lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What you couldn't do/say in KotOR II...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-25-2008, 02:54 AM   #161
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
Plus, what's up with that voice? Why does he whispers all the time, to the point I almost have to turn the volume up every time he speaks.
Same here. His voice was just strange. It was usually so dull and awkward, and yet it was very good at other times.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2008, 05:18 AM   #162
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
Actually keep the council alive.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2008, 05:29 AM   #163
JCarter426

Nah, if they died, that would ruin the whole point of the game.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #164
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Current Game: KotOR
Quote:
Plus, what's up with that voice? Why does he whispers all the time, to the point I almost have to turn the volume up every time he speaks.
I think it adds to his character. Who knows if he was like that before Malachor; he blames himself for all the deaths there, and guilt of that magnitude would be quite the psychological blow. Maybe after that he feels no need to proclaim himself to the world.

Joetheeskimo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #165
JCarter426

Or, it was just a bad microphone.

Bao-dur wasn't the only one I had trouble hearing. Luxa was far worse--the voice actress was good, don't get me wrong, but there were entire lines I couldn't hear.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #166
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetheeskimo
I think it adds to his character. Who knows if he was like that before Malachor; he blames himself for all the deaths there, and guilt of that magnitude would be quite the psychological blow. Maybe after that he feels no need to proclaim himself to the world.
Depth? Perhaps, if he didn't speak like that all the time. It almost gave me the feel of a bad actor (Not a bad voice actor):

Bao-Dur is now happy.

Bao - *Whispers* I feel myself relieved... as I haven't been for a while.

Bao-Dur is now angry.

Bao - *Whispers again* I will kick your sore butt now, your Mandalorian-lover, son of a...

Bao-Dur is now sad.

Bao - *Whispers... Yet once again* *Mumbling something inaudible to himself*

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #167
Doc Valentine
Ha-Ha Kotor Modding

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Depth? Perhaps, if he didn't speak like that all the time. It almost gave me the feel of a bad actor (Not a bad voice actor):

Bao-Dur is now happy.

Bao - *Whispers* I feel myself relieved... as I haven't been for a while.

Bao-Dur is now angry.

Bao - *Whispers again* I will kick your sore butt now, your Mandalorian-lover, son of a...

Bao-Dur is now sad.

Bao - *Whispers... Yet once again* *Mumbling something inaudible to himself*
That's about the best impression I have seen of Bao-Dur hahaha. I never really liked the way he talked, it was just soooo drawn out and seemed a bit silly at times.

I don't need you no more in this world. I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late.
Doc Valentine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #168
JCarter426

Indeed. "I don't think so. You'll have to come through me if you want to take the General." comes to mind.

However, some of the lines were perfect--for instance, the whole "But Czerka ruined everything!" rant.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #169
DarthAve
Yeezy

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Yeah, one line he said, which I love is in the Pazaak Den on Nar Shaddaa, when you try to play with the twi'lik woman (her name slips my mind), and Bao is the only guy in your party. You ask her to play and it's like.

Twi'lik - I want to play with him.
Exile - Him
Bao - ~distraught~ Me??

The way he says it just gets me. Take Bao with you everywhere on Nar Shaddaa, I've gotten a few funny things out of him.

Also...another wish... I wish that, I don't know if it's just my game, but after I got off Goto's ship, when walking around Nar Shaddaa's refugee landing pad area, I saw Hanharr and Mira just standing there chillin'. I mean, I guess if I weren't female, 2 Miras would be a good thing... but then again, it was a little funny to see Mira in her jedi robes standing next to Hanharr right next to the giant pit. So yeah, after one of them dies, seeing them stand around doesn't really make sense.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2008, 06:23 PM   #170
JCarter426

Hehehe, I've had a similar bug with Atton. I went back much later and went through the entire "your falling to teh DARK SIDE!1!" lecture in one sitting.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #171
Doc Valentine
Ha-Ha Kotor Modding

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426

However, some of the lines were perfect--for instance, the whole "But Czerka ruined everything!" rant.
Hahahaha, that was indeed my favorite.

I don't need you no more in this world. I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late.
Doc Valentine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #172
DarthAve
Yeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426
Hehehe, I've had a similar bug with Atton. I went back much later and went through the entire "your falling to teh DARK SIDE!1!" lecture in one sitting.
Nice. I just had a glitch where I made my lightsaber and Bao made me one, but instead 2 showed up in my inventory. XD

So yeah, basically what I've established is KOTOR has bugs and kinda-established characters whom I adore. So, if there's anything else is wish for of KOTOR 2, I'll gladly voice it.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #173
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Current Game: KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAve
Yeah, one line he said, which I love is in the Pazaak Den on Nar Shaddaa, when you try to play with the twi'lik woman (her name slips my mind)
Dahnis, I think.

