lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help! Crrrrrash!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-05-2008, 02:27 AM   #1
Monaco5
Lurker

Help! Crrrrrash!

So, a week ago I bought the Best of PC pack. Finally got around to installing and playing EAW today, but...About a few minutes into the first mission, my screen went all black, then blue (I think its a BSOD...but its blank) And my PC Restarted. Hm...

So, I reinstalled, and it seemed to work, except it happened after about 20 minutes this time. After another reinstallation, it kept occuring. It happens maybe 20 seconds into starting up the game, before I even get off the main menu. So it doesnt seem to care if im in game, or just at on the menus.

Im told that since its the Best of PC pack, it is already completely patched, and after searching for an hour or two, I havent been able to find anyone with similar problems. Now, I can play SWG, CS:S, BF2, JO:E...so it is just a problem with this one game, not everything.

my PC specs are
AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
1gb ram
ATI X800XT AIW
1 80gb HD, 2 160GB HD's

I have a Dxdiag I can post as well, if that helps.
Monaco5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2008, 06:14 AM   #2
DarthMaulUK

Hi there!
The problem sounds like an out of date graphic card driver. Visit the http://www.ati.com website follow the steps to download the driver for your card.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
Monaco5
Lurker

Well, I uninstalled my graphics drivers, and reinstalled the Catalyst 8.2's, which are the most up to date, but it still crashed, same way. Maybe the 8.2 drivers just dont like EAW? Ill try to find the Omega drivers, and see if they work.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #4
Monaco5
Lurker

Well as of now it seems to be fixed! I uninstalled everything related to the Catalyst 8.2 drivers, and installed the latest Omega Drivers (1/18/08) which are based off the Catalyst 7.2 drivers, curiously enough. After that, no more crashing! So, I think EAW just doesnt like the 8.2 drivers too much.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Tech Centre > Help! Crrrrrash!