lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Malak's height
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-24-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Malak's height

So I've read in several locations, including this board, about Malak being extraordinarily tall, similar to Vader... I was looking at profiles on Wookieepedia and just noticed that while Malak is tall, he's still shorter than Vader, and Nihilus is actually the same height as Vader (and therefore taller than Malak).
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2008, 11:10 PM   #2
Mace MacLeod
Food-based rocker

Current Game: World of Warcraft
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
k...

Be considerate to others or I will bite your torso and give you a disease!
Mace MacLeod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Didn't mean to bore you...

Basically, Nihilus >>> Malak
Old 04-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #4
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Vader (in his armor) is only .02 meters taller than Malak. Nihilius on the other hand, I don't know about...

If you ask me, Malak is NATURALLY taller than Vader [Anakin]. That is if you want to look at it from that point of vew.

Links--
Darth Vader
Darth Malak
Anakin Skywalker

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I always figured he'd be at about at least 6'2" - 6'5", that's basically an assumption I got from playing the game.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 12:21 AM   #6
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
This makes me laugh. If you really want to get the facts about how tall these characters are, let's look at this physically.

We all know that Wookiees are known for their height and they're over 7 feet tall, right?

Let's look at Malak and Zaalbar (excuse the RedRob41 skin I'm using for Zaalbar)

As you can see, Zaalbar is just taller than Malak, which would make Malak nearly 7 foot tall.

Let's look next at Nihilus and Malak.

Now you can see that Malak is barely taller than Nihilus. That means Nihilus is very tall too. All these characters tower over the majority of the characters in the game or do I need to post an example of that?

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 12:50 AM   #7
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7
Vader (in his armor) is only .02 meters taller than Malak. Nihilius on the other hand, I don't know about...

If you ask me, Malak is NATURALLY taller than Vader [Anakin]. That is if you want to look at it from that point of vew.
That's a good point - Anakin is shorter than Vader. I got Nihilus' height from wookieepedia. It's equal to Vader.

Heights according to wookieepedia:
Malak: 2.00 meters
Anakin: 1.85 meters
Vader: 2.02 meters
Nihilus: 2.02 meters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
This makes me laugh.

All these characters tower over the majority of the characters in the game or do I need to post an example of that?
I certainly didn't intend to get all technical - I just found it interesting while I was perusing wookieepedia and decided to share. After all, this might be the only place in the world where I could find people who actually care about stuff like this.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:27 AM   #8
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Well, 2.02 meters is around 6'8" in height.

Chewbacca is listed at 2.28 meters which is around 7'5" or 7'6". Peter Mayhew is actually 7'3" if you're wondering.

Vader is listed at 2.02 meters, even thought David Prowse is around 6'5", which means he is shorter than they're listing him.

Anakin being 1.85 meters is around 6'1".

I haven't seen a source for Zaalbar's height, but whatever it would say it would contradict a lot. Zaalbar is not much taller than Nihilus and Malak in the game. Yet Nihilus, Malak, and Zaalbar tower over Revan and others. The size difference is very significant and whoever did the height listings needs to seriously re-evaluate them.

On my file reviews on FileFront, when it applies, I've have always said that Malak is around 7 foot and based on the evidence I have shown, he is.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 02:16 AM   #9
JCarter426

I'd be willing to be real money that Wookieepedia is going by some outside encyclopedic source. *checks Wook* Yup, it's as I suspected--the Databank. And the Databank is notoriously spotty (more so than Wookieepeida ).

Also, I figured I should point out that Malak isn't really very tall in the comics, despite the joke about the repercussions of his visit to Dr Demagol.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 03:45 AM   #10
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I've pondered this myself, especially since the Hasbro toy is short, when we know the game puts Malak at like 6'10.
Is Nihilus even bound by a corporeal body though?, I'm sure he could be whatever height he wanted , Yea I think with his prosthetics Vader is about 6,8-9, Anakin was 6'1 as said before.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 10:38 PM   #11
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
I bet Nihilus smelled awful. I mean, his body is pretty much dead, it's probably just rotting under those robes. Yuck.