Quote:
Also...another wish... I wish that, I don't know if it's just my game, but after I got off Goto's ship, when walking around Nar Shaddaa's refugee landing pad area, I saw Hanharr and Mira just standing there chillin'. I mean, I guess if I weren't female, 2 Miras would be a good thing... but then again, it was a little funny to see Mira in her jedi robes standing next to Hanharr right next to the giant pit. So yeah, after one of them dies, seeing them stand around doesn't really make sense.

Joetheeskimo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #174
DarthAve
Yeezy

My point exactly. If I were a guy, that'd be a good thing. But I'm not a guy, so it's just kinda annoying.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #175
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

Ok, I do have a few things to comment on here. First of all, some of the missing content, at least for the PC version, can be brought back. Second, with some of the missing content, is also corrections for conversations, things like that. Some work for the X-Box version, as well.
Anyway, the one thing I wish I could do was bring Kreia/Darth Traya to the light side, or even find some way of killing her off earlier in the game. Or, instead of her being there constantly, and bringing me down, that she could be somewhere and an occasional conversation with her. And allow her to do some actual teaching, instead of berating you all that time. Also, do more with Atris, and the rest of the masters. And giving them an option to live, as well. Kind of like drop Kreia off on Korriban, and leaving her there, early in the game, then picking her back up for Malachor. Or she gets there on her own. And more, and better, conversations with all the the other characters. And actually meeting up with Carth and Bastilia.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #176
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Strike
Anyway, the one thing I wish I could do was bring Kreia/Darth Traya to the light side
Cut content alert!

Quote:
instead of her being there constantly, and bringing me down, that she could be somewhere and an occasional conversation with her. And allow her to do some actual teaching, instead of berating you all that time. Also, do more with Atris, and the rest of the masters. And giving them an option to live, as well. Kind of like drop Kreia off on Korriban, and leaving her there, early in the game, then picking her back up for Malachor. Or she gets there on her own.
Bah! Don't mess with the themes of the game!

Quote:
And actually meeting up with Carth and Bastilia.
You can do that...well, not so much with Bastila (she appears more than once, but the Exile never meets her).

Old 03-25-2008, 08:28 PM   #177
DarthAve
Yeezy

I was just talking to Kreia, and somehow I got this video of her in the Trayus Academy, and Sion & Nihilius came in and Sion kick the crap out of her while Nihilius stood back and watched. I want more stuff like that, where Kreia get's the crap kicked out of her! I could not stop laughing at that cutscene's awesomeness!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:34 PM   #178
JCarter426

That's the "Kreia's Fall" movie--it's basically the last part of her backstory that you get from her alone (everything else requires you to gain influence with the other party members). You get 1000 XP for uncovering it, I believe.

And yeah, it was awesome.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:48 PM   #179
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I was just talking to Kreia, and somehow I got this video of her in the Trayus Academy, and Sion & Nihilius came in and Sion kick the crap out of her while Nihilius stood back and watched. I want more stuff like that, where Kreia get's the crap kicked out of her! I could not stop laughing at that cutscene's awesomeness!
Indeed, that cutscene was awesome and pretty accessible at the very start of the game. We have some unique animations we don't see anywhere else on the game as well.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:06 PM   #180
DarthAve
Yeezy

Oh yeah, I discovered something else too. I was playing around some with stuff people wore, and I discovered that Bao was wearing no "clothing/armor/stuff like that" Well, than I played around with all the other party members and discovered that when visas has nothing on, she's in her underwear. BUT those scars talked about after you duel her on the ship: Non existant. I just think it'd be cooler if they put that detail in. Be it a few lines or whatever on her arms and legs.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:20 PM   #181
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I just think it'd be cooler if they put that detail in. Be it a few lines or whatever on her arms and legs.
Hmm, mod request for a sado-maso Visas?

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:37 AM   #182
JCarter426

Well, once TG finishes, you'll be able to be Visas' new "master".

Old 03-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #183
DarthAve
Yeezy

Dear god, you barely even know what her face looks like.

Hey, what if you could purchase different headcoverings for Visas? That'd be neat.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #184
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

Well, if you have the pc version of the game, there are all sorts of mods you can get, including one to see Visas' face.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > What you couldn't do/say in KotOR II...