lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [k1] new feats and a mod that includes all force powers
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
DraakStraal
Lurker

[k1] new feats and a mod that includes all force powers

I was wondering(this should be possible) if some one make a feat progression called Control of Mind. It could give you 1 bonus point per level(like toughness) in fortitude, will also it would give you and extra force point per level. the bonuses would increase up the progression tree.

Also it would be handy to a a mod that includes all force powers. mind you thinking right now it would be nice to have tsl feats and force powers for kotor
DraakStraal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
Xalard
Rookie

You can only add empty feats. You can give +1 fortitiude and give player feat at once by script, but I don't think you can do so by feat progression. Maybe you can do some script that checks if player have feat and give him +1 to fortitiude, but i never tried to script anything.
Adding new forces is possible, but again, it needs some scripting.
Xalard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
greggomonkey
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor
its possible just i dont think the feat one is or at least not if you can edit or mod really well

Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak
greggomonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
DraakStraal
Lurker

It seems possible to make new feats there is an example here.
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ic_Feats;84086

I would imagine that making a feat progression is similar to a force power progression.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #5
HdVaderII
I am le sad.

Current Game: Dark Forces. Yeah.
Having the same exact feats and powers as TSL, I'm sorry, is not possible, but there have been some mods that mimic the ones that are in TSL and not k1

Are you one of those poor Macintosh gamers that are in the possession of Empire at War, yet because of the scarcity of Mac players out there you have nobody to play against? If you are, PM me if you want to set up a game.
HdVaderII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #6
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraakStraal
It seems possible to make new feats there is an example here.
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ic_Feats;84086

I would imagine that making a feat progression is similar to a force power progression.
Incorrect, those 'Feats' are likely clever scripting/character or 'hide' item file editing... it is impossible to add a feat to the game that actually does anything like the ones shipped with the game.

Feat effects are hard-coded, there is no files/scripts to edit to alter what they do. Placeholder 'feats' and descriptions are possible but they can't ever do anything on their own.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2008, 10:19 PM   #7
DraakStraal
Lurker

okay so it s impossible correct?
Old 04-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #8
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraakStraal
okay so it s impossible correct?
*Wonders what my above post shows up like on his screen*

Short answer is yes, it is impossible.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > [k1] new feats and a mod that includes all force powers