Quote:
The size difference is very significant and whoever did the height listings needs to seriously re-evaluate them.
Pretty much. I wonder how those listings came to be, anyway. Seriously, who thinks it up? Why is it even there? Nobody keeps track, it seems like such a pointless fact.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2008, 03:34 PM   #12
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90SK
I bet Nihilus smelled awful. I mean, his body is pretty much dead, it's probably just rotting under those robes. Yuck.
Yeah, I didn't need to hear that....
Quote:
Well, 2.02 meters is around 6'8" in height.

Chewbacca is listed at 2.28 meters which is around 7'5" or 7'6". Peter Mayhew is actually 7'3" if you're wondering.

Vader is listed at 2.02 meters, even thought David Prowse is around 6'5", which means he is shorter than they're listing him.

Anakin being 1.85 meters is around 6'1".

I haven't seen a source for Zaalbar's height, but whatever it would say it would contradict a lot. Zaalbar is not much taller than Nihilus and Malak in the game. Yet Nihilus, Malak, and Zaalbar tower over Revan and others. The size difference is very significant and whoever did the height listings needs to seriously re-evaluate them.

On my file reviews on FileFront, when it applies, I've have always said that Malak is around 7 foot and based on the evidence I have shown, he is.
Whoa, that is REALLY tall. That makes me think because I am only 5'8". Either way, all of these characters are REALLY tall.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #13
Lance Monance
Rookie

Lol I wonder where those websites get their information from when it's obviously not true. Nihilus taller than Malak? Mhm.
Lance Monance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #14
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
I always thought Nihilus and Malak had the exact same height. They seem to use the same model, and have the same movements, therefore...

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2008, 08:56 PM   #15
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
^
I never noticed that Ctrl. Your right...

Old 04-27-2008, 12:43 AM   #16
JCarter426

Malak has a bigger head, though.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:45 AM   #17
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
^
Very true. Very true...

Old 04-27-2008, 02:36 AM   #18
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
I always thought Nihilus and Malak had the exact same height. They seem to use the same model, and have the same movements, therefore...
Interesting... I never thought of that. That would bolster my opinion of Malak, for sure, b/c I have a strange fascination with Nihilus.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:32 AM   #19
Lord Spitfire

Quote:
This makes me laugh. If you really want to get the facts about how tall these characters are, let's look at this physically.

We all know that Wookiees are known for their height and they're over 7 feet tall, right?

Let's look at Malak and Zaalbar (excuse the RedRob41 skin I'm using for Zaalbar)

As you can see, Zaalbar is just taller than Malak, which would make Malak nearly 7 foot tall.

Let's look next at Nihilus and Malak.

Now you can see that Malak is barely taller than Nihilus. That means Nihilus is very tall too. All these characters tower over the majority of the characters in the game or do I need to post an example of that?
HOwever, notice that Zalbaar is crouching over in the first picture, so if he's seven feet hunching over I bet he's 7'6 in height, which would be right for a wookie.

Though I can ceartanly imagine that Malak is over seven feet - I always imagined Revan as around 6'2, so according to my imagination, it sounds right.

Let there be rock!

"I hope they realize that music is music, and that music is not a scene, not a style. Music is a beautiful ****ing thing to listen to. It is not a thing to ****ing preach to others about, it's not a ****ing cause. It is what it is—and that's a beautiful artform." - Synyster Gates

Check out my Fanfic:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: Embers of Destruction
Lord Spitfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #20
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Ehm...I'm thinking the limitations of the game engine are giving us problems here

For starters, I heared that Nihilus uses the same model as Malak, hence they have the same saber style. So...for that matter, they are actual clones! They must have had the same Jedi Master! *Gasp*

No really, I accept the limitations of this engine, and everything that is said in the official profiles and stories works fine for me.
Btw, Malak reached this unusual height and Coupde 'de Agent 47 by Demagol in the comics, right?

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #21
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Unsure, I know his hair didn't grow back properly after Demagol's musings, I'll check if his height is mentioned in the comics

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #22
JCarter426

He makes a joke about how he's a little taller, but he doesn't really look that tall (odds are that the artist never read the script).

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Malak's height