lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What kind of lightsaber duelist were you?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-12-2008, 02:36 AM   #81
Ben Bryddia
Rookie

1) Canon Lightside Female (or as close to canon as I can get) I prefer the sentinal/Watchman classes, though I may also choose the Counselor/Master combo.
2) Ossus Keeper Robe (since I consider the master robes ugly. They make me look fat as well. ) I also go with the Sesaresh circlet and Jal Shey gloves and belt.
3) Dual wielder here. I use a cyan with the Exile's crystal and Ruusan crystal and a silver or orange with the most lethal crystals I can find, often I also use the ultima pearl or the Ankares sapphire.
4) Form? The highest of the Force related forms or Soresu.
5) The Sith Lords made all other weapons obsolete. As Dissan would say, the Force is a weapon in Star Wars games and I treat Force lightening as my #1 weapon. Lightsabers and the like are only for the early stages before I get my Force stamina levels up and learn all the powers I like to play with. After that, I'll get the buffer powers, stongest to weakest as I'm able and I may grab Force Scream or Stasis Feild powers for amusment. I hate that about the Sith Lords; none can stand against you: where's the challenge in that?

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

"Raking is easy, but all you get is leaves. Digging is hard, but you may find gold.”
-John Piper

“Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.”
-God

"Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!"
-Feanor to Morgoth
Ben Bryddia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2008, 03:09 AM   #82
Lucian Hawke
Lurker

1) My first two times through TSL, I played a Sentinel/Watchman. I really had no reason why, other than balance. I'm getting ready to start a new character though, and this time I'm thinking Sentinel/Weapon Master (Sentinel for skills, Weapon Master to make dual-wielding actually worth it).

2) As far as my robes go, I can't even remember. Jual-Shay Master Armor, maybe?

3) I used a single-bladed silver lightsabre, with high mass criticals and damage vs. darkside.

4) I don't remember now. Maybe after I get this new character rolling, I can re-submit my answers.

5) I used the Speed/Defense/Valor combination, along with Battle Meditation. My primary crowd control power was Force Wave.
Lucian Hawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #83
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
well, i've posted here before, but my strategies seemed to have altered somewhat

Jedi Consular. Usually no prestige, because i play the 'grey' side, or as grey as i can get anyway. or darkside sometimes, but never 'evil bugger' darkside. just manipulative, so with the ds options being what they are, i usually end up being grey anyway.
Robes, though i've been trying to make my own sort of Luke Skywalker utility tunic for a while. then my computer needed reboting and i sort of lost the drive >.>
single green. i'm a jacen solo fan
good question. depends on the situation i guess. probbably something defensive.
i stand back and force lighting/wave/choke/stun things and let my heavier characters do all the grunt work.

much fun
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #84
cralexns
Rookie

1) What classes are you?
Jedi Guardian / Sith Marauder

2) What items do you equip? Did your Exile wear robes or armor?
Strength enhancement items and heavy armor, I think it was a Mandalorian armor with around +12 and various resistances.

3) What kind of lightsaber do you wield? Single, Dual, or Double-bladed? And what color?
Dual-wield, one normal and one short. Red!

4) What Lightsaber form do you use the most?
Aggresive in conjunction with Master Fury or the one that is good versus many opponents. I did change my form on occasion to reflect what I was facing, primarily on bosses.

5) What Force Powers do you use to augment your saber skills? Or did you just use the Force as your blade?
Seeing as I was striding around in the heaviest of heavy armor I only really bothered with using one forcepower and that was the mass push, forgot the exact name.

