lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Nihilus Vs Darth Malak.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #41
Burnseyy
Forumite

I hate both of them.
but Nihilus was boring, at least Malak spoke English

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #42
Talak Sana
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Foley View Post
Malak is a far more developed character, though I was really touched when we got that one insight into Nihilus's core beliefs when he said, "Rofghahdstjhadnfag".
Thanks Foley, I think I finally understood what Nihilus was trying to say or the language he was speaking. He's just a bad l3375p34k3r.

- Talak Sana
Talak Sana is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #43
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
I despised Malak because he was so two-dimensional and greedy. I used that word properly because that's all he ever was. I enjoy getting rid of him at the end of KOTOR and... I just despise the character. He acted like Darth Vader, but he had no tragic past that lead him to the darkside. He was just just a plain fallen jedi with a lust for making himself seem more important than he actually was.

Nilhilus was different... the fact he was faceless and mute was much more intimidating. Malak was loud and obnoxious... Nilhilus was a silent death. I think his character could have been so much more, but the story didn't make him the 'ultimate villain' in KOTOR II and they missed the chance for a very different enemy from the standard 'all powerful sith lord.'
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #44
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Yes, KII could have done so much more with Nihilus. I was actually shocked when I fought Nihilus before Sion - I thought for sure Nihilus would be the ultimate enemy at the end. There was just so much left untold.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #45
Talak Sana
Rookie

I remember playing KII for the first time and after defeating Nihilus, I was fairly disappointed, because The only thing I knew or saw of hi was found in that cut scene with Visas and the confrontation. Oh... and that little that Kreia told me about him.

- Talak Sana
Talak Sana is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2008, 10:53 AM   #46
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Yeah, I was disappointed too. There was a lot of great potential story-line with Nihilus that just wasn't unearthed (unmalachored?). As for the question from the OP though, I still liked Nihilus more than Malak, because Malak is a douche.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Nihilus Vs Darth Malak.