lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Visas introduction video
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
Knight Of Honor
Rookie

Visas introduction video

I know this probably has been ask before, but how do you trigger the visas event? Im dark side, after Telos i visited both Dxun/Onderon then Nar Shadda. But it still hasnt happened?

When i played light side, i was visiting Nar Shadda as my first planet after Telos, and then the Visas scene was there at once.

Whats up with this?

I just need a answere, then you can lock this thread..

If we are all clones, why am i the only one with a sense of humor?
Knight Of Honor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
The Visas video is introduced only when you've already defined your alignment toward light or dark sides.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #3
Knight Of Honor
Rookie

But i really have, im almost as dark as it can get. So i dont really understand this.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Well, try traveling somewhere else now. If you're indeed that aligned, it should be triggered.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #5
JCarter426

There are three ways to do it, if I recall correctly.

The first is if you've reached 75% light or dark. I usually get the video right after receiving LS or DS points. If you haven't gotten it, look through your booleans in KSE. You might have unintentionally screwed something up (I did this with Visquis' message once).

You also get the video no matter what your alignment after reaching Level 15, or after finding/killing the second Jedi Master (whatever comes first).

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I've actually never gotten to the first Jedi Master before triggering the event.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
JCarter426

Me neither. I usually trigger it before I leave Citadel Station.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Same. I think it has to do with how light or dark you are, but if you're really dark then I don't know. I always play LS and I trigger it either on Citadel or afterward, on the first planet.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #9
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I've triggered it a few times on Telos, but I hated it. It made the story feel like it was going too fast.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #10
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
The Visas introduction scene is triggered when the Exile is either 75% light or 75% dark. You might notice that the cutscene always triggers right after an alignment gain.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #11
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

I've had it on Telos, as well, at different times, depending on where and what I was doing. Also, I've gotten it on Nar Shadaa. As I said, it all depends on what, and where I am.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #12
Knight Of Honor
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426
There are three ways to do it, if I recall correctly.

The first is if you've reached 75% light or dark. I usually get the video right after receiving LS or DS points. If you haven't gotten it, look through your booleans in KSE. You might have unintentionally screwed something up (I did this with Visquis' message once).
Yes, the same thing happened to me, what exactly goes wrong when you dont get Visquis message?

Old 04-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #13
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
^

Wrong? Nothing. You just haven't made a big enough mess to be noticed.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #14
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Honor
Yes, the same thing happened to me, what exactly goes wrong when you dont get Visquis message?
Oh, I've had it screw up big time. The problem was that I entered the Hawk at the precise time that I was supposed to get the message. So I never actually got the message, and Mira never showed up at the docks. Managed to fix it by editing one of the booleans with KSE so that I got the message "again".

Oh, and you can actually warp to the cutscene between Nihilus and Visas. Never tried doing it, so I don't know what happens or if it will solve your problem, but you could try. The warp code is 853NIH, I believe.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #15
90SK
Universal Figment

I don't think that will set anything off, boolean wise. It's just where they scripted the scene and filmed it.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:36 PM   #16
JCarter426

Yeah, I figured it might not. Still worth a try, though.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #17
90SK
Universal Figment

Yep. It's a cool scene to watch live anyway. Though I like it more with the music. Do you know the music for that scene is downloadable on the composers website? Along with some other music from K2.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #18
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90SK
Yep. It's a cool scene to watch live anyway. Though I like it more with the music. Do you know the music for that scene is downloadable on the composers website? Along with some other music from K2.
Which website?

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #19
90SK
Universal Figment

http://www.griskey.com/music.php

There's some really cool stuff there, from other games. I've often contemplated the legality of using it in K2 mods, since it's the same composer and it's free. But I've never really looked into it.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:49 AM   #20
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

I'd say ask someone on there, 90sk, and even put it in your own mod, but don't release it to the general public, yet. Or you could ask the people at the TSLRP about it, as well. I don't think you would be infringing on the selling of the music, but they could frown upon the redistribution of the music. But ask, it can't hurt.

Getting back on topic, though, the cut scene for Visas, and her master, come when you speak to Kreia about helping people out, for the first time, I think. I just caused it, when I was on Telos station. I think between that, and also my lightside stat, it happened. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't have happened until a bit later in the game. I think that a conversation, and your light/dark side rating factors in where the movie is played. Also, you can access any movie that you have uncovered in the main menu. That's something neat to see, once you have played through the game.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #21
Becca
Lurker

I got it by having full LS alignment [add Lightside cheat] :P and then i got a random quest and after i clicked the Journal Entry Added box off the scene started. I also start any conversation with someone and after the conversation the scene should trigger but if any of that doesnt work then im not sure what to do.
Becca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Visas introduction video