Pretty sweet to jump from opponent to opponent cutting every single one down instantly while being an almost invulnerable tank! I specifically cherish the part where you assault the castle and have to fight your way upwards on a slope through I don't know how many enemies. Instantly killing every single enemy while force jumping my way up the ramp was pretty funny and that area was cleared so fast that I had to wait for my companions at the top, even managed to miss a trigger or something - at least one of them started a cutscene telling me about how I should clear this and that while I was already standing at the top with no enemies still standing! ^^
cralexns is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #85
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
1: Jedi Guardian/Jedi Weaponsmaster
2: Custom items I made from modding, robes, no headbands, cause all the headbands look like crap. Gloves that did 200+ unstoppable bonus damage, super-regenerating implant that boosted skills by 100 each and gave 50 FP regen and 50 HP regen, belt that makes me invulnerable to everything, armbands that do all kinds of cool stuff... etc, etc...
3: Dual Sabers, Viridian.
4: Makashi, Soresu, in unison with attack stacks of power attack, flurry, critical strike, repeat.
5:Custom force powers edited from the New high level force powers 2.0-2.1 mods, also the multiple force crush mod... Usually Force Chain lightning, mulitple force crush, force destroy, force suppression...

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #86
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Red > Standard

1) I usually took Jedi Sentinel, since I wanted plenty of force powers as much as skill in normal combat. The prestige class was usually Jedi Master or Watchman, for the same reasons.

2) I typically wore Jedi robes for the first few play-throughs, but I later decided to stick with Baron Do Sage robes, which look pretty awesome (I like the dark red colouring) and give better bonuses than regular Jedi robes anyway.

3) Single blue lightsaber. It's what's for breakfast.

4) Typically the one for use against multiple blaster-wielders (forget the name).

5) Any buffs I could possibly get. Force Enlightenment, Master Battle Meditation, ect. Obviously, I had force heal (although it would've been better if it had more severe penalties for dark siders, forcing them to use the much more appropriate drain).

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2008, 03:37 AM   #87
lord-nihilus
Rookie

1:guardian
2:Anakin skywalker skin
3ne blue lightsaber
4:shi-cho simple but effective especially with lightsaber wielding opponent
5:i do not use force powers i can defeat any opponent with two strikes.
lord-nihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #88
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
1) Jedi Guardian

2) Dual long lightsabers. Robes

3) two single sabers. Silver or Viridian.

4) What ever I happen to choose

5) Force heal. A lot.

I also modded the the living crap out of KOTOR 2, so there's a ton of crap that messes with things from the battle system to how lightsabers I can wield.

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #89
Gothic90
Rookie

1) What classes are you?
Consular -> Weaponmaster, male

He has Battle Precognition and very high WIS for defense, so he wears robes.
Plus the Jal Shey/Zeisho Sha armor don't really look good. AND Ossus keeper robe really offers some good wisdom and charisma plus a underlay slot.

Other items, Saresh Circlet, dominator gloves, CNS strength belt/Jal Shey meditation belt, Nomi's armband, mandalorian power shield and physical boost package. What else?

3) What kind of lightsaber do you wield? Single, Dual, or Double-bladed? And what color?
Double-bladed, Cyan.
After installing USM I switched to dual-sabers. One green and one pink. Both fully upgraded.

Form VII: Juyo
Force potency
Form II: Makashi

5) What Force Powers do you use to augment your saber skills? Or did you just use the Force as your blade?
Force Enlightenment
Energy & Force resistance

Then, if there are too many enemies, I zap them with force storm.
Sometimes I use force wave or static field to disable enemies since I installed the difficulty option mod and some enemies really have their firepower.

Last edited by Gothic90; 04-06-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Gothic90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 07:20 PM   #90
patient_zero

For my LSF, Len Krath

1) Sentinel/Watchman. Means I don't have to worry about who I bring along to dungeons if she can personally open all the doors, pinch all the mines and set all the robots on "Meet and Greet".

2) She used the Zeishon Sha armour until the butt guard began to restrict her dex bonus. I then moved on to wearing Makutai robes (The ones using the chunky master model). I can't remember what accessories she had, though I do know they all gave dex boosts.

3) Double-bladed ice blue saber (From one of the "plethora of lightsaber colours : D" mods)

4) Erm... What was the default one again? If there was ever a situation where one was desperately needed, I was probably too busy struggling for survival to switch to it.

5) Force Storm for fighting groups, Battle Meditation as the buff, Heal for stopping Bao Dur from sacraficing himself to the cannocks.

