lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Stupid Telos criminal bounty mission
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-16-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
Clone L68362
Forumite

Stupid Telos criminal bounty mission

I'm playing through TSL again...and just like every time before on Telos, I had too many side quests and ended up ruining the bounty mission for the two criminals. So I used KSE and tried setting the quest ahead so that it was like I had seen them, hoping they'd appear on Telos' surface, but I don't think it worked...I'm not sure is KSE can fix it or not, though.

Am I screwed, or can I still do something? I don't have a save from before I got the mission.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #2
LukeDavis93
Rookie

you're screwed
LukeDavis93 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
Clone L68362
Forumite

I just thought of trying to talk to Grenn after setting the quest to the part where you see them run away in the Czerka offices, but when I talked to him there wasn't anything I could say. I guess that means there's nothing I can do, even cheating huh?

My sig is stupid.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
KSE can probably fix it... If you have the proper numerals and booleans. But perhaps this is more trouble than it's worth, and it may mess even more with your save.

Download the fix for that quest here.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #5
Clone L68362
Forumite

Interesting, didn't think Team Gizka did stuff like that. So what exactly should I do with it? Will I be able to get it work somehow or will it just help make it work better the next time I play the game?

My sig is stupid.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #6
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
I doubt it'll work now. Try it anyway. If not... Then I suppose your only hope is the Savegame Editor, which I already told you about the problems.

Anyway, why do you want to finish this quest so much? If this don't work, just forget about it this time.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #7
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

You know, you could just lie to Grenn and said you killed the bastards. Grenn would be so happy that he'll pay you money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #8
Clone L68362
Forumite

Oh great, now I don't want to start a new game because I want to try that K2RP mod, but the installation steps look way complicated. Can someone simplify that stuff for me?

My sig is stupid.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #9
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
I'm not sure I remember, but that mod does require that you download almost all the fixes on TG site. Do as the readme says and then extract the mod to the Override/modules folder. I'm sorry, if could post exactly what the readme says I could help you.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #10
Clone L68362
Forumite

Weird stuff...I'm downloading all the mods you need to get this to work and there's a second Override folder inside my Override folder. Everything in that one looks like cutscene stuff (but some of the files I don't even remember putting in there).

But another thing, the readme for the K2RP mod says not to download the criminals side quest fix...so does anyone happen to know if the mod fixes it itself or...what?

My sig is stupid.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:46 PM   #11
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone L68362
But another thing, the readme for the K2RP mod says not to download the criminals side quest fix...so does anyone happen to know if the mod fixes it itself or...what?
Probably it conflicts. But it shouldn't be much of a headache for you. There's plenty of restored content to try on.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:41 PM   #12
Clone L68362
Forumite

Son of a...they actually appeared this time in the Czerka office, and never showed up on Telos' surface. Forget it.

My sig is stupid.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:41 AM   #13
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

If you do all the side quest and then just before you go to the Exchange on the Citadel Station to do your thing go to Grenn and then ask him about the criminals...then go to Czerka you'll get the lil in-game cut-scene with Lorso and the criminals then do the Exchange thing right away, then depening on your choices defend one place from angry mercs then get going to the Telos surface and they should be there...if not

There is a dialogue option with Grenn about the Criminals that can make you complete it. It has happened to me where I asked about the criminals really early and then it was a few hours before I got to the surface and they were nowhere to be seen. Just wait before you go to the surface before you trigger the quest.
Beast-Thrasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2007, 12:58 AM   #14
Clone L68362
Forumite

Oh, I'm not gonna worry about that mission anymore until it's fixed by the pros. Right now I just need something that will tack a few more hours onto my game so I can get Mira and Bao-Dur to be useful Jedi...but I've pretty much only got Korriban left.

My sig is stupid.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:54 AM   #15
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone L68362
Oh, I'm not gonna worry about that mission anymore until it's fixed by the pros. Right now I just need something that will tack a few more hours onto my game so I can get Mira and Bao-Dur to be useful Jedi...but I've pretty much only got Korriban left.
Influence Guide

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #16
Clone L68362
Forumite

While I've got a topic for griping about things not working, how the hell do you get Pato Ado on Dantooine to give you those armor components? It's hard enough to beat that ****er, I'd at least like to know what I need to do.

Seriously...some of the crap that happened to me in the past ten minutes...pazaak is rigged.

My sig is stupid.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #17
xone12
Lurker

yeah have another problem well i am stuck on the same part but im still on the station and i cant get off ive tried everything that i know of plz help
xone12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #18
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
^ Try finishing all the quests with Czerka Corporation or with the Ithorians. Eventually, they'll take you to the surface.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:51 PM   #19
xone12
Lurker

oh ok
Old 12-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #20
xone12
Lurker

Ive done all the missions i can so far when i go talk to the leader of czerka all she says is stuff about the ithorians but she already said that she ould gett me a ship but she hasnt yet cuz i ant get into the docking bay
Old 12-28-2007, 05:50 AM   #21
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Have you stolen the Ithorian droid yet? Saved Lorso's ass from the Mercenary outbreak? After that, you'll be allowend into their docking bay.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:30 PM   #22
xone12
Lurker

I did tht they still wont let me in i did ALL of that
Old 12-29-2007, 05:23 PM   #23
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Strange. They should let you in on their private docks after that.

