lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who Would Win In A Fight To The Death?
Revan 32 58.18%
Exile 16 29.09%
Stalemate: Either both give up, kill eachother, or an Other answer to be explained in post. 7 12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Revan Vs. Exile
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #41
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Since the Exile rely on Force Bonds to acquire a Force connection, and Avery stated that they're alone, completely by themselves there, the Exile would be significantly weakened.

That said, the Exile could only possibly expect to win scenarios #1 and #2.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #42
JCarter426

The ending of K2 implies that the Exile doesn't need the bonds anymore, though (especially if you look through the cut content).

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #43
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Yeah, he/she don't entirely rely on his/she bonds, but it's still one of the Exile's strong points. I take this as a great disadvantage when he/she's alone.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #44
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
In my universe Revan is a LS woman and the Exile is a LS man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAvery
Scenario 1#: Revan and Exile meet in unknown space, so Revan decides to test the Exile to see if taking the Exile along for the ride would be worth while and not a waste of time and energy. This is a duel, not a fight to the death... simply a test of strengths. Who would win this first duel?

Scenario 2#: Both the Exile and Revan must fight each other, preferably only till one gives up but with all the intent to win in the world. They find that advanced Force powers like Lightning, Push, ect are all not working, so they must fight only with their lightsabers and their physical bodies. Who wins the lightsaber duel?

Scenario 3#: Both the Exile and Revan must fight eachother, preferably only till one gives up but with all the intent to win in the world. Both of them misplace or find their lightsabers unable to use. They must fight only with the Force and the Force alone, no physical combat at all. Who wins the Force duel?

Scenario 4#: Revan and Exile meet and end up having to face eachother for one reason or another to the death. This is all the way, no holds bar battle to the death to which there can only be 1 standing in the end. Who triumphs over the other?
1. In a very closely faught fight, Revan jus has the edge due to preperation beforehand.

2. I have always though and still do think that the Exile is a more gifted Saber duelist than Revan, so in this scenaria... the Exile wins.

3. I have always thought Revan to be the much more powerful force user... Revan wins...

4. I'm going to cheat.... As both are LS they won't fight

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #45
JCarter426

Well, the Exile's alignment hasn't been canonized yet.

I'm also of the opinion that the Exile was the better duelist, due to her ability to pick up on an opponent's style, and Revan was more likely the stronger Force user, but they're very closely matched.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #46
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426
Well, the Exile's alignment hasn't been canonized yet.

I'm also of the opinion that the Exile was the better duelist, due to her ability to pick up on an opponent's style, and Revan was more likely the stronger Force user, but they're very closely matched.
I did say in my universe While no expert on such things (canonising an RPG seems to me to be a ghastly idea) I thought the canon was; Revan LSM and Evile LSF. WHile my universe is Revan LSF and Exile LSM.

Aye they are closely matched but I do agree that Revan is stronger with the Force while the Exile is a better duelist.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #47
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
I did say in my universe
Ah, right.

Quote:
I thought the canon was; Revan LSM and Evile LSF.
LSM Revan, yes, but officially, the Exile's alignment has not been decided (they're leaving it up to the makers of K3, methinks). Though all odds point to LS.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #48
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
The ending of K2 implies that the Exile doesn't need the bonds anymore, though (especially if you look through the cut content).
Where?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #49
JCarter426

Kriea's whole "I want you to feel the Force again" rant, and the cut "When the exile enters the Trayus Academy, she will be faced with a choice. One path, assuming she survives, will allow her to save her friends, but she shall be the weaker for it." bit.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:58 PM   #50
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
1. How does what Kreia wants imply anything?

2. How does the cut one imply anything?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #51
JCarter426

1. Well, I'm assuming that Kreia was right. But we really don't know.

2. Meh...infer what you want. I take it to mean that the Exile would be stronger if she didn't rely on her companions (and their bonds).

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Revan Vs. Exile