---

For my DSM, Nicholas Macen

1) Guardian/Maurauder

2) Began by poncing about in heavy armour for as long as it was viable not to use force powers (I always wondered why there was so much heavy armour in this when only Disc/HM can wear it by default and they're both easily jedifiable). Then moved on to a dark jedi knight robe, and dressed all his sidekicks in dark padawan robes to make them remember who's boss. Wore Sith Power Gauntlets, can't remember the rest of his gear.

3) Dual-wielded lightsabers. One green, one red. Green was the only crystal that he had lying around to construct his first saber, after sticking a red one on it to enhance his evil status I decided they looked pretty together.

4) The default one, though I made a habit of killing the Jedi Masters with their own lightsaber forms.

5) Used Force Storm for kicks every once in a while, and burst of speed for travelling long distances because there's no "transit back" in TSL.
patient_zero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #91
JCarter426

1) Sentinel/Watchman for LS, and I usually go Sentinel/Lord for DS (just for the title )

2) Armor: the best Jal Shey or Zeishon Sha armor I can find, upgraded with BioRestorative underlay and Energy Resistance overlay. Other items: Anything that boosts Wisdom, Dexterity Constitution, or vitality regeneration.

3) Two lightsabers (one short), viridian and cyan. Last time I played (was DS), I stuck with one silver lightsaber, to make things harder. And in my current playthrough, I'm a gunslinger.

4) I really only use the Force form that allows for increased FP regeneration.

5) Push/Whirlwind/Wave, Shock/Lightning/Storm, Slow/Affliction/Plague, and stun/stasis/stasis field (if LS), or fear/horror/insanity (if DS/if I have enough FP when LS--usually late in the game). And after Dantooine when DS, just Force Crush, and nothing else.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #92
DarthAve
Yeezy

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
1) Jedi Sential/Weapons Master

2) Other than a good Mandalorian Melee Shield and my Petra Velani Armband, Darj Jedi Padawan Robes.

3) Double-Bladed, with any of the following crystals, depending on my mood: Silver, red, violet, veridian, blue.

4) Don't really use any.

5) Force Storm (The base of the "DarthAve Battle Method"), Battle Meditation, Heal, and Kill.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2008, 07:38 AM   #93
Jacob Dakari
Rookie

1.) Jedi Sentinel/Weapons Master or Jedi Master

2.) My Exile wears the Jedi Master Robes, she usually doesn't have any items equipped other than a couple of arm bands though...

3.) She wields two yellow/orange lightsabers. (depends on what mood I'm in, usually it's yellow, but sometimes I'll switch to orange )

4.) Makashi Form

5.) I use the Force as much as I use the blade... especially Battle Meditation and Force Lightning...

Jake's Website
"Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 'In your anger do not sin': Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold." Ephesians 4:25-27 (NIV)

"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
'In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it.'" Isaiah 30:15 (NIV)
Jacob Dakari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #94
JCarter426

Is Battle Meditation really helpful? I usually give it to Kreia, but I can't really tell if she uses it, or notice its effects...

And I always go as high as Master Speed, but usually the enemies die before I get a chance to use it.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #95
Jacob Dakari
Rookie

You'll know she uses it if a green aura surrounds you and your teammates, and it is very helpful... it can mean the difference between life and death against some enemies...

Jake's Website
"Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 'In your anger do not sin': Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold." Ephesians 4:25-27 (NIV)

"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
'In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it.'" Isaiah 30:15 (NIV)
Jacob Dakari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #96
Gothic90
Rookie

The default one is Shi-choo. I actually think in the basic forms Makashi is the most useful and you'll feel it when fighting Nihilus. His defense seems much higher than the other two Sith Lord, especially if you install mods that increases difficulty.

Battle meditation is good but it only lasts 20 seconds. I usually let my teammates do such work. Give them such powers as Battle meditation & Master Valor & etc, and set them to Jedi support.

