lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Door problems in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
patient_zero

Door problems in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr

Alright, so this has probably been asked many times. In fact I know it has, I searched but no topic held an answer that worked for me.

It's that lounge door in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr. It deflects Mira and sents her scuttling back down the ramp, then running back up again to try and get in, then scuttling back down again... Seeing her running about in circles was amusing the first few seconds, but once I realised she wasn't going to stop I got annoyed.

I'm a prolific saver, so I'll likely be able to reload before any given event on Nar Shaddaa if I know where I might have caused a problem. I've tried replaying the invitation from Viquis and the Atton bar fight, she still bounces off the door.

I've tried patching it, but it errors whenever it tries to touch my dialogue.tlk, even when I replace it with the Obsidian standard, though I did then try to install the manual patch, so I don't think patching it will necessarily help.

Is there anything in particular I could do to fix this? I'm pretty handy with KSE, so if there's a "door open" variable that might not have been set right I can fix it if I know what it's called.
patient_zero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
swfan28
Rookie

Do you have any mods installed? I once had similar problem with the Suvan Tam for TSL mod. That problem was caused by the mod overriding Visquis in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr so that his dialog didn't work. I solved the problem by removing the conflicting file, n_quarren002.utc, from the override before entering the Jekk'Jekk Tarr. The file can be restored after the Visquis plot is complete.

If your game is unmodded then I guess you have a corrupted save game. The only idea I can suggest is to load an earlier saved game, perhaps doing the quests in different order, and see if it works...
swfan28 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
patient_zero

I do have the Suvam Tan mod, so I'll delete that file and see if it works. Thanks!
patient_zero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #4
Darth_Raptura
Rookie

You know, this exact same thing was heppening to me, too. Thank you swfan28. I can finally finish my TSL game started 3 months ago.
Darth_Raptura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2008, 01:30 AM   #5
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

I'm going to attempt to move the n_quarren.utc file instead of deleting it. Then sticking it back in after I get through the JJT.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Door problems in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr