lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who was the most difficult enemy?
Darth Malak 39 39.80%
Bastila Shan 1 1.02%
Rancor on Taris 15 15.31%
Marl 1 1.02%
Bendak Starkiller 12 12.24%
Calo Nord 7 7.14%
Darth Bandon 5 5.10%
Gadon Thek 2 2.04%
Sherruk 7 7.14%
Other 9 9.18%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Strongest Enemy
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #121
Jedil3thal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padawan View Post
Dont know... but for me Calo Nord was the most difficult ... I dont know if is it by the level of my character of simply because he has a damn shield and med packs that dose not lemme kill him! ... still ... he was the strongest for me.

Really I just use 2 force powers and hes dead

Weapons are helpful accesories but your skills are how you act In battle but to win strength is your greatest ally
Jedil3thal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 03:56 PM   #122
Robondacob
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
First of all, I also didn't realize about the synthesized odor the first time.

But he's not unbeatable. If you have a lot (and I mean alot) of mines, you can use Mission (or the PC) to go into stealth mode and then place them all around him. Turn off the stealth, and then run to where the Rancor cannot get you. This will cause him to hit the mines.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat until he's dead. It's possible - I do it for fun when I replay the game now.

_EW_
The point is that the Rancor is the strongest. I said that the toughest was the war droid in the basement garage of the Vulkar Base.

The Rancor is impossible to kill without gernades, mines, or synthesized odor.
Robondacob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #123
mur'phon
Whale eating vegetarian

Forum Veteran 
sgt.strike: try challenging Calo before Daviks estate, then tel us how you beat him

Checking out seems not to do much.
mur'phon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #124
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Sherruk, the leader of the Mandalorian raiders on Dantooine. He's easily at least the seςond-toughest mother****er in this game, save for the ones who are invincible. I attacked him and his men with my party. His guards were dispatched easily enough, but he took out Bastila and Carth in two or three hits, tops. I had no excuse. It was on the easiest difficulty, and I used mod-added weapons and other equipment which was highly formidable against every other enemy encountered, and he just laughed it off. My lightsaber? Useless. The Desert Eagles added by the mod? Minimal damage. Grenades? I might as well attack him with spitballs.

I retreated, placed a crap-load of mines, lured him into them, and was dismayed at how little damage they did. I repeated this process until I was out of mines. Soon I ran out of grenades. Force powers added by mods were no good.

True story: It took about five shots from the instant-kill pistol to take him down.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 04:42 PM   #125
Jedil3thal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
I voted Darth Bandon, but only because I'm stuck on a battle with him on Kashyykk right now. It's the first time I've really been stumped in the game.
It was kinda easy though unless you have Shem's super enchanced mod installed

Weapons are helpful accesories but your skills are how you act In battle but to win strength is your greatest ally
Jedil3thal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #126
mur'phon
Whale eating vegetarian

Forum Veteran 
TKA: Strange, as I wrote earlier, I didn't know he existed before reading this. Have you checked how easy he can hit you, just reloaded a save and he couldn't touch me.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:01 PM   #127
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Strike View Post
I actually voted the rancor as the hardest, because actually, with some work, Calo Nord is fairly easy. <snip>.
You didn't really think this through did you; if you failed to defeat Calo at this point you would be dead and never would have completed the game

Challenge him when you meet him in the lower city and see if the above helps you beat him

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #128
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Mur: I don't know how to explain it. All I know is that for me, that's how the fight went. I know I didn't have a difficulty mod put in, but maybe his strength was the side-effect of a mod I forgot about.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2008, 02:48 AM   #129
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

I'll reinstall the game, eventually, and load up my mods, and I will let you know. As near as I can tell, Calo Nord is only difficult because of improper weapons mix, I think. The droids are also tough, but careful use of grenades and ion weapons will make short work of it.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2008, 04:32 AM   #130
mur'phon
Whale eating vegetarian

Forum Veteran 
It's not improper weapon mix that is the problem, instantkill ability on both blasters + invulnerability is the problem, though you are welcome to try.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:43 AM   #131
Istorian

Helpful! 
I voted the Rancor, because I was low-level when I first battled it, and I had to throw a grenade to it, hide, throw grenade, hide etc.

When I ran out of grenades, I used the button "Return to Hideout", bought some more grenades from the Twi'lek merchant, and Transit back.

Malak was only the most Time Consuming enemy, I believe

|Istorian|

Istorian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #132
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istorian View Post

Malak was only the most Time Consuming enemy, I believe

|Istorian|

Doesn't take as long when you allow all those Jedi he has captive to be come one with the Force. If your guy is good with a lightsaber, and you got some medpacs just in case, the fight is quite short. I didn't realize how short it could be until I started not using Jedi Consulars each time.

Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #133
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robondacob View Post
The point is that the Rancor is the strongest. I said that the toughest was the war droid in the basement garage of the Vulkar Base.

The Rancor is impossible to kill without gernades, mines, or synthesized odor.
Yeah, and Calo is impossible to kill. He's got min 1 hp and insta-kill blasters.

So it makes him the strongest. That's all I'm saying.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #134
Robb Stark
Rookie

I went with Gadon. Small room, two peeps hitting you with Power Attack. Even if you're planning ahead and drop a cryoban grenade, it's hard to get enough damage done on the other before Gadon gets free and starts wailing on you. Frag grenades in a tight space can also be a nightmare. Honestly, I actually dread this fight when I decide to back the Vulkars.
Robb Stark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2008, 11:30 PM   #135
Robondacob
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, and Calo is impossible to kill. He's got min 1 hp and insta-kill blasters.

_EW_
But then he is not impossible on the other planets. There is only one Rancor (the other ones are young rancors I believe), and it is the strongest and impossible to kill using blasters/melee weapons. Plus, using blasters doesn't require strength, it needs accuracy. That is unless you want to be literal and say that pulling a trigger takes strength.

I don't think that invincible enemies should be counted in this poll. Then you would have to include others (like the Sith guard on Taris that guards the elevator to the Undercity) and that would be very very bad.
Robondacob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #136
Ben Bryddia
Rookie

My friend Dave had told me the best way to kill Malak was to jun around and chuck your sabers at him. It really made Malak an easy chap to destroy. Bandon and Calo really weren't problems for me either since I always bring the 'saber twirlin' ladies with me. Honestly, I voted Bendak because I couldn't beat him no matter how hard I tried on any setting but easy. I was about as high (level wise) as you can be without having killed the Rancor in the sewers.

"Raking is easy, but all you get is leaves. Digging is hard, but you may find gold.”
-John Piper

“Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.”
-God

"Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!"
-Feanor to Morgoth
Ben Bryddia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #137
Darth Hord
Rookie

For me it depends who was with Calo or Bandon that determined how hard it was for me too kill them was who they were with. The selkath on Manaan with them was an easy win but is a lot harder on Korriban with them being accompanied by the dark jedi.
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2008, 04:03 AM   #138
Istorian

Helpful! 
Quote:

_EW_
Nice point!! I haven't considered this fact...

Istorian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #139
greggomonkey
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor
Darth Malak? I defeatd him with a stun baton wearing mando assault armour
(and a few life support packs)

Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak
greggomonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #140
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Malak is truly the most difficult enemy to kill because his physical stats are pumped beyond reasonable. He has been given too much armor(Which should also have restricted his force power like Bandon's). His strength and constitution may be accurate, but his wisdom and agility were WAY too high.

It's easy to beat him with the electrical capacitance belt, but without it... his wisdom and physical attributes were simply beyond reason. That's why I declared it was Malak.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Strongest Enemy