Since I usually play LS I do not give my teammates a lot of DS powers. The exile has tons of FP and alignment penalty does not matter, but alignment penalty for the exile's teammates can be quite a pain.
Gothic90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #97
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

I may get flamed for this, but I play TSL heavily modded. The last time I played through, here's the list:
1) I chose Sentinel/Watchman.
2) The <Full name's> robe mod, which was found in the room, on the Harbinger. (Mod of course, and which one depends on the situation, because one gave additional persuasion, the other was more for fighting.) And the other other gear found in the same container.
3) I used two weapons, almost always, usually swords. At first I used one prototype vibro sword, one prototype vibroblade, with one pair for people, the other for droids. The sabers, again two, one to do major damage, the other to deflect.
4) I like nimen, Soresu, and a couple others, depending on the situation.
5) I use almost all LS Force powers, I prefer Destory Droids, Force Wave, Force Confusion, and Stasis Field. I like using stealth, Force Confusion and then Stasis Field to get my enemies to kill each other, without me getting in the middle of the hassle, all the time. Does better with human enemies than with droids. Maybe add something for droids as mod, or even KOTOR III?

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #98
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Makashi. Why? Dooku uses it, and I like meeting enemies blade on blade, in single combat.

Shame you can't do a 'Makashi salute'
Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 03:50 AM   #99
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Strike
I like using stealth, Force Confusion and then Stasis Field to get my enemies to kill each other, without me getting in the middle of the hassle, all the time. Does better with human enemies than with droids. Maybe add something for droids as mod, or even KOTOR III?
This is one of G0-T0's unique abilities.

Also, Force Confusion is bad, very, very bad. You don't get XP if the enemy you "confused" dies. BAD!

Old 04-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #100
followtheblind
Lurker

1) Sith Lord

2) Dark RObes

3) Single, Viridian

4) The one that works well against jedi

5) Lots of force choke
followtheblind is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2008, 03:10 AM   #101
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Light Side

Class
*Usually Jedi Watchman

Fighting Style
*Usually with a Double-Bladed Silver Lightsaber

Force Power of Choice
*Battle Meditation

Dark Side

Class
*Sith Lord (either gender)

Fighting Style
*Twin Red Lightsabers

Force Power of Choice
*Force Crush

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #102
CK51
Rookie

Current playthough:

1-Guardian/Jedi Master - great combo you get the power of the Guardian andthe foce forms of the Jedi Master
2-Echani Heavy armour then Jal Shey Neophyte Armour then Ossus Keeper Robe
3-Single Bladed Green Saber, then single bladed viridian one.
4-Force Channel usually.
5-Wave, Force Storm, Battle Meditation and Statis Field

OR

1-Sentinel/Jedi Watchman -best balance
2-Some dodgy green robes I found which were good
3-Dual Sabers - Blue and Red, very unorthodox
4-Niman, best overall form.
5-Force Wave, Battle Meditation, Drain Life
CK51 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #103
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
1) What classes are you?

Jedi Guardian / Jedi Master / Sith Lord

Robes. DS I use Jedi Master Robes off Vrook, LS I use any robes I obtain. But, armor for the Duel Circle.

Single. DS. Red, or Purple. LS any colour except red usually.

Juyo from the Jedi Temple mod with the Flurry feats.

Lightsaber purely, but I use Force Storm and Death Field for multiple enemies. Master Force Heal and Master Revitalize too. I usually use the Force Blaster deflection thing too.

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #104
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

1) What classes are you?

Jedi Guardian / Jedi Weapons Master

Heavy Armor upgraded as much as I can get it. I also wore Gamorrean Gauntlets and any other equipment that boosted strength and/or defense.

Dual lightsabers, 1 silver and 1 orange. I also used viridian instead of orange for a little while.

Mostly Makashi.

I mostly used Force Wave since it's not restricted by armor, and force heal of course. I always had either Kreia and/or Visas in my party for more force usage, especially DS forces like force storm and death field.
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #105
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Third update lolz.

1) What classes are you?
Sentinel/Sith Lord. i enjoy falling to the dark-side. mwahaha.

Almost exclousively Dark Jedi Robes, jedi and sith. i modify them to be even darker, and the model is the only one that doesn't make my dude/dudette look fat

Single, always. usually green or purple at first, moving on to red once i'm a Sith.

Force channel/Force potency. yummay.

