lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Overly Emotional? [Spoilers]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #121
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Given the extent of the damage incurred by the jedi civil war, I'd be surprised if TSL had taken a somewhat less murky direction than it did. Rushing it to market did hurt the game, but it's still pretty good nonetheless (despite its many flaws/gaps).

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #122
Lord Foley

I play dark side more often than not. Rofl.

Seriously, though, I tend to see the game more like reading a book written in the first person rather than me actually doing things. Sometimes I think the story can be more compelling when the protagonist is the bad guy. Though normally I roleplay, and don't have him do random irrational evil things just because he's evil.

When I play light side, I find myself having a hard time putting up with some people. Sometimes it's just more satisfying to chop the guy up.

When I first played KotOR, I was playing very light side up until Malak told said that PC was Revan. Honestly, that moment made me feel very used, and I finished out the game Dark Side. It actually played out very well, seeing as the last planet was Korriban, the perfect place to drag Revan down when he was vulnerable to seduction.

The Sith Lords was pretty Epic for me too- when I played that one, I felt like the Exile was not a good person from the beginning, and he went Dark right away. But the way I played the game, I wound up defending Kunda, or whatever it's called, and Vrook actually lived when I killed all the other Jedi. I felt a little bad when I went to face him at Dantooine and he said "I know what you have done to the others."

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #123
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I agree that playing DS makes more sense in some situations, but I often feel like playing DS means being a thug in K1 and K2. There are some interesting parts when going DS, but most of them seem to involve ruthless & meaningless killing, which bothers me when I'm attempting to play as I think I would act if it were me.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #124
Lord Foley

Yeah, like I said,
Quote:
I roleplay, and don't have him do random irrational evil things just because he's evil.
I like evil characters to have motives rather than just saying "Give me your credits or you die" to everyone.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2008, 07:47 PM   #125
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Foley View Post
Yeah, like I said,

I like evil characters to have motives rather than just saying "Give me your credits or you die" to everyone.
Agreed - that's why I have a problem going full DS.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2008, 09:09 PM   #126
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Yeah. The dark side in KOTOR has no character.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #127
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
I did get very emotional when seeing the tragedies that happened because of acts I took. They weren't real, but I still felt it. I thought the games Kotor and kotor II were better than the movies and I loved some of the fanfics that came from them.

In "Return from Exile" By machievelli, there were times when I cried because of the strength that Visas and the Exile had after she met with the Council. When Visas said that she would protect the exile with her life, she wailed "That's what they said!" That was painful to read and I could almost feel like I was part of the story. Although that's from a fic, but was based off the game.

I also took great satisfaction when I convinced Yuthura Ban to leave the Sith. It makes me smile every time I save her. The story of each game were well done and better than the original trilogy.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #128
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Blatant, exaggerated self-glorifying Mary Sue fanboyism? Nδ, not at all!

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

Old 06-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #129
Ben Bryddia
Rookie

Yes, indeed the Leviathen hurt. But the nI felt the same way after losing Jan in Dark Forces II, or maybe that was just me worried about how I would survive the freighter crashing.

"Raking is easy, but all you get is leaves. Digging is hard, but you may find gold.”
-John Piper

“Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.”
-God

"Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!"
-Feanor to Morgoth
Ben Bryddia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #130
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Bryddia View Post
Yes, indeed the Leviathen hurt. But the nI felt the same way after losing Jan in Dark Forces II, or maybe that was just me worried about how I would survive the freighter crashing.
Losing Jan in Dark Forces II(I think it should actually be JK II) is THE INCENTIVE for me to go DS in the first playthru. I am trashing anything and everything after that scene.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #131
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
But Kyle deliberately κills Jan in the Dark Side path in Dark Forces II. Seems a little contradictory to me.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Overly Emotional? [Spoilers]