lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Juhani vs. Visas Marr
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #41
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

My first time through I Jedi'd no one. That's why I always used Visas and/or Kreia in my party. I later realized I had Brianna ready to Jedi, when I screwed it up by getting too close to Visas. I screwed up Mira's from the start. I never talked to or used Atton.

This time through I haven't gotten far enough to Jedi anyone, but I at least know how to do it (with the help of an influence guide).

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #42
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurges-Ahter View Post
I screwed up Mira's from the start.
Screwed up Miraīs? Did you lose a ton influence with her or something? All Iīve ever had to do to jedify her was talk to her. Despite what many guides say, you donīt have to take Mira to Onderon to get enough influence (Just in case yourīs says you have to.)

I find that Handmaiden and Disciple make the best jedi. Atton and Mira make okay jedi. Bao Dur is the hardest to jedify but he canīt wear robes so he is severly limited.

-HOP

Viva La Resistance!
HIGH ON PIE 14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #43
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Yeah I think I messed up during the initial conversation with Mira. I tried too hard to hit on her, which didn't go over that well with influence.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #44
bally3000
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect trilogy (again :3)
haha i did well and got infulance n stuff =] shes great as a jedi lol but scary as a sith lol

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

The rule of two -
One to embody the power,
And,
One to crave it
bally3000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #45
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Quote:
Yeah I think I messed up during the initial conversation with Mira. I tried too hard to hit on her, which didn't go over that well with influence.

Oh, I didnīt know that hitting on her lost influence...geez mine must be like zero with her right about now. Actually some computer and demolition skill points can help with influencing her. Yeah she is scary (in a good way) as a sith. Blood red hair and all that.

Always found Atton the hardest, as I always manage to piss him off in Atrisīacadamy.

-HOP

Viva La Resistance!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #46
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Yeah the problem was I didn't know you could turn anyone into Jedi, so I never bothered much with trying to gain influence. I was just saying what I would really say in that situation.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #47
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Well at least you played your first game free of outside influence. I found out Kreia was the baddie before I even bought the game. Not that it wasnīt obvious from the first second you saw her. Good luck with all the jedifying!

-HOP

Viva La Resistance!
Old 08-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #48
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Yeah I kind of assumed she was too, but I did have my doubts throughout the game. I had already been on the forums here, but I stayed away from TSL section and only participated in the K1 section. I'm glad I did.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #49
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
It is to hard to judge a contest like this because it could go either way. But off the record I am more of a Juhani fan then a Visas fan. Mostly because Visas is to much of a downer then Juhani is

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #50
Burnseyy
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH ON PIE 14 View Post
Well at least you played your first game free of outside influence. I found out Kreia was the baddie before I even bought the game. Not that it wasn´t obvious from the first second you saw her. Good luck with all the jedifying!

-HOP
I never took Kreia out with me - second I got a chance to leave her out of my party, I did.

on my first play through I didn't get them all to be Jedi - I got Atton, Disciple and Mira, but not Bao-Dur. He was soo difficult to jedify. And you'd have thought, out of all of the others, he'd trust your character more!

Quote:
You can lose influence for that? I didn't. On the male Exile of course...

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Last edited by Burnseyy; 08-09-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #51
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
I'm fairly certain you can't lose influence with hwe in that conversation string. I've tried before, it doesn't work

But when I want to gain/lose influence, I use RedHawke's mistake correction armband. Much simpler than following walkthroughs and such. pffft. I laugh in the face of walkthroughs.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #52
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Uh... this thread is about Visas vs. Juhani... isn't it?

I do like Visas enough because she was a sentinel and force user, but I don't favor her as much as I did Juhani from K1. A guardian is even sweeter when paired with another guardian in the force jump feat. Because Visas didn't have a high intelligence, her skills aren't worth bragging about... not that Juhani does any better at that either.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2008, 06:56 PM   #53
Burnseyy
Forumite

Yeah, I just found nothing good in Visas, at all. If it wasn't for her romance with the male Exile, she'd be a pretty pointless party member.

But I never liked the Jedi Guardians - it's just so typical, and a pain without Security skills.

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Old 08-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #54
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Visas kicks ass at force powers, if you level up her wisdom and a bit of dexterity, and since she's a jedi, you can just level up her awareness, treat injury and stealth and ignore all other skills, just use the PC or someone more skill-orientated for that sort of thing.

Visas is nowhere near as useless as, for example, G0-T0. or Mical. *grumble*

Juhani is OK for a while but i always find guardians limited in that they quickly drain their force pool. As a wise man would have said had he contributed to this thread: 'the power of a cathar fallen jedi with a lightsaber is as nothing to a wrinkly old man and stuck up teenager'. plus, she's got a rotten temper. >___>
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2008, 08:09 PM   #55
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

I like guardians for the second game, but in order to make up for their skills, I increase intelligence to 16. The feats they provide are more numerous than the sentinel or councilor, even when using them to adjust for cross/class skills.

