lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: X-Wing Collector's Series under WinXP
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-26-2004, 03:51 AM   #1
DocMutwill
Lurker

X-Wing Collector's Series under WinXP

Lemme start by saying hello to everyone here!

I installed X-Wing Collector series (X-Wing) on my Computer under WinXP (Home Edition-Service Pack 1).

The game runs fine in "software graphics" mode - even without setting the win95 compatibility flag.

However - if I try to run it in hardware accelerated mode it crashes to the desktop as soon as I enter any mission. I already fiddled around a bit with some of the settings - but no success yet.

This puzzles me a little since I heard it should run flawlessly under XP. Is there any kind soul around who knows how to fix this?

My graphics card is an Ati all-in-wonder. I can be more specific if it's required.

Thanks in advance for your time!
Doc
DocMutwill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2004, 02:50 PM   #2
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Doc

Unfortunately, this is a problem common with trying to run X-Wing 95, TIE Fighter 95, and XvT under WinXP. The games are expecting a different version of Direct3D (even though the XP version is newer). I don't know of any fixes (if anyone else does, please reply), so you'll have to run them w/o hardware acceleration.

Sorry.

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2004, 02:58 AM   #3
DocMutwill
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildstar
Doc

Unfortunately, this is a problem common with trying to run X-Wing 95, TIE Fighter 95, and XvT under WinXP. The games are expecting a different version of Direct3D (even though the XP version is newer). I don't know of any fixes (if anyone else does, please reply), so you'll have to run them w/o hardware acceleration.

Sorry.
Thanks for your reply, Wildstar!

After a more thorough investigation I came to the same conclusion. But I do encourage anyone who knows a fix: Please post it here!

At the moment I'm speculating about a WinXP/Win98 dual-boot solution... Does not seem to be easy either - XP is already installed...

Doc
DocMutwill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2005, 10:31 AM   #4
shadow250478
Lurker

so, its been 2 years allmost since these postings have been posted.. is there a sollution yet? i NEED to play the collector series under xp. help?
shadow250478 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2005, 10:38 AM   #5
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
shadow

Are you having the same problem DocMutwill was describing?

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2008, 12:45 AM   #6
Peaches_dc
Rookie

same for me too... but with XvT. In one of the newest posts here, there is a fix, but I'm trying to figure out if it will work with XvT. I'm going to try and download it and see if it works. I'll get back to you guys.
Peaches_dc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2008, 01:59 PM   #7
Peaches_dc
Rookie

LOL... dead post... sorry
Peaches_dc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > X-Wing Trilogy & X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter > X-Wing Collector's Series under WinXP