lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 30 Year Review
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
30 Year Review

In the UK when the Government performs a public review it is meant to advertise this, however, at least to me it seems they are trying to sneak this through; http://www.30yearrulereview.org.uk/ Conspiracy anyone? When politicians do things like this I get the sneaking suspicion they have something to hide.

Generally I have a mistrust of pretty much all politicians nowadays as it seems to get anywhere in UK politics you have to be a nasty piece of work.

Not sure if this is really a debate but for any of my fellow Brits who inhabit KC I thought you may find this interesting.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #2
Web Rider

We had something like this in the US. Classified documents of the president were to be de-classified and made public 12 years after their last year in office. One of the first executive orders Bush passed was to negate this. Why? Well because his daddy's documents were coming up under this.(speculation)

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
I won't be surprised if it's decided that under the current climate, for national security, we'll have to double the length of time, or something.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
I get the sneaking suspicion they have something to hide.
Politicians (MPs) especially, always have something to hide. Why do you think they've fought so hard to keep their 'government expenses' secret - it because they've been doing things they shouldn't.

Doesn't surprise me at all with this government and *that* man in charge.
Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > 30 Year Review