lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Most appropriate planet order?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-22-2008, 05:36 AM   #41
HaveFallen
Rookie

Wow, I have not intended for this thread to grow this big, so many results, and twists and stuff. I should take all of this down and choose the most chosen. Use it for my next game.
HaveFallen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2008, 10:43 AM   #42
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
Oh, I don't disagree, in many respects Nah Shadaa is the most logical planet to go to first, however I did say MY Exile As such he would hit Dantooine first; the academy he was trained at, and reminds him of his homeworld of Alderaan.
Just thought of another reason to travel to Nah Shaddaa first. Nah Shaddaa allows you the chance to change the Ebon Hawk’s transponder code. No use allowing every low life in the galaxy the ability to track the Hawk’s every move.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2008, 08:33 AM   #43
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin
Just thought of another reason to travel to Nah Shaddaa first. Nah Shaddaa allows you the chance to change the Ebon Hawk’s transponder code. No use allowing every low life in the galaxy the ability to track the Hawk’s every move.
Someone said it before, but I always find odd that Tobin is still able to detect the Ebon Hawk nevertheless.

Psst, it's Nar Shadaa.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2008, 11:13 AM   #44
JCarter426

As I said before, he could have just had a physical description.

But I see the reasoning. It doesn't make a difference to the player. However, the Exile wouldn't know that, would they?

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #45
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
As I said before, he could have just had a physical description.
Indeed, I've read that much too. But considering ship to ship comm usually takes from thousands of kilometers of distance, it'd be odd if someone actually saw them on the space, instead of just detecting and checking it's ID. It's even more odd when we consider the number of ships held at orbit on Onderon, why would they be checking visually ship by ship?

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #46
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del View Post
Indeed, I've read that much too. But considering ship to ship comm usually takes from thousands of kilometers of distance, it'd be odd if someone actually saw them on the space, instead of just detecting and checking it's ID. It's even more odd when we consider the number of ships held at orbit on Onderon, why would they be checking visually ship by ship?
Not that I think you could do it (think Helicpoter looking for a person); its very hard, but Vaklu, Tobin et al, were itching for a fight with the Republic, and were searching for any old excuse, so they would have been monitering everything much more carefully.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #47
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Well, but detecting a small cargo/smuggling ship between that sea of vessels don't seem that reasonable.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #48
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Why not? Ever play TIE Fighter? All you have to do is use a targeting/scanning computer to cycle through all vessels in the area until you find the ship you're looking for. If the name of the ship won't help, then look for the proper class of the freighter (in this case a Dynamic-class freighter).

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #49
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Also, keep in mind that it could be an integrated and coordinated search, such that it wasn't merely one source doing all the searching.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #50
JCarter426

And remember that the Hawk was stuck in traffic for a while; I bet Vaklu and his cronies staged the blockade knowing that the Exile was headed for Onderon, tipped off either by his Sith allies or Atris.

As TKA-001 said, it wouldn't be difficult to pick out the Hawk, considering that it's of a rare class of ship. And as Totenkopf said, the general probably had all his manpower searching for the other general.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:48 PM   #51
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Psst, it's Nar Shadaa.
Not the way I say it. Thanks.

Quote:
It's even more odd when we consider the number of ships held at orbit on Onderon, why would they be checking visually ship by ship?
I always took it with the blockade they were visual checking each ship before they would allow it to land. So I never really had a problem with the logic of the Hawk being detected.
Quote:
And remember that the Hawk was stuck in traffic for a while; I bet Vaklu and his cronies staged the blockade knowing that the Exile was headed for Onderon, tipped off either by his Sith allies or Atris.
Were they just looking for the Exile or were they seeking to keep anyone out that might be loyal to the queen?

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #52
Melly

Quote:
The dock officer that greets you on Onderon and gives you your starport visa says that the military is searching every ship for anything that could be considered treasonous and that the blockade had been going on for over two months which is quite a while before the Exile came back to Republic space. They were especially searching Republic vessels, which is why the beasts are backing up in the streets, because the Ithorians couldn't get through the blockade to pick them up (being Republic ships). And if you go by what the Handmaidens said in one of the cutscenes they (and Atris) lost track of the Ebon Hawk.

"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Melly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #53
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
I see all your points, and that likely what has happened. It still looks a bit odd, though. A strike of bad luck for them.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:02 AM   #54
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
I do Dantooine first - always something of a chore. Of course, since I always play DS now, that means I have to fight Vrook at approximately level 15 or thereabouts. Mines are, of course, a necessity xD

I then do Dxun/Onderon > Nar Shaddaa > Korriban > Back to D/O > Telos > Malachor.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #55
DAWUSS

Nar Shaddaa (as Atton, B-4D4, and Telosian passerbys mention it a bunch), Dxun, Dantooine, Korriban
DAWUSS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #56
Lord Foley

I always do Dantooine, Onderon, Nar Shadaa, Onderon, Korriban. Dantooine is my favorite planet and Vrook is my favorite master, plus Dantooine always feels calm and easy to me. I actually don't like Nar Shadaa that much. Usually I feel kinda bored there. Depends on my mood, though, I guess.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2008, 11:10 AM   #57
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
When I first bought the game, I did Dantooine, Korriban, Dxun/Onderon and Nar Shaddaa.

On future plays, I then did Dantooine, Dxun/Onderon (or was it Nar Shaddaa first?) and Korriban.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #58
JCarter426

Quote:
I see all your points, and that likely what has happened. It still looks a bit odd, though. A strike of bad luck for them.
Hey, the Exile has an army of hunter-killer droids, two Sith Lords and their legion of assassins, one crazy ex-Jedi schutta and her albino handmaidens, a galactic crime syndicate, and a death-worshiping cult after her/him. You think the Exile has any good luck?

Old 05-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #59
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
^ Granted. But that's if you believe on luck. I reckon there's only the Force.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #60
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
What death-worshiping cult?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

Old 05-26-2008, 07:27 PM   #61
JCarter426

The GenoHaradan (yes, I know they were cut ).

Old 05-26-2008, 08:02 PM   #62
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I wasn't aware that they worshiped anything.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #63
Melly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Atton was supposed to have told you that someone else had taken over the GenoHaradan and changed the way they work. So they weren't the same as they were in K1. But, like JCarter426 says, it was cut. I'm actually glad it was, because it sounds kinda stupid to me.

"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Old 05-26-2008, 08:37 PM   #64
JCarter426

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't get that feeling from K1 either, but here's a bit of the cut dialogue Melly mentioned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atton (cut)
A bunch of death worshippers, assassins, but they'll gladly take credits to further their religion. That's institutions for ya.

The GenoHaradan used to be nothing but two-credit hitmen in the times of the Jedi Civil War, but somewhere along the line, something changed.

Some say when Revan came back, the two had dealings, and it showed them a new purpose. Another thing to thank Revan for.

[...]

It stopped being just about credits for them. It was like they had determined it was their mission to help the galaxy die. Zealots.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #65
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
What doesn't make any sense to me is how Atton even knows that they exist. They're supposed to be a secret society, and Atton, of all people, knows not only of their existence but also their affiliation with Revan? Even the prospect that he knows somebody else who knows that stuff is rather thick if you ask me.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #66
Melly

Well,
spoiler:
Atton himself was an assassin.

~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Old 05-26-2008, 09:44 PM   #67
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
spoiler:
I know that, but he was a Sith assassin.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #68
Melly

Quote:
spoiler:
Exactly. You don't think that made him privvy to a little more information than your average Joe? Besides he's probably familiar with darker circles of people who know about the GenoHaradan or at least had heard rumors about them.

~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Old 05-27-2008, 04:39 PM   #69
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly View Post
Exactly. You don't think that made him privvy to a little more information than your average Joe? Besides he's probably familiar with darker circles of people who know about the GenoHaradan or at least had heard rumors about them.
Agreed. They are, after all, colleagues on the profession.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:05 PM   #70
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Hey, the Exile has an army of hunter-killer droids, two Sith Lords and their legion of assassins, one crazy ex-Jedi schutta and her albino handmaidens, a galactic crime syndicate, and a death-worshiping cult after her/him. You think the Exile has any good luck?

Well......he's not totally devoid of good luck. He's got a pocketful of his own jedi/sith, a crazy assassin robot progenitor, a twisted manipulative force adept that seems to fly under most people's radars and access to a ragtag group of mandos. Call it even, I guess.

Also was thinking that a change of leadership in the GH would have led to some instability and a little knowledge of their existence creeping out into some corners.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #71
Lord Foley

Quote:
He or she had the good fortune of being able to defeat all of them and come out of it one of the most powerful Jedi/Sith in the galaxy. Some people deserve to have everyone out to kill them.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #72
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
Psst, it's Nar Shadaa.
Really?

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #73
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
Well......he's not totally devoid of good luck. He's got a pocketful of his own jedi/sith, a crazy assassin robot progenitor, a twisted manipulative force adept that seems to fly under most people's radars and access to a ragtag group of mandos. Call it even, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Foley View Post
He or she had the good fortune of being able to defeat all of them and come out of it one of the most powerful Jedi/Sith in the galaxy. Some people deserve to have everyone out to kill them.
Yes, I suppose you're both right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
Psst, it's Nar Shadaa
Really?
And you're both wrong. Nar Shaddaa--three As, two Ds.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #74
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
three As, two Ds.

let's settle this, I thought it was two "A" and two "D" Nar Shaddaa

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #75
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

^^ That's still 3 A's

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #76
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Right - I meant by the end of the word.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #77
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I figured as much... I just wanted to be annoying.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #78
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurges-Ahter View Post
I figured as much... I just wanted to be annoying.
And so was the purpose of my previous post.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #79
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Hey at least we're on the same page, then.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:37 PM   #80
ElecManEXE
Rookie

I normally pick 2 party members and use them throughout the entire game, when I have a choice anyway. So I usually base my planet order on getting my chosen party members as early as possible. Which usually brings me to Nar Shaddaa first, since you get more than half the characters who only join on specific planets there (counting HK-47 since I believe you can only get the chassis from the warehouse encounter).

Beyond that, I tend to just pick the order randomly depending on my mood, maybe throw in a little RP if applicable. This play I'm using G0-T0 as a party member and so I figure I should go to Onderon and Dantooine to "stabilize" them. And Onderon has a more urgent situation, so I went there first.

I almost always save Korriban for last. No party members to be gained, a bunch of pretty difficult (compared to others, anyway) fights, and quite a small amount of other rewards. Influence is nill, not much loot, and hardly any light / dark side gains.
ElecManEXE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Most appropriate planet order?