lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New PC.IGN screenshots.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-05-2001, 08:46 AM   #81
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

Quote:
Originally posted by nykel:
<STRONG>I like the idea of 360degree shots, you could get a better view and idea of the game enviornment.</STRONG>
I think the 360degree shots are the next generation screenshots. They are pretty cool and make the screenshots feel much more in the gameing environment and not just looking in from the outside.

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2001, 09:19 AM   #82
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
the gamespy pictures are much better quality. look at them instead

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2001, 11:49 AM   #83
Celestial

w3rd.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2001, 04:14 PM   #84
ed_silvergun

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by X-Vector:
<STRONG>Perhaps it would be fairer to compare apples with apples though.
Here are some screenshots from a 'rival' Q3 engine game in development that *does* IMO sport quite a bit more texture detail than the current JKII shots</STRONG>
No, that's apples and oranges. Wolfenstein has been in development so much longer than JKO it's completely unfair to compare the two.

As to reading too much into the captions, yeah, I know it probably is, but it was just a quick observation of a slight discrepancy. I wasn't jumping to any conclusions.

Galactic Plumberman - For All Your Liquid Needs
ed_silvergun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2001, 05:44 PM   #85
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

When JK2 comes out nothing will rival it. But then Unreal 2 comes out and that is totally amazing and has much better graphics. Then to counter this the Quake 4 engine will be made....its like a constant battle

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2001, 08:33 PM   #86
X-Vector

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by ed_silvergun:
<STRONG>No, that's apples and oranges. Wolfenstein has been in development so much longer than JKO it's completely unfair to compare the two.
</STRONG>
I know RTCW has been in development longer. I've mentioned before that I understand the JK 2 shots are taken from early work in progress, I was merely pointing out what can be done with the Q3 engine (comparing apples to apples).
Hopefully *when it's finished* JK 2 will look as detailed texture-wise as RTCW does now.

This is the reason why I am saying I can't get too excited about those screens yet, but I hope I will get a thrill from the ones that will be released further into development.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Dark Forces Forever!
X-Vector is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > New PC.IGN screenshots.