lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: There was a problem when I entered a room!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-25-2007, 12:15 AM   #1
DcTheLeet
Lurker

There was a problem when I entered a room!

I have this problem where I went in another room with Manny, and the next screen didn't load and it stayed in the same one. So basically Manny went inside another room, but the game stayed in the previous room with no one in it. The music is still playing, so it didn't freeze. What could possibly be the problem? The game has been running fine since this happened at Year 4, and I was trying to go inside the kitchen at the Blue Casket. I really hope I don't have to restart the whole game. Please help!
DcTheLeet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
Thimble_Guy
Rookie

Hi there,

It's possible a setting in the options. Go to options and look for "movement mode" and make sure its at "character relative".

Hope this helps.
Thimble_Guy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
DcTheLeet
Lurker

This did not help because it's already in Character Relative. This has to be a glitch or something because Manny is not even on the screen.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
DcTheLeet
Lurker

http://xs121.xs.to/xs121/07470/Glitch.jpg

This is what my screen looks like right now but I can't even do anything. The music still plays though, so I guess it didn't freeze.

Last edited by DcTheLeet; 11-25-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #5
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
That exact same thing happened to me once, too. I couldn't figure out how to solve it. The easiest thing you can do is download an appropriate saved game here.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2007, 01:34 PM   #6
DcTheLeet
Lurker

ok thank you very much now it's up and running with a new save file.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:25 PM   #7
Du Man

strange how uploading one of those saved game files fixes everything. Does the program just gets hung up on something with different computers, or does it just gets hung up at random times?
Du Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
Musichead13
Lurker

The exact same thing happened to me in the exact same spot although it was in year 2 when it happened. I just continued to move Manny around and I somehow got him into the previous room. It took a few minutes of aggravation but it was better than starting over or downloading a saved game file.
Musichead13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > There was a problem when I entered a room!