lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Abkhazia and South Ossetia
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-30-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Georgia And Russia May Declare War! (Previously "Abkhazia and South Ossetia")

These two indepedent de facto nations are Russian puppets, I'm not going to deny that. But they are also indepedent de facto nations, who want indepedence from Georgia. So, I'm for them, even though I know they are Russian puppets. Self-determination FTW.

The problem is, America doesn't, and neither does Georgia. And, now tensions are increasing alongside the border. There could be a war, as Georgia may seek to invade the Russian puppets, and, as a response, Russia will bring its awesome weaponary to defend its Russian Puppets.

It all started when Russia decided to establish formal relations with its Russian Puppets of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. The formal relations include that of military relations. It stressed however that the formal relations are not recognizing their indepedence, and it wanted a peaceful resolution to the crisis. Georgia and the United States disagreed.

Russia wanted military cooperation with the Russian puppets because all the citizens of Abkhazia and South Ossetia are also Russian citizens. Russia is pretty paranoid of Georgia, especially with Georgia targeting Russians, so it wanted to protect its Russian citizens.

(American-POV) http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jBS-HHA2vIBAbCFJmQVzJ_QGCN0w

(American-POV) Georgia accuses Russia of 'full scale military aggression'

(Chinese-POV) Putin issues instructions on relations with Abkhazia, South Ossetia

(Russian-POV) Russia warns Georgia could use force against Abkhazia, S.Ossetia

Yes, I know, this could be overblown. But I'm still worried of a war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here

Last edited by SilentScope001; 05-08-2008 at 02:33 PM.
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Now I'm getting really, really upset. We are about to be on the brink of a war in the Cacucus between Russia and Georgia (and maybe even NATO interveing)...and we focus on 'lesser events'. I retitled the topic to make it more clear. Here's the latest article.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe...ia.georgia.ap/

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
Web Rider

I hadn't even heard of this. Those small city-states in the Georgia region wanted to be independent nations is the last I heard from over there.

Doesn't surprise me though, Russia has a long history of this sort of thing. It's unlikly there will be any US intervention.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Doubt it will spread in any significant way. May provide leverage ops for our govt vis-a-vis the Russians, but I doubt much else.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
A civil war among the Russians... I highly doubt that anyone is goign to try to intervene if this leads to a miltiary conflict, not after the failure in Iraq, and the fact that Russia is one of the top world superpowers...

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
*Don*
Rookie

^^^
I agree with you.
America is in no position to intervene at this point. And I doubt that people will mind especially considering that Russia's been doing this for years.

"Any fool with a d*ck can make a child, but it takes a real man to raise one..."
- Boyz N The Hood
*Don* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > Abkhazia and South Ossetia