lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The girl can't help it.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #41
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Oh, Lordy, Operation Chaos is such a farce. Like Rush is actually going to have enough power to make zillions of people vote for her in the primaries so she can win the nomination. That gives Rush way too much credit. It is highly likely Hillary will lose. She'll have to do something spectacular, and Obama will have to have some incredibly ugly skeletons come out of his closet, in order for her to win the nomination.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #42
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Still supporting Clinton though for the Democratic Nomination. It's just a lame story. I'm willing to allow for a candinate to make this sort of mistake if I trust her to be compentent. But you have to be realistic and admit she only got a 17% chance of winning the nomination (that's due to the presidental stock market).

However, there are many posts that indicate that Clinton has a chance of winning the popular vote. So I'm going to make a prediction: Clinton will stay in the race, winning Penn., lose a couple of other states, and then come in from below to win the Popular Vote by winning the 51st state of Pureto Rico.

Then, she will still lose the nomination because everyone will be laughing at Pureto Rico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #43
Corinthian
Banned

Given how unpopular Hilary is, her getting the popular vote by winning Puerto Rico is about as likely as Osama Bin Laden converting to Judaism and turning himself in.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #44
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
What's funny is that while i'M reading this, there is an ad asking to vote for a popularity poll about Hillary.

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #45
Web Rider

you know what's sad? This topic is the embodiment of how easily people get distracted from important matters and focus on the bogus media-overblown nothings.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #46
Corinthian
Banned

Rush's only real objective is to prolong the Democratic Primaries as long as he possibly can so they'll sling plenty of mud at each other, not to mention make a series of dumb statements or have more psychotic Reverends show up.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2008, 02:14 AM   #47
True_Avery
Banned

I always find it amusing when people are surprised at politicians. Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Conservative. Everybody who runs for office blows things out of proportion. They all will take advantage over each others mistakes to get ahead. They will all try and find back doors, or find a juicy story to back their own message.

People an going to knock on Hilary for these two stories, and it is going to hurt her.

Obama's reverend is going to hang over his head like a bad raincloud for a very long time.

If I knocked on every politicians for blowing a story out of the water, then I would have zero people in our fine government to rely on even a tiny, tiny bit. If I hated a politicians every time they took a story to back their own message, then I would hate every single last one of them utterly and completely. Don't put yourself into denial by saying there is an honest person running for president.

I also find it terribly amusing that people are knocking on Obama for his reverend. I have racist family members. I have family members from all sides of the political spectrum. I have some friends and acquaintances who say some awkward things. Do I just dump them on the side of the road after all these years? I wouldn't. They are still my friends and family, even though I don't see eye to eye with them on a lot of things.

Want to bash Obama for being understanding about his Reverend? Then name every friend, family member, acquaintance that has said something awkward or just plain mean and maybe I'll bag on you for awhile. Beating on someone because someone they know is a little crazy is silly, in my opinion.

In my opinion, Hilary can't win the nomination. Obama will get the nomination, but doesn't have the vote to beat McCain because he doesn't have the older vote. No real biases against any of them, but that is just how I see it happening. I still think its pretty amazing a woman and an African-American have gotten this far. They may not win, but they got pretty close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Rider
You know what's sad? This topic is the embodiment of how easily people get distracted from important matters and focus on the bogus media-overblown nothings.
Gotta love the media and all the people who follow like, well..., followers.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > The girl can't help it.