I do like the Sentinel's skills greatly for an early game advantage, but they are limited by the 3 constitution bonus that doesn't translate to implant levels! If it did, then I'd be more happy with them.

Skills for jedi in K1 SUCKED! I don't care, but the skill levels were pathetic and I'm glad they corrected them in TSL. If Juhani was a guardian in TSL, then she'd be much greater than in K1.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #56
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I agree that Visas kicks ass... I used her in melee combat, using finesse, and upgraded her wisdom and dexterity constantly. Her force powers rivaled Kreia's once I did, and she was much better in combat.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #57
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

One thing of TSL that I hated was the stupid implant levels being determined by constitution. I hated having to push my main character's constitution to 18 instead of using the attribute points for something I liked. Hit points are not as fun as dexterity and wisdom, but I like the universal implant... which pushes everything up 2 points.

Visas was problematic because her constitution, like others was low. If the implant bug were gone, I'd be much happier with her. Since it's not, I don't usually upgrade anything other than constitution for my characters. I should just ignore that.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #58
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella View Post

Visas is nowhere near as useless as, for example, G0-T0. or Mical. *grumble*

Mical may be a right pain in the ass but he makes a good jedi IMHO. G0T0 is a worthless piece of junk, yes...wish you could sell him for credits...maybe in a mod.

Hated that too DY. One of the cool things about K1 was that you could rely on implants for a good constitution, rather that waste attribute points. Incidentally, has anybody else noticed how Visasī constitution is lower than it should be? Donīt sentinals get 8 vitality points (with con of 10) every level up. I fortget the exact numbers, but its still way too low, and she starts with a con of 12. The same thing with her fortce powers. Anybody know why?

I like Visasī voice acting. She is okay in my book. Not great, but okay.

-HOP

Viva La Resistance!
Old 08-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #59
Burnseyy
Forumite

Mical was a good Jedi - but only because he was SO easy to make become one - so he was sorted from the start.

It wasn't just Visas' stats that were messed up - quite a few of the characters had odd attribute points, but I just tried to level up as much as possible, to fix it.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #60
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Well all bias aside, he is one of the stronger jedi if you use him right. Still hate his guts though ...

Yeah, that is true of many if not all of the TSL characters, though not in K1. Does anybody know why this is?

-HOP

Viva La Resistance!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #61
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

I find virtually any jedi to be fine. In KOTOR 1, I often invest entirely on leveling up Juhani's Wisdom to achieve maximum force points. Her strength is good, but I consider FP to be better. And if her wisdom is higher, then she's a more potent jedi.

Wisdom benefits guardians much more in terms of the ratio added to each level. If a Councilor gets 8 points (base) and 6 through wisdom and charisma, they get a decent quantity more than the base. If a guardian gets 4 base, then 6 through through attributes adds 150% on to the base. Wisdom and guardians go hand in hand more than strength while councilors and constitution go hand in hand. Sentinels go either way, but wisdom is always better than constitution.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:53 PM   #62
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Right, in K1, this works fine, but TSL, there is something very buggy about force and vitality points among thte party members. Can you explain why Visasī starting vitality and force point are lower than they should be?

She starts as a level six sentinel with 30 hp and 24 fp. Yet her wisdom is twelve and constitution is twelve. Shouldnīt her hp be more like 50 or 60 and her fp in the 40s?

-HOP

Viva La Resistance!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #63
Pwnzor326
Rookie

Current Game: TES III: Morrowind
Visas because Juhani is annoying and someone else would probably kill her first.....
Pwnzor326 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #64
bally3000
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect trilogy (again :3)
lol just thought i would ask did any one kill Visas to kill tht guy at the end?
i forgot his name sorry its her master =/

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

The rule of two -
One to embody the power,
And,
One to crave it
bally3000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #65
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

You mean Nihilus? I have done it before, but I tend to keep her alive, as I rather like Visas. That and for a lightside playthrough, it just doesn't work, storyline wise.

~HOP

Viva La Resistance!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #66
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I usually have Visas sacrifice herself every other playthrough. It makes for a nice part of the story.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #67
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
I usually have Visas sacrifice herself every other playthrough. It makes for a nice part of the story.
How often do you dispose of Juhani? Oh right... you don't because you can exploit her, right? It doesn't matter if Visas won't be there anyway, so you execute her!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #68
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

I never get rid of Juhani. I know of some people who kill her just to get the free lightsaber. I was like if you want another one that bad, just cheat. Juhani can be a useful party member. I suppose sacrificing Visas does make for a more dramatic story, but Juhani...there is really no point.

~HOP

Viva La Resistance!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #69
Burnseyy
Forumite

I havent tried killing Visas yet. Hmmm... >.>

I've killed Juhani at the end, but only because i was Dark Side.
What was the difficult part, was killing Mission and Zalbaar! If I'm ever Dark Side again, I'll let them escape. if thats possible.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #70
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Oh, I meant killing her on Dantooine. No when I'm DS I have no problems killing her on the temple summit. Same here, I hate killing Mission. Maybe somebody will make a mod that allows Mission to become your dark side kick. Mission gone DS - watch out!

