lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: K1: Prestige Class
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
K1: Prestige Class

Having seen another recent request something hit me, and having done a search of modding requests I couldn't spot anything relevant.

Would it be possible to add Prestige Class mod to KotOR for Revan, and assign bonuses etc once the player reaches level 15? So player could select Jedi Master, Weaponmaster or Watchman? Or is this impossible as it ventures to the hardcoded side of the game?

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
I don't think it could be made so that it is exactly like in TSL, but something similar should be possible.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2008, 12:10 AM   #3
Exile007
Forumite

Current Game: Zelda Majora's Mask
The prestige classes are not in KotOR. I'm not sure exactly what you'd have to do, but I think that you'd need to edit classes.2da, add a new line and then write a script to make a character the new class. You also would not be able to make Revan a jedi, unless you made it so that instead of becoming a guardian, consular, sentinel he became a weapons master, master, and watchman.
Exile007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2008, 12:13 AM   #4
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Maybe it would be possible to simulate the prestige classes.

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:34 AM   #5
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Unfortunately you can't add new 'force-using' classes to either game. While I understand you can add non-force using ones.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #6
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Umm, RH. I actually meant using things allready in the game to get as close to the Prestige classes as K1 allows.

Thats possible, isen't it?

Old 03-31-2008, 07:15 AM   #7
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
No new force using classes... it is hard-coded. You can rename the current classes yes, but that isn't what was requested. You need to stick to what the requester wants when replying, or explain why it isn't possible. I believe from looking at his/her post that replacing classes is not what the OP was asking for.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2008, 07:32 AM   #8
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
No new force using classes... it is hard-coded. You can rename the current classes yes, but that isn't what was requested. You need to stick to what the requester wants when replying, or explain why it isn't possible. I believe from looking at his/her post that replacing classes is not what the OP was asking for.
RH would be correct (its he btw ); the request was in some regaurds a variation on a request I knew to be impossible (higher than level 20) with something that would add prestige classes, unfortunatly that too is hardcoded this making the request somewhat redundant.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2008, 08:34 AM   #9
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Umm, this might just be me being stupid again.

But, why not make a new force power like in the '4 Force Power mod' and add that at a certain level. And at the same time as those/That power gets added you rename the class of the PC.

Could that work?

Old 03-31-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
You can't change the name of the class from inside the game, AFAIK.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > K1: Prestige Class