I use debilitating powers like Wave, Affliction, Statis Field and damaging powers such as Lightning, then go medieval on their asses with a 'saber.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2008, 08:09 AM   #106
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
1) What classes are you?
Sentinel/Master or Weapon Master

Usually a Standard Jedi Robe (or Ossus Keeper Robe), with (If constitution is high enough) Immunity D-Package, Exchange Utility Belt and Automation Gloves

Single and Green, if its Good enough for Yoda, Qui-Gon and Luke, its good enough for me, (I have a back up double bladed purple though) as unlike some Jedi, I have two lightsabers, incase I loose my first...

Depends on the enemy Usually Niman, if I have it or Juyo.

I'm always a goody good lightsaber, so usually buffing powers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
and the occasionally Force Wave.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 01:38 AM   #107
Darth_Voldemort
Lurker

In my current playthrough:

1) What classes are you?
Jedi Guardian/Weapon Master

Exile's Jedi Robe (from a Mod)

Dual Wield: Blue and Green

As before, the one that boosts blaster-deflect

Stasis Field, then Force Confusion on whatever non-stunned opponent is left.
Darth_Voldemort is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 02:36 AM   #108
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
This is one of G0-T0's unique abilities.

Also, Force Confusion is bad, very, very bad. You don't get XP if the enemy you "confused" dies. BAD!
It's becoming one of my favorite techniques, massive stealth, and Force users get Confusion, unless it's only supposed to be for the main PC, and then KSE it in. That is one of the most useful, yet under used, of the Force Powers. Oh, Stealth run and Master Speed to get you on target, fast, then hit the target with Force Confusion, and run away, if need be. Done right, you can clear out a room of baddies in little to no time. Of course you do get the XP from the ones that your "ally" kills, but you lose XP when it dies.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2008, 04:46 AM   #109
linxx_
Rookie

1) What classes are you?
Jedi Sentinel/Watchman

Zeison Sha Initiate Armor/ Matukai Apprentice Robe/Zeison Sha Warrior Armor or Mandalorian Battle Cloak.

Right now Single Yellow blade, but will switch to Dual Weilding Yellow and Silver if i can find a silver crystal or a Double Bladed Silver saber.

Shien/Shii-cho/Niman.

Force Wave, then Stasis Field and sometimes Force Scream to finish the weaklings off
linxx_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #110
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
1) What classes are you?
Jedi Sentinel/Weapons Master or Guardian / WM

I aim for dexterity if I use the sentinel path. I favor the universal implant, dominator gauntlets, and aratech echo belt. I favor dark jedi knight robes most because the defensive attributes of armor are not worth losing force speed and force storm.

Dual short lightsabers with green or Viridian blades. If I can, I have two sabers to augment wisdom and blaster deflections backed by a saberstaff for all out attack.

Juyo. Overall, I find that form is negligible for the game.

Force speed is a must. If I'm against many opponents, I use force wave to disable some of the enemies and finish with Storm or with sabers.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2008, 01:54 PM   #111
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
I thought that I already replied to this thread, but I guess I didn't so here it goes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SykoRevan View Post
1) What classes are you?
Normally Sentinel. Otherwise I go with Guardian/Master or Consular/Weapon Master because I think that those classes give you a well-balanced PC.
Quote:
My Exile normally wore robes, but I do have a modified Jal Shey armor robe. For robes, I use Jedi/Sith, normally.
Quote:
I normally go with dual because togather they are more powerful than a double-bladed. Modified that it. My colors? Blue/green/violet/red. Depends on my mood.
Quote:
Depends on what situation I am in.
Quote:
Force Enlightenment.

Other force powers?
  • Force Wave
  • Force Storm
  • Heal
  • Death Field (depends on if I am DS or LS)
  • Dominate Mind
  • Battle Meditation
  • Force Body? (the one that Restores your party members after they die)
  • Destroy Droid (for the final level)

I'm sure that there are others that I don't remember. I am probably going to start a new game today.

Last edited by Rev7; 07-05-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Forgot a tag
Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > What kind of lightsaber duelist were you?