probably because there are multiple Malak appearances and you probably chose the wrong one. the 2nd you probably tweaked things too much and caused your game save to be corrupt. For the 2nd you will have to start a new game.

Also this is a modding request subforum where you ask somebody to build a mod for you. The question you are asking is related to a tool and these type of questions need to be asked in T3's Astromech Droid Center.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
harIII
Veteran

Helpful! 
Ok I'll look into the Editor and also I did check out the models. There is one where Malak looks normal with his Mouth Peice, there is another without the Mouth Peice with his mouth revealed, there is another one when he is a Jedi (I am assuming) and there are a few others that are part of a cutscene. I know that the Malak that I choose works because I played with him since the Abandoned Appartments in the Taris Uppercity in the area with the hospital, cantina, and emporium. Although I have noticed that when you save it will take you back to the save before it so now I have to rely on the Auto Save to save my profiles while using the tool.

And sorry about having this in the wrong section of the Lucas Forums, I'll try to remember to keep my questions in the right area.

Thank You for replying.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #4
HK-57
Rookie

I know what your saying.

He only stays that way for about 2 seconds though, doesn't he?

This is just his animations.,

But you can wait a few seconds can't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harIII
Ok I'll look into the Editor and also I did check out the models. There is one where Malak looks normal with his Mouth Peice, there is another without the Mouth Peice with his mouth revealed, there is another one when he is a Jedi (I am assuming) and there are a few others that are part of a cutscene. I know that the Malak that I choose works because I played with him since the Abandoned Appartments in the Taris Uppercity in the area with the hospital, cantina, and emporium. Although I have noticed that when you save it will take you back to the save before it so now I have to rely on the Auto Save to save my profiles while using the tool.

And sorry about having this in the wrong section of the Lucas Forums, I'll try to remember to keep my questions in the right area.

Thank You for replying.

You could use this mod: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...obe_Pack;72088

It works in Kotor 1 and TSL!

just type into your command box: giveitem malak_jedi

(or) malak_normal (or) malak_jawless

It has all three (but remember, use seperatly, and dont put the or's in)

(To add cheats for to Local Disk, Program files, Lucas Arts, SWKOTOR 2, then SWKOTOR 2 (notebook page), when it's open, go down to Game Options, and make a new line at bottem and type: EnableCheats=1

Then save, and when ingame press the ` key (top left under Esc).
The console will be invisable, but notice, that when you press keys that would take you to a menu, it doesn't, but your game continues.
Then type these cheats in, then you should have them.

(Remember to install the mod first! Follow the read me on it.)

:: Warning: Rude Alert! Rude Alert! An electrical fire has knocked out my voice recognition unicycle! Many Wurlitzers are missing from my database. ::
:: Abandon shop! This is not a daffodil! Repeat: This is not a daffodi! ::

Last edited by RedHawke; 02-06-2008 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Combined DP...
HK-57 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
harIII
Veteran

Helpful! 
I can wait on Malak returning to normal animation but I noticed that he wasn't doing anything. I just thought that he did nothing and I was rather disappointed in his fighting. If he did just stand there and do nothing, I was going to take him out of my party and replace him with something else.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #6
HK-57
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harIII
I can wait on Malak returning to normal animation but I noticed that he wasn't doing anything. I just thought that he did nothing and I was rather disappointed in his fighting. If he did just stand there and do nothing, I was going to take him out of my party and replace him with something else.
Jedi 1 is better in my opinion, look at my last post.

:: Warning: Rude Alert! Rude Alert! An electrical fire has knocked out my voice recognition unicycle! Many Wurlitzers are missing from my database. ::
:: Abandon shop! This is not a daffodil! Repeat: This is not a daffodi! ::
HK-57 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2008, 09:27 AM   #7
harIII
Veteran

Helpful! 
Ok, I have the Mod but when do I install it to. The Override folder in the game file system.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > Help with my Save Game Editor for KotOR I and II