~HOP

Viva La Resistance!
Old 08-21-2008, 05:14 AM   #71
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
How often do you dispose of Juhani? Oh right... you don't because you can exploit her, right? It doesn't matter if Visas won't be there anyway, so you execute her!
I kill Juhani most times - I play with Inyri's Kay mod, which overrides Juhani. If I didn't kill her, she'd just disappear, and I don't like loose ends.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #72
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Oh, well that makes sense. I never did like the whole when you recruit somebody through a mod, the old NPC just dissappears. Killing her does make it more realistic and ties up loose ends as you said. I like Juhani so I'll probably never use that mod, but I it looks great.

~HOP

Viva La Resistance!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #73
thundrfang1
Rookie

1.Juhani-I'm pretty sure that Juhani's more superior in strength
2.Visas-Visas because she loves the male exile more than Juhani loves the female revan
3.Visas-from what i've seen, juhani relies on lightsaber/melee combat to win a decent fight
4.juhani-no reason. just feel like she would win
5.visas-unless juhani sneak attacked her, i think she would win
thundrfang1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #74
Yar-El
Banned

Current Game: The Witcher
Scenario 1: Juhani is geared towards weapons style battling.

Scenario 2: Non contest. Juhani and Visas would kill themselves for one or the other.

Scenario 3: Visas's handicap-turned advantage gives her more control over the fource.

Scenario 4: Juhani is geared towards hand to hand battle.

Scenario 5: I don't know. They both can put up a good fight.
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #75
LadyVader1986
Lurker

I think Visas would kick Juhani's tail. Juhani seems a little too pansy for me. And I could 90% of the time let Visas fight by herself without her getting killed. Juhani on the other hand...
LadyVader1986 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2008, 11:38 PM   #76
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
I agree. Every time I go onto the Star Forge as Light Side and we run into some Dark Jedi or droids...she hisses, spits, and falls down dead. If Visas was there, on the other hand, those Dark Jedi would be running for cover.

1. Visas is excellent with her lightsabers, the way I level her up.
2. Visas would kick Juhani's feline tail, even if the Exile was female! She's just a whole lot more loyal than Juhani in all situations. I mean, come on, Quatra was nice to Juhani for years before provoking her to the Dark Side, and she almost killed him! That's loyalty for ya... with Visas, she had obvious reasons to kill Nihilus.
3. Visas was trained in the Dark Side for years. Juhani was trained in the Light Side for years. We all have to admit, Force Storm and Force Wave are a lot more powerful than Force Aura and even Force Healing. Besides that, Juhani would run out of Force power about the second time she used Force Heal.
4. As much as I hate to say it, Juhani would win. She has claws, and Cathar are far tougher than Miraluka.
5. Visas would murder Juhani. First, she'd knock her back with Force Wave, then she'd slice her while she was stunned, then she'd repeat the process until Juhani was dead.

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #77
Corinthian
Banned

Visas is blind. Juhani could use this to her advantage. All she needs is a Ysalamiri, and Visas is completely helpless.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #78
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
True. But that's not part of the specified conditions. No ysalamiri's allowed.

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #79
mattig89ch

Scenario 1: Juhani

Scenario 2: Visas and Juhani, they would work together to save them both, then go to 5. LS or DS, it doesn't matter. They'd see the situation and say "We'll settle this later" and work together.

Scenario 3: Visas

Scenario 4: Juhani

Scenario 5: It'd be a tie. Juhani would kick arse with her light saber, but Visas would pwn with force powers.
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #80
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyariot View Post
Okay, I've seen a bunch of these vs. threads, and that got me (and my brother) wondering who would win in a fight of Juhani vs. Visas. Because we can't decide, I chose to post this and watch the fists fly.
This should be fun.
Quote:
Scenario 1: Basic Sparring. No force powers.
Juhani...she's the Jedi Guardian here, not to mention an agile Cathar.
Quote:
Scenario 2: "You're in my way". (My brother thought of this) What if the (M)Exile and (F)Revan were in trouble, and to rescue them, Visas and Juhani had to fight to save one or the other. Heh, high stakes.
Visas. When she says "my life for yours", she means it.
Quote:
Scenario 3: Force Battle. Just force techniques. Light and dark.
Visas. She learned from Nihilus, the most powerful Force entity in the history of Star Wars. Plus, Juhani was rather pathetic in the Dark Side while Visas belonged the Triumvirate, a very deadly group.
Quote:
Scenario 4: Hand-to-Hand combat. No weapons or force-powers. (Not Echani style, sorry guys )
Juhani. She's a Cathar, thus more combat oriented.
Quote:
Scenario 5: All-out-battle. Just use whatever you can to defeat the enemy.
Visas, because of Senario 2. She has unmatched determination, and Force Powers to go with it.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Juhani vs. Visas Marr