lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I haven't played the first two, will i enjoy this game?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
Jahgro
Lurker

I haven't played the first two, will i enjoy this game?

I haven't played the first two games, will i be missing a bunch of stuff that is crucial to the story? or will i be ok to play through without knowing what happens in the first two games?

does anybody know of a detailed synopsis for the first two games?
Jahgro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
Aukoi
Lurker

I haven't played the first two games of the series either.. but I kinda got the jist of the synopsis.
Aukoi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #3
Jedi.Maverick
Rookie

Dark Forces and MOTS are not as crucial as JK I to understand whats going on. But it would be nice if you get kyle katarn's background on starwars.wikia.com

"Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."
-HK-47
"Translation: two per cent probability that the miniature organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted. That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."
-HK-47 on Iziz
"Statement: Oh, yes, Master. Pain is really the only reliable means by which truth may be obtained... or so I choose to believe."
-HK-47 opining on torture
Jedi.Maverick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
The game is just fine as a standalone. But the other games to provide a lot of backstory and help with the overall feel of the game.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
n.a
Lurker

Kind of late to be buying this game.
n.a is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #6
neal8929
Rookie

If you have any love of star wars whatsoever, get this game. Its old, but great fun gameplay especially after you put dismemberment mod on. MP is ok, but not as many folks still play.

All should know this...it's not the staff that makes you a noob, its how you use it.
neal8929 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2008, 01:34 AM   #7
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
I didn't buy the first two games till much later. I still liked both JO and JA. So I would say yes you would enjoy this game. It has the third best single player campaign I have seen. #1 would have to be KOTOR 1 and #2 would have to be either JK or MotS. The multiplayer is very well done as well. There are still thousands of people playing it

Anyway if you want a detailed synopsis I would recommend using Wikipedia

Here is the first game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Forces

Here is the second game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...Dark_Forces_II

Here is MotS the expansion to the second game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...es_of_the_Sith
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #8
nizwiz
Rookie

No doubt you will. My jk history: JK3, JK2, DF (currently playing), DF2:JK (next on my list). I've enjoyed / am enjoying every single one of them (no matter the clunky graphics of the older ones).
nizwiz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #9
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
And there is a Mod that puts new updated models into JK DF II btw. Poster, yes indeed you will LOVE this game i really think, it is an amazing achievement of game design, the levels are awesome, the settings and the in game vids are superb and it is an all around winner, head above most of the most modern super graphic games that are really just shoot em ups on speed. This game is one of the very best I have ever played, and will remain a classic, along with JK Academy which you should play after this one. The first two, actually three if you add the expansion to JK DF II, MOTS, Mystery of the Sith, are all interesting storywise but quite a bit older in terms of graphics but you can tweak at least JK DF and JK DF II with the right in game settings to get a very respectable appearance to the graphics with the engine they used. Have fun, and may the Force be with you!.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2008, 07:00 AM   #10
Ham Yoyo

You will enjoy this game. JO and JA are my favorite games still today. The SP campaign in JO is the best I've ever played. The SP campaign in JK DF2 is real close. The two best gaming experiences of my life were the first time I played JK DF2 and JO.

You should defenitaly get JA after you complete JO. The 6 level Dark Forces Mod for JA was just released. There are SP addon levels for both JO and JA to download.

My dream, to watch Imperial ships explode in my gunsights.
Ham Yoyo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #11
rendarknight
Rookie

yes u will

u will really enjoy this game even if u havnt played the other but there nothing as good as playing the complete saga of df/jk good luck
rendarknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-29-2008, 10:27 PM   #12
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
I only got DF2 because I was curious about the storyline. But the game is good either way. You can understand the story irregardless since it doesn't rely on backstory a whole lot

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 04:04 AM   #13
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Got MOTS with my copy of DFJK, but actually never finished it. Still, you don't need either to enjoy JO. I'd have to say I pretty much agree with Prime's assessment.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #14
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Jedi Outcast rocks, but I recommend getting all of its predecessors as well. Even Dark Forces, which people still make mods/maps for. When a game that old still has a modding community, that's saying something.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > I haven't played the first two, will i enjoy this game?