lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: E3 '08=confirmations or not?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #241
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Since when?
I think he means that Avellone has an idea where he wants K3 to go because he wrote all of the foreshadowings present in K2 (i.e. true sith)

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #242
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Oh.

Personally, I think some of the plot points of K2 were hinted at back as far as KOTOR 1.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #243
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Source View Post
Given the nature of this finding, I thought I would visit the forums.
It's been far too tranquil without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Source
Our article in question: EA's to Play in Knights of the Old Republic Article

Oky, I'm going to point out some interesting stuff:
#1 - This is a blog.
#2 - The writer of the blog is reporting about another individual's interview.
#3 - The blogger is very wordy in quoting.
#4 - Who the hell are protfolio.com and N. Evan Van Zelfden? What are their credentials?
Ok, I'm going to point out some interesting stuff:

#1 - Yes this is a blog, a medium which, given the advent of the internet and its real-time nature, has been used to break just-released news relating to entertainment, gaming, pop culture, etc. to the general public.
#2 - It isn't clear who performed the interview, but it is clear that Riccitello was speaking to a member of Portfolio.com. So whether or not it was the blog writer who interviewed Riccitello, it took place under the auspices of Portfolio.
#3 - So what? Are lots of big words hard for you to follow? He's quoting what Riccitello said verbatim, which is why it is in quotes.
#4 - Portfolio.com is owned by Condé Nast, a worldwide magazine publishing company. Portfolio.com's mission statement indicates that it is a highly-selective business-oriented news site.

N. Evan Van Zelfden appears to be a blogger contracted by Portfolio.com to report gaming industry news on E3. His specialty is the business of video games and he has written on the subject for such reputable news sites as Reuters and Business Week. I think he might just know what he's doing.

Quote:
Unless he talks about himself in the third perspective, the writer of the blog is telling you, “My friend told me he had an interview with a famous person…” Any type of article that uses the friend-of-a-friend line has to be taken with careful analysis. If I was the one to report this news, I would have taken this as a bad sign.
Uh, you obviously have not been reading published interviews for very long. Whenever a news site or paper has an interview with a celebrity/PR person/CEO/etc., they will almost always identify themselves with the name of their publication, not the actual name of the interviewer. This is for stylistic effect, so the reader isn't confused by two sets of names. Since Portfolio.com carries itself as a serious business news site, it would only make sense for them to report news in this style.

Quote:
Anything this guy says is not true.
Just because your name says 'Source' doesn't mean what you write is factual content. I would trust the words published on a reputable news site more than I would trust your ridiculously reasoned bluster.

Quote:
Originally, the writer starts off by quoting Riccitiello. When it comes to revealing the Lucas/BioWare game title, he stopped quoting the guy word for word.
No, he didn't.

Quote:
Instead of continuing with the actual quoted words, the blog writer just fills in the blanks without proof.
No, he didn't. Do you see the quotation marks around the sentence? In journalism, that means they are quoting the interviewee word for word. Just another tip for you to help you in your reading.

Quote:
Not to mention that his quoted line is wordy. Whenever someone uses extensive words in a quote, they are usually making it up while writing.
Right, because that's a central journalistic tenet. Make stuff up by using a lot of words! Thanks for letting us know, we'll be sure to look out for wordy articles now, because they'll be lying to us.

Quote:
What!? After Riccitiello tells you he cannot say anything, the interviewer just fills in the blanks for everyone.
For the umpteenth time, no the interviewer does not. And of course Riccitello isn't going to show his hand right away, not at this early phase of the game. He can however, confirm its existence, which he does.

Quote:
Sorry people, this is not an actual announcement of anything.
Again, your username is going to your head. Unless you work for LucasArts, Bioware or EA, you have about as much credibility as navel lint.

Quote:
Until we hear something official from Lucas Arts or BioWare, I would just take the article as a grain of sand.
That's fine, but don't debunk an article like this on such slipshod reasoning.

Quote:
Since we are at the height of E3, someone just wanted to stir up some buzz. If EA, BioWare, or LucasArts were to make an announcement, they would have chosen someone well known by gamers or Star Wars fans.
Uh, he's the CEO of Electronic Arts, one of the biggest video game publishers in the world and you're saying he's not good enough?

Quote:
Its a fake.
The only thing fake here is you, coming in and stirring up trouble. Quit it.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 PM   #244
cire992

Rogue Nine, that was an epic pwn! Thank you for doing us fair, balanced, no spin viewers a BIG favor.

Makes me wonder, though. What's LA's PR plan...
cire992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #245
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
{NINER RETCON!}

Seriously, Niner? Greedo shot first?
<3 Niner.

Thanks for the quick lesson in quotation marks that we obviously so desperately needed.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'

Last edited by EnderWiggin; 07-21-2008 at 10:27 PM.
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 10:53 PM   #246
correllian_thug
Rookie

The only problem i have about the MMORPG is the cost, being on a disability pension, i neither have the money to get decent internet nor pay monthly for a game 'IF' infact that is what they will do. that being said i cannot really rubbish the idea of an MMO, for above reasons i've never touched one. Also im not one to believe that an MMO and an SPRPG of a title can't live together, sure it may mean a bigger wait for the next SP game but doesnt mean its not gonna happen
correllian_thug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 11:43 PM   #247
cire992

^ Depending on the situation, you may not need to wait. Who knows (but the bearded one)?

... Wonder how the MMO will implement Gizka...

Uh... yeah, we need an rpg.
cire992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 11:46 PM   #248
RyuuKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cire992 View Post
Rogue Nine, that was an epic pwn! Thank you for doing us fair, balanced, no spin viewers a BIG favor.

Makes me wonder, though. What's LA's PR plan...
<3 Rogue Nine

Good question. I can't WAIT to see how they're gonna spin this so people will forget the implied promise of KotOR 3 to play an MMO instead (almost certainly with monthly fees).
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > E3 '08=confirmations or not?