lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: HK a Pacifist?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-18-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
Clint_johnston2
Rookie

HK a Pacifist?

Since for some reason I didn't kill the HK-50 on Peragus, I didn't get his part for HK. I was looking in the giveitem list to find it, and saw this

HK a pacifist? What is that, some kind of mod? I did a search over on filefront, but couldn't come up with anything. Ideas?
Clint_johnston2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Its a package you can by ingame, I think I bought it on Naa Shadaa... You install it
spoiler:
HK goes all lovey dovey, and you immediatly un-install it as he's so annoying.
Its quite amusing... you should try it out if you have the chance, or KSE it into your inventory.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
It's a (completely) optional piece to upgrade him you can get through the game. It triggers some funny dialog lines where he starts acting like a peace-lover. You, then, must take it off afterwards and get a few experience points.

EDIT: Posted at the same time, Jon.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
How did you get past the HK-50 on Peragus without killing him? I thought that you had to in order to advance the plot.

The Pacifist Package does not come into play until much later in the game.
spoiler:
You buy it from the Rodian merchant on Nar Shaddaa after completing her "new Trade Routes" quest.
And no, it isn't a mod.

EDIT: Ah, I see that some others jumped on this question as well.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
Clint_johnston2
Rookie

Not sure, but the blasted thing wouldn't die! So I ran up the stairs and moved on into the harbinger.

Speaking of the rodian merchant, never been able to properly complete her quest. I always get sidetracked. Oh well. Explains why I never heard of it. Any particular scenes where the pacifist side of HK is funny? Incidentally, nice fast replies!
Clint_johnston2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint_johnston2
Not sure, but the blasted thing wouldn't die! So I ran up the stairs and moved on into the harbinger.

Speaking of the rodian merchant, never been able to properly complete her quest. I always get sidetracked. Oh well. Explains why I never heard of it. Any particular scenes where the pacifist side of HK is funny? Incidentally, nice fast replies!
It doesn't stay in long enough to be in many scenes; so it has one scene with HK making a few funny comments then the PC saying; 'Right thats enough, its coming out' or words to that effect.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #7
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > HK a Pacifist?