lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters

Well, I believe the time has come to announce my forthcoming mod to the world. The Jedi Masters is a total conversion mod which adds an all new chapter to the Old Republic story. It is designed to work with TSL.

To view the trailer please click HERE.

Added it to Youtube for those who find it easier :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRZhzqFucZY

The mod itself is a totally separate storyline to TSL and adds around sixteen hours of gameplay. It takes place just under two decades after KOTOR 2, includes my own answers to the 'what happened to Revan?' question and even has me taking a stab over the identity of the True Sith (see guy with big horns in the trailer).

As the WIP on my site states, I'm getting near the end now. The main story is fully completed, from the recap-training first module to the final boss fight. As of now, I'm going back through the game and finishing up the various subquests. This is turning out to be a fairly fast process (most dialogs etc are already there, it's just a case of matching them up to the characters and adding the correct scripts), and I'm expecting to release the mod roughly at the end of the month.

The reason I'm posting this now is that I am looking for people who are willing to do a bit of voice acting. I'm after as many as I can get, mainly for minor characters and one liners to add something extra to the mod. Specifically, I'm after people interested in playing :

-1 Male Jedi Master,
-One of 3 Female Jedi masters,
-Several Merchants,
-Any amount of commoners (the more the better),
-One of 3 barflys,
-1 Female Secretary,
-1 Male Secretary,
-1 Male guard,
-2 'posh homemakers', one male, one female,
-1 Mandalorian male,
-1 Farmer, either gender,
-1 Male Toydarian,
-1 Male scientist,
-1 Insulting Computer, either gender.

If anyone wants, feel free to volunteer for more than one. I've also probably missed some out, so I'll update the list when I discover the rest.

If anyone is up for it, please either reply in the thread or send me a PM. I'm easy about how you want to send the audio file, whether it be as an email attachment or uploaded onto something like rapidshare.

Finally, if anyone has any questions at all about the mod and it's content, please feel free to ask them.

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC : THE JEDI MASTERS
PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.

Last edited by Trex; 08-10-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Trex is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Wow. You must've been working on this for a very long time. It looks really impressive.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
*shakes uncontrollably*
You sir, appear to be a demi-god.
Now, a question. Do you plan to make another version of this mod, with completely new modules (as in, not using currently existing modules, more like what Doc is doing with his mod) after you learn to use GMax better?
TriggerGod is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
zbyl2

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder 
Wow, looks interesting. Can I ask you how many time you worked on it?
These all module reskin from trailer are really cool. I'm waiting for more. Good luck.
zbyl2 is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
JBomber499
Banned

Is this the greatest K2 mod of all time? Or is the on that Doc making better?
JBomber499 is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #6
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
This shows great promise - normally I'm highly sceptical when it comes to Total Conversion mods; they are so often announced here and come to nothing - only Doc V has ever produced a large scale new story. However this does look interesting, and nearly finished - so I'm hopeful for a release - good work sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBomber499 View Post
Is this the greatest K2 mod of all time? Or is the on that Doc making better?
Personally I think;

1. TSL:RP (fixing a bug ridden game is harder than making a new one IMHO)
2. Doc V's new mod
3. Possibly this - will have to play it and see

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #7
Istorian

Helpful! 
Great work, Trex!! It seems you've put much work to it!!

Hope to see it complete!!

P.S. I think I can do the male Toydarian pretty well. PM me for details if you'd like!!

|I|

Istorian is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #8
whatthehell
Rookie

i can voice act in my free time if you need me. PM me

If you are reading this, then You Just Lost The Game. Fear my posts knowing you will lose again
whatthehell is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #9
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Looks very interesting.

Did you record new VOs for Bastila?

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #10
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

Ah, so that's what the sound-editing was all about. Looks pretty good from the trailer, though I think a few skins need touching up.

Last edited by Giant Graffiti; 08-10-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 02:42 PM   #11
Pikmin

Wow! You must have spent a lot of time on this. Wait, why is Nihilus alive ten years after I killed him?
Pikmin is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #12
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Uh, WOW.

You must have spent a HELL of a long time on this!

Kudos!
Marius Fett is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #13
Jedi Master Sharon
Rookie

Sounds like an awesome 'expansion' mod. Keep it up!