Refer here for more info.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:35 PM   #24
RevanBastila
Rookie

hmmm.....puzzleing,

hey Clone, i love ur pic.....lol

To Serve The Light You Must Be At Peace, To Be at Peace you Have To Love, To Love Is To Know The True Loved!!!

I Love You Bastila, You are My Queen !!!
RevanBastila is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #25
Yodafone
Rookie

Hmmm

Hmm - are you using the Xbox version? (Sorry - didn't read ALL the replies. :P)

Because I had those problem and was REALLY annoyed at it. I also searched in different FAQs and found either nothing or false information. But I solved it - and let me tell you how:

STEP 1.) Complete ALL quests with Ithorians. Do NOT go to Czerka asking them for info or stuff. And do NOT go to LT. Grenn UNTIL ALL Ithorian quests are done. The heck - don't even open the door to him. The final quest for Ithorians is protecting them from the Mercenaries, I think.

STEP 2.) When you have done the final Ithorian quest, go to Lt. Grenn and talk to him about the blaster in the Docks, from your first Ithorian quest. Make sure you have imprisoned that Duros merchant. If you do not this stuff - you won't be able to complete the smuggling operation on Telos quest later on.

Now, the Duros merchant is imprisoned, talk to Grenn ONLY about the escaped criminals and get the quest.

STEP 3.) Go to Czerka and see them talk to Jana Lorso and runaway from you. Try to run up and catch them. You won't be able too, but do it. Do NOT use any terminal to get to the docks. You MUST run all the way there. Now get to Telos surface with help from the Ithorians.

That should do the trick.

Hope this was helpful and that I explained well. Good luck.
Yodafone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #26
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

Ok, question here. I am about to try to get my gear from the droid, can't remember the name, at the moment, and find out that the Ebon Hawk was stolen. Now, if I just go from there back to Czerka, or the Ithorians, and do their quests, then go back to Lt. Grenn after that, I should be able to find the criminals coming out of Lorso's office, before I head down to the surface? Also, will they show up on the surface, as well? Ok, I asked two questions, for clarification purposes. I am playing the PC version, and I have installed the rzf criminal quest fix, which I found on file front.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #27
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
I think so, Strike. You have to fix and all.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #28
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

Actually, I followed all the advice here, and it worked. Basically, after you do the quests for either Czerka or the Ithorians, you go talk to Lt. Grenn. When you talk to him, you get the bounty hunter ones. Once you do the two you can do, you can go to the planet via the shuttles. Once there, you should find the 2 criminals, and then beat the crap out of them. Once you are done with all the stuff on Telos, and get the Hawk back, you can then go back to Telos, and talk to Lt. Grenn, and get your reward for the job.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:16 PM   #29
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Once there, you should find the 2 criminals, and then beat the crap out of them. Once you are done with all the stuff on Telos, and get the Hawk back, you can then go back to Telos, and talk to Lt. Grenn, and get your reward for the job.
Yeah, that's how it supposed to work. The problem, as you must have seen, is that not everyone could get the criminals to span.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:13 PM   #30
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

I think I found another glitch in the game. It happens after you agree, totally, to work with the Ithorians, rather the Czerk. I'm going to go with the last save I have, and try again, see what happens.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #31
JCarter426

If you agree to help the Ithorians before going to the Czerka office, the criminals will never show up.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 02:01 AM   #32
Frankwright
Lurker

In my most recent playthrough I didn't speak to Gren about the criminals until I had done absolutely everything else I wanted to do on Citadel station (having sided with the Ithorians and not visited the Czerka offices until I needed to borrow b4d4) and it worked fine.

I spoke to Gren, went straight to Czerka, they were there. Went back to Gren, told him what I had seen. Went down to the surface and their they were. After finishing and returning to Telos, spoke to Gren and collected the reward. After numerous previous playthroughs, however, I had never managed to get them to appear on the surface (most times they appeared fine in the Czerka office though).
Frankwright is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 02:22 AM   #33
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Bummer. Team Gizka used to have a fix posted on their site, but they've taken it down pending the completion of the TSLRP. I still have it if anyone wants me to send it to them.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 11:50 PM   #34
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

I think I pooched my game, though, trying to uninstall the Ithorian Cantina Mod. I think that was where the screw up happened. I think, though, that I'll use the mods I like, and not install it for a while. Maybe after a couple of games, try it, again. I don't think it's the mod itself, it could be a problem with uninstalling it. Anyway, live and learn.

*Edit* Yeah it was pooched. I went ahead and reinstalled the game. No problems so far.

Last edited by Sgt. Strike; 04-30-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #35
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankwright
In my most recent playthrough I didn't speak to Gren about the criminals until I had done absolutely everything else I wanted to do on Citadel station (having sided with the Ithorians and not visited the Czerka offices until I needed to borrow b4d4) and it worked fine.

I spoke to Gren, went straight to Czerka, they were there. Went back to Gren, told him what I had seen. Went down to the surface and their they were. After finishing and returning to Telos, spoke to Gren and collected the reward. After numerous previous playthroughs, however, I had never managed to get them to appear on the surface (most times they appeared fine in the Czerka office though).
There is a mod fix for this problem. It should make them appear about every time. I can't be 100% certain that they will appear, but if everything is done right, then they should appear.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Stupid Telos criminal bounty mission