lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: (Request) Dooku Sabers
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-26-2007, 12:29 AM   #1
shosey

(Request) Dooku Sabers

Hello All. Its been a very long time since I've been around here and I'm very rusty with the kotor mods. I just re-installed kotor 1 and am having fun playing around with it again. I dumped a few of my old mods in the override folder and everything is working great! "I am jedi", "High Stakes Pazaak", and "Ebon Hawk Basement" all working as intended.

Anyway, I downloaded a saber pack with some movie models in it - and they're really nice. Unfortunately, with this pack each model is only available in one color. I started looking around on how I could go about making the models changeable colors and using the regular sized light saber model for a short saber, but I realized I felt like playing - not tweaking

So, what I'm looking for is sabers that I can use the getitem cheat on. One regular (main hand) saber with Dooku hilt that can be any of the colors and one short saber (off hand) also Dooku hilt and also changeable to any color. I'm really not sure how difficult this is or if anyvbody is willing to do it. These should both just have standard regular saber and short saber stats and be upgradeable like normal.

So, if you feel generous and want to help an old modder out - I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks to all!

P.S.
This is for KotOR 1 if I didn't mention it above - thanks again!

Hosey's KotOR Mods [Ebon Hawk Basement] [High Stakes Pazaak] [I am Jedi!] [Skip Endire Spire]
More to come
shosey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2007, 01:26 AM   #2
Jasher
Rookie

I could get 'em to you in about 72 hours.
...not that it'll take me that long, but I have to find the time to do it...
Let me know!
Jasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #3
shosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasher
I could get 'em to you in about 72 hours.
...not that it'll take me that long, but I have to find the time to do it...
Let me know!
If you're up for it, that would rock. Thanks!

PM'd you.

Hosey's KotOR Mods [Ebon Hawk Basement] [High Stakes Pazaak] [I am Jedi!] [Skip Endire Spire]
More to come

Last edited by shosey; 05-26-2007 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
Jasher
Rookie

They're done...but there's a slight problem. The Dooku hilt I extracted from somebody else's mod was originally made to fit Malak's lightsaber. When the hilt is used on a normal or short saber, there's a gap between the hilt and the blade.
If you don't care, I'll send them to you immediately.
If it'll bother you, then I'll see if I can't find another Dooku hilt from a different mod.
Let me know.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #5
shosey

Quote:
They're done...but there's a slight problem. The Dooku hilt I extracted from somebody else's mod was originally made to fit Malak's lightsaber. When the hilt is used on a normal or short saber, there's a gap between the hilt and the blade.
If it'll bother you, then I'll see if I can't find another Dooku hilt from a different mod.
Let me know.
Is there any way to get rid of the gap?

More to come
Old 05-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #6
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Jasher, don't forget to gain permission from the original author of the saber you are editing, before releasing it to the public.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #7
shosey

Quote:
Let me know.
If nothing can be done about the gap, I'll gladly take them as is. Thanks so much for your help.

More to come
Old 05-28-2007, 11:07 AM   #8
Jasher
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosey
If nothing can be done about the gap, I'll gladly take them as is. Thanks so much for your help.
I'll send them to you with the gap first. If I can figure a way to get rid of it, I'll send you new ones.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:15 AM   #9
Paddythegreat
Rookie

First off sorry for bumping such an old thread.

Secondly i have oldflashes superb mod and have malaks (dookus ) saber hilt. My problem is the sabers stats are aweful and it is not upgradeable. Is there anyone willing to change this for me or tell me how to?

Any help on this would be great!

P.s. if some one could pm me the info for the best saber modding tool that would be great.

Edit: N/m i downloaded somw kotor mod tools and made my own. Yay me!

Last edited by RedHawke; 03-27-2008 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Combined DP...
Paddythegreat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2008, 01:32 PM   #10
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
ChAiNz.2da once made Dooku-ish sabers for K1. These sabers are also included in the Kotor 2 Ultimate Saber Mod, if you'd need them for k2 as well

Click for Segan Wyndh Longsabers

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > (Request) Dooku Sabers