" I merely stripped away the illusion, and brought her truth. Her teachings could not be allowed to continue. And like Malachor, she was part of your past, unresolved. She needed to be something you could confront—and defeat, one last time. It was part of your training. Part of what was needed to make you complete. She loved you, you know, as one loves a champion. You were all that she could not be."
"She has brought truth, and you condemn it? The arrogance! You will not harm her.
Jedi Master Sharon is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 06:05 PM   #14
Revan 411
Forumite

Wow, this mod looks very impressive, great job.

Revan 411 is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #15
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Woah, that's a...few questions.

First of all, the main one, I'm not too sure how long I worked on it. I started modding Empire at war last year and intended to do a conversion mod turning it into the KOTOR era...only to find that someone had already done it.

So, around Christmas, I started working on a KOTOR mod where TSL would continue on to an extra two module planet where you would meet/find Revan, discover that he had turned evil, then a) Duel and kill him, or b) Join with him to conquer the galaxy. The conquering would be the main emphasis and include killing the four main heads of the main planets ; Vogga on Nar Shadda, Vaklu/Talia on Onderon, Azkul/Adare on Dantooine and Carth on Telos. After all of which you would have conquered the galaxy...or something like that.

Anyway, I never liked the idea too much, but it eventually evolved into this here mod.

Quote:
Now, a question. Do you plan to make another version of this mod, with completely new modules (as in, not using currently existing modules, more like what Doc is doing with his mod) after you learn to use GMax better?
I may release something a little later, but for now all existing modules are just reskins. My area of expertise is scripting, but I'm getting better and better at Gmax, so you never know. I will however add that walkmeshes are still a complete mystery to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istorian View Post

P.S. I think I can do the male Toydarian pretty well. PM me for details if you'd like!!

|I|
Thanks. I'll probably PM you through the week sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthehell View Post
i can voice act in my free time if you need me. PM me
Again, thanks. Will PM through the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
Looks very interesting.

Did you record new VOs for Bastila?
The Bastila Voice is spliced from her different lines in TSL. It was a little awkward since she only has 25 voice files or so, but it was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiygasUnlimited View Post
Ah, so that's what the sound-editing was all about. Looks pretty good from the trailer, though I thinks a few skins need touching up.
It was indeed all about this, and yes I'm afraid texturing is my weakest area. My last big job on this might be a week long touch up session (which actually sounds pretty good when I phrase it like that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikmin View Post
Wow! You must have spent a lot of time on this. Wait, why is Nihilus alive ten years after I killed him?
Ah, now that I would hate to spoil.

It's mainly to do with a reference Darth Krayt made to Nihilus escaping death when he discovered a holocron with said figure. I'll let you look it up yourself : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nihilus (see 'legacy'). Basically, he gets resurrected for this. And he's not the only one...

EDIT : TECH QUESTION
When viewing the trailer, could everyone see the 'medium resolution' button. It doesn't always work for me.

PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #16
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I used the Medium Resolution button, so it works here.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 06:26 PM   #17
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
I used the Medium Resolution button, so it works here.

_EW_
Thanks. I think it's just my connection. It can be a little temperamental.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #18
nine.roses
Rookie

Wow. Quite an effort you've put in here... I'm very impressed.

ø¤º°`°º¤ø
,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,
°º¤ø,¸¸,°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°
,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,
ø¤º°`°º¤ø
º°`°º
nine.roses is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #19
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

Current Game: q2
It looks very impressive! Who's going to VO Revan? Or is (s)he going to be VO'd?

Anyway, if you want a voice actor with a flat mid-western US accent, I'll do it... If you want some rather hokey sounding accents done on top of said Mid-west accent I'll also do it. Just drop me a PM.

Oh, and the Medium Resolution button worked just fine for me.

ForeverNight is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #20
Pikmin

Medium Resolution was how I viewed the trailer.
Pikmin is offline   you may:
Old 08-12-2008, 05:40 AM   #21
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverNight View Post
It looks very impressive! Who's going to VO Revan? Or is (s)he going to be VO'd?
For most of the main characters I've been playing with free voice generator softwares. I can use it then tweak up the sound files with an editing program I have.

