lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [TSL]HK-50 not exploding on Telos
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
Gavroche
Rookie

[TSL]HK-50 not exploding on Telos

Okay, the first time I thought it was a random bug, but now this is the second walkthrough I find this problem (and there has been a reinstall between the two walkthroughs), so something's wrong.

Here's the deal: In the underground base on Telos, you find a damaged HK unit that you can repair so that it will a splode right at your face. That is the second time I repair it and it won't a splode. It just won't move from its initial place.

I wonder where the problem could come from? Does this mean my game is broken or something?

I want HK-50 to a splode

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
Master Shake

Current Game: kotor 3
This always happens to me too

But then again I do have a lot of mods installed and it isn't really a big part of the game.
Master Shake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
Gavroche
Rookie

Well I just installed TG's fixes, Achilles' Rebalance, the Prologue/Peragus/Harbinger Correction Mod and the brand new M4-78 Mod. Nothing that could conflict, I think.

And whether it is a big part of the game or not is unimportant, if my game is broken, I'd rather know it.

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Personally, I never understood why they put that HK down there in the first place. It literally doesn't do anything except explode.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Personally, I never understood why they put that HK down there in the first place. It literally doesn't do anything except explode.
Saying out loud the factory was supposed to be there before it was cut.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
But why was the damaged HK still there?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
ElecManEXE
Rookie

I've had it go into an "unresponsive" state a couple times as well. Might be mods, might be a bug. Its not really a big deal, it doesn't actually do anything important. Just leave it there.

As for why it's there in the first place... a clue about the presence of the HK factory. As to why its damaged, that I don't know. Maybe one of the guard droids shot it after it left the HK factory, or maybe it was damaged in a cave-in (IIRC its found by a caved in passage).
ElecManEXE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #8
MacTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElecManEXE View Post
As for why it's there in the first place... a clue about the presence of the HK factory. As to why its damaged, that I don't know. Maybe one of the guard droids shot it after it left the HK factory, or maybe it was damaged in a cave-in (IIRC its found by a caved in passage).
Maybe it was purposefully put there by the HK's searching for the exile to try and cripple him for capture since it explodes as it follows him. But i agree that it is definently a clue to the factory.

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > [TSL]HK-50 not exploding on Telos