lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Is Revan Skywalker or "Exilie" Skywalker
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
HK-52
Rookie

Is Revan Skywalker or "Exilie" Skywalker

Well, is Revan Skywalker? He is (cannonicaly) the jedi who saved the republic, a great pilot, Dark Lord of the Sith, who redemed to save the republic.
Or, is "Exile" Skywalker? She is (cannonicaly) the jedi who was exiled because she had the Revan "Charisma" as a leader, starship pilot, the general that fought in Malachor V and Returned to save the republic and save the force
So that's the question; Is one of they a Skywalker?

Apology: Please sorry me for my grammar and my spelling, my translating protocols are obsolete.
(My motherlanguaje is spanish) (Mi idioma natal es el espaol [castellano])

Kotor: Revenge of Revan MOD site: http://kotorrevengeofrevan.wetpaint.com/
KotOR: Revenge of Revan Thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...=186405&page=1
HK-52 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I think it's quite a stretch to call either a Skywalker, especially the Exile. There might be some canon material that I'm not familiar with that defies what I'm about to say, but isn't Anakin the first Skywalker with force sensitivity? Anakin was born "of the force", without a father, and I'm not aware of any of Shmi's descendants that are force sensitive. I could be wrong though.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
@ HK-52: Shmi was the first known Skywalker (So far), do you mean as a Metaphor? Revan is canon male Light side and Exile is female and 'hinted' at being Light side, although no other material on the exile was produced.

I personally view Revan as LSM, and although I do play TSL now and again I don't care what the Exile is

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
How come you can tell their family by their deeds? And where did you hear that Revan and the Exile were pilots at all?

I would rather that they didn't have any connection with the Skywalkers. Why must everything on that damn big galaxy must be related to them?

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
"Well...we got a powerfull Jedi. Let's call him Skywalker!"

Revan deserves a family name of his own...I like the 'Revan' part more. It gives him some...mysterious look and feel. Giving him a name would only damage that 'feeling.'

That's the power of customising your own character.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #6
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
George Lucas, I believe, has forbidden any exploration of the Skywalker bloodline prior to Shmi. So no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
I think people forget what made Anakin Skywalker who he was. It wouldn't have matter if Anakin was a decedent of Revan or the Exile because that is not what made Anakin strong in the Force. What made Anakin strong in the Force was the fact that his father was the midi-chlorians.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #8
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
I think people forget what made Anakin Skywalker who he was. It wouldn't have matter if Anakin was a decedent of Revan or the Exile because that is not what made Anakin strong in the Force. What made Anakin strong in the Force was the fact that his father was the midi-chlorians.
Right - that's what I meant when I said he was born "of the force". There has been some speculation, however, that Darth Plagueis was the one who willed the midi-chlorians to conceive Anakin.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Yeah. I've heard some people say that it was Palpatine who created Anakin. Either way, Anakin didn't really have a father in the general sense of the word.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 02:30 AM   #10
Gavroche
Rookie

Rather than Revan or the Exile, with the whole Vector thing in the comics, one could seriously begin to think Zayne might be related to the Skywalkers.

Revan sure shares traits with both Skywalkers, but that's only because the first KotOR has a typical Original-Trilogy-like plot. As for the Exile... Hm. Can't see any trait that might relate her to the family. (And I still have hope that for once, the Dark Side story will be claimed canon...)

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 04:37 AM   #11
Corinthian
Banned

I'm inclined to believe that the forebears of the Skywalker family line were a series of moisture farmers or slaves on Tatooine and other sections of the Outer Rim Territories. I have a hard time believing that every pivotal character of every era has the blood of Skywalker in his or her veins.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 10:59 AM   #12
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
While from a fan's point of view, naming your character Skywalker (or even Kenobi) is quite fun, I don't think it really suits either Revan or the Jedi Exile.

In fact, the only characters I don't mind being related to the film characters are Lando's ancestor and the Fett ancestor.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #13
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
It's not the surname but the actions of the individual, Shmi: Slave who (by chance) was impregnated by the force... Anakin: Had it all, Flushed it down the drain... Luke: cleaned up the mess, realized his potential. If anything it was the Naberrie/Amidala maternal gene that lead to Skywalker name to be held at such high regard, by Mothering Luke and Leia, who with there inherited good nature, intelligence and bravery, undid there fathers failures.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #14
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
^
That is very true adam.

I personally don't think that either Revan or the Exile are part of the Skywalker family. I believe that Anakin Skywalker was the first Skywalker with real force potential (essentially the ability to use the force). It just makes sense that way.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #15
nine.roses
Rookie

Nevertheless, it would be nice to learn where the unusual name of "Skywalker" came from.

`
,,`,,
,,,,`,,
,,`,,
`
`
nine.roses is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 09:43 AM   #16
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I have an idea of that. It's awesome.

The name Skywalker came from the name "Skywalker", which is what someone's last name was.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #17
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Not that this necessarily means anything, but wikipedia states:
Quote:
Shmi's son, Anakin Skywalker, was apparently conceived by the midi-chlorians and born with the help of The Force, though her surname seems to imply the family has long been strong with the force.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #18
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
How does her surname imply anything?

Old 05-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #19
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I guess because it implies that somewhere along her ancestry there was a pilot who traveled enough to be known as "skywalker" - doesn't necessarily mean that it was a Jedi or a force-sensitive though. But it certainly doesn't fit for a family of slaves/farmers either.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #20
nine.roses
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
I have an idea of that. It's awesome.

The name Skywalker came from the name "Skywalker", which is what someone's last name was.
Yeah... really doesn't answer any questions. :P

I'm inclined to agree with Gurges; that the surname was derived from some ace pilot ancestor's nickname.

`
,,`,,
,,,,`,,
,,`,,
`
`
nine.roses is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2008, 07:41 AM   #21
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Revan and Exile are not long lost relatives of Anankin/Shmi, firstly how do we know Revan and the Exile had kids? And did there parent ammount to anything? If Revan and Exile didn't have Children, and the were the only Children of the family, how would any genes get past on. Also there is no evidence what so ever to suggest Revan and Exile werre related...

Given all the unkown it is highly illogical to think they are part of a Skywalker blood line. Furthermore, as others have said does every powerful force user have to be a Skywalker? Was Yoda really born of a relationship between Shmi's great great great great great great grandmother and a Hutt? I think we just solved what Yoda's species is!

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #22
DAWUSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
Revan and Exile are not long lost relatives of Anankin/Shmi, firstly how do we know Revan and the Exile had kids? And did there parent ammount to anything? If Revan and Exile didn't have Children, and the were the only Children of the family, how would any genes get past on. Also there is no evidence what so ever to suggest Revan and Exile werre related...

Maybe they had clone bodies stored somewhere... :P

But on that, I swear, if it wasn't for the fact that all clones were made from Jango, I'd be convinced that Scorch was a clone of Carth
DAWUSS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #23
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I think it's a rule that the clone troopers weren't allowed to be as wussy as him.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #24
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWUSS
But on that, I swear, if it wasn't for the fact that all clones were made from Jango, I'd be convinced that Scorch was a clone of Carth
That might have something to do with the fact that Raphael Sbarge (Carth's VA) voiced him.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #25
Lord Foley

I'm one who believes that it was Sidious, using the knowledge he took from his master Plagueis, who created Anakin Skywalker. I don't think there is any chance at all of Revan or the Exile being related to the Skywalkers.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Is Revan Skywalker or "Exilie" Skywalker