I also decided a while ago not to have every line of dialog voiced. For certain main characters, notable Bastila and HK-47, it would simply take far too long to edit together every line in the way that I'm doing it. Instead, what I decided to go for was something more like Baldur's Gate (and similar), where the most important lines are all voiced, but the lesser 'in conversation' lines aren't. After playing through, I think it works quite well.

Anyway, I thought I'd add some screenshots here I've been cycling as wallpapers for the last month or so :

Old 08-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #22
Druganator

Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
what kinda armour is she wearin in the 7th screenie?

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may:
Old 08-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #23
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druganator View Post
what kinda armour is she wearin in the 7th screenie?
That's actually the default female clothing, which is a retexture of the Mira outfit. The eighth shot shows the default male, although I think I might redo that one some time. I don't like it as much.

You might also want to ignore the PC portraits. I'm redoing the 30 or so PC head textures all the time, so the portraits will be one of last things done.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #24
Lord Dagron
Rookie

Current Game: TFU , TFU2
Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks the best mod I've ever seen. I'm willing to beta test for you in my spare time.

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering." Yoda
" You don't know the true nature of the force , I must obey my master" Darth Vader
" And now young Jedi, you will die" The Emperor

Formerly Known As Darth Riddick
Lord Dagron is offline   you may:
Old 08-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #25
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
Good job doing all this work! The first screen is awesome. Large-scale battles ftw!

OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may:
Old 08-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #26
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

This may seem like a daft question, but does this mod kick in after you complete the main TSL game?

Or does it 'overwrite' the actual game?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #27
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Riddick View Post
Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks the best mod I've ever seen. I'm willing to beta test for you in my spare time.
I might have to take you and someone else up on that sometime actually. Playing through every single variation to make sure everything works solo could take a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Fett View Post
This may seem like a daft question, but does this mod kick in after you complete the main TSL game?

Or does it 'overwrite' the actual game?
Once everything is installed, the mod takes over everything in game. The menus are a little different, you get the choice of the thirty or so new PC characters, and when you press 'new game' you'll instantly go into the mod from the first module.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #28
voltes5
Rookie

Will you still be able to play the original game after we finish the mod?
voltes5 is offline   you may:
Old 08-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #29
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltes5 View Post
Will you still be able to play the original game after we finish the mod?
Absolutely. All the files files will either go into : Override, streamvoice, movies or modules. As soon as you want to play the game normally again, just delete everything (or move them all into folder somewhere else instead).

Old 08-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #30
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex View Post
Once everything is installed, the mod takes over everything in game. The menus are a little different, you get the choice of the thirty or so new PC characters, and when you press 'new game' you'll instantly go into the mod from the first module.
Ah, good. I've played through the original game so many times, I don't think I could take it again.

Quote:
I might have to take you and someone else up on that sometime actually. Playing through every single variation to make sure everything works solo could take a while.
I'll beta test for you, should you require it.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:29 PM   #31
EXzSoldier
Banned

this is a very complex mod very nice
EXzSoldier is offline   you may:
Old 08-13-2008, 08:40 PM   #32
correllian_thug
Rookie

wow! now thats awesome! i'll take this over the main game any day lol
correllian_thug is offline   you may:
Old 08-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #33
SevaC
Lurker

Sounds good so far. I've never done voice-acting before, but if you still end up needing some people I'd be willing to try it.
SevaC is offline   you may:
Old 08-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #34
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

tastic

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may:
Old 08-14-2008, 12:06 AM   #35
Malpense
Rookie

Certainly looks like an interesting project... good luck with finishing it off!
Malpense is offline   you may:
Old 08-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #36
Revan_Pwn_Malak
Rookie

This looks pretty awesome! I hope you succeed where other full conversions have failed.
Revan_Pwn_Malak is offline   you may:
Old 08-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #37
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Hey this looks great!

I look forward to playing the mod

keep up the great work!

Logan

logan23 is offline   you may:
Old 08-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #38
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
Hey this looks great!

I look forward to playing the mod

keep up the great work!

Logan
Thanks! Been looking through your mod too. Looks pretty sweet.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #39
Mandalorian01
Rookie

I would like to do the Mandalorian male voice.

"FOR MANDALORE"
Mandalorian01 is offline   you may:
Old 08-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #40
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I am so looking forward to this mod. Great Job

Last edited by Chevron 7 locke; 08-16-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Chevron 7 locke is online now   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters