lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Exxon to sell all of company’s gas stations!
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-12-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Arrow Exxon to sell all of company’s gas stations!

Exxon to sell all of company’s gas stations!
Title is straight from the headline itself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25126563/

Quote:
HOUSTON - Exxon Mobil is getting out of the retail gasoline business, a market where profits have gotten tougher because of high crude oil prices.

The world's largest publicly traded oil company said Thursday it will sell its 820-company owned stations and another 1,400 outlets operated by dealers to gasoline distributors across the U.S.

The Irving-based company didn't disclose financial details but said the transition will take place over a "multiyear period."

However, motorists will continue to see Exxon and Mobil stations throughout the country. About 75 percent of its roughly 12,000 stations in the U.S. are owned by branded distributors. Exxon Mobil will still sell gasoline to those stations and get paid for the use of its name.
Someone is worried about getting into trouble for price gouging.



R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
I don't see how Exxon is price gouging given that they've been within a reasonable range of most other Gas Stations.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
tk102
Well past expiration date
 
tk102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,766
Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
There was good episode of Charlie Rose on Tuesday night about oil and a discussion about the future of big oil companies. The conclusion by Charlie's guests was that the big oil companies were now in a period of long-term liquidation of assets, shrinking their operations as they fail to find new oil sources. This stands in comparison to small- to mid-sized oil companies who are using more innovative techniques and becoming profitable.

Exxon specifically was mentioned in regards to their recent shareholders meeting where discussions about their expenditure of buying back their own stock as a short term boost was now hurting themselves in the long run.


http://www.charlierose.com/shows/200...e-price-of-oil @27:30


tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #4
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
I think they should nuke the middles east except for our allies (of course) and take over the oil there that will end the war with a BANG!


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #5
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
I think they should nuke the middles east except for our allies (of course) and take over the oil there that will end the war with a BANG!
And that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Hasn't anyone ever told you about MAD?

I'm also wondering who you're going to send in to work the oil fields after we set off that nuclear explosion.

Thanks in advance for your response.

_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2008, 01:52 AM   #6
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
And that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Hasn't anyone ever told you about MAD?

I'm also wondering who you're going to send in to work the oil fields after we set off that nuclear explosion.

Thanks in advance for your response.

_EW_

Slant drilling.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102 View Post
There was good episode of Charlie Rose on Tuesday night about oil and a discussion about the future of big oil companies. The conclusion by Charlie's guests was that the big oil companies were now in a period of long-term liquidation of assets, shrinking their operations as they fail to find new oil sources. This stands in comparison to small- to mid-sized oil companies who are using more innovative techniques and becoming profitable.

Exxon specifically was mentioned in regards to their recent shareholders meeting where discussions about their expenditure of buying back their own stock as a short term boost was now hurting themselves in the long run.


http://www.charlierose.com/shows/200...e-price-of-oil @27:30
Huh. I did not know this. Charlie Rose on WHGH has interesting guests. Maybe he will repeate the episode. I will keep my eyes open. Thanks TK.



R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > Exxon to sell all of company